Windows 10: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Slow Build 17025 for PC Insider

Page 25 of 43 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
  1.    02 Nov 2017 #240

    Kari said: View Post
    Check boxes. Click to select / unselect
    With my luck, one of the check marks indicate "You agree to install SpazSearch.ugh"!!!
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2. Kari's Avatar
    Posts : 14,818
    Windows 10 Pro
       02 Nov 2017 #241

    Edwin said: View Post
    With my luck, one of the check marks indicate "You agree to install SpazSearch.ugh"!!!
    Since my dear friend, esteemed geek and fellow TF member @Cliff S introduced Clover to me over a year ago, I've been using it to do what Explorer is missing: add tabs and favourites bar to it. I do not need any other bells and whistles, that's enough for me.

    In all this time I've had no additional software installed by Clover installer, nor has it crashed or caused any issues.

    I'm sorry I can't translate installer, I do not even know if it's Cantonese or Mandarin or some other variation. I just know it's 100% safe to install and use with default settings.

    Kari
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3. martyfelker's Avatar
    Posts : 1,540
    Triple Boot Windows 10 IP Build 17711/Windows Server 2019 IP Build 17692/Debian Unsttable
       02 Nov 2017 #242

    Yeah I'd agree that a GSOD when turning the power on is a major bug. So I just started using BOINC and the Einstein@home project to usefully share my spare cycles. I do them same when I boot into Linux. In the meantime I have a Gen 1 and Gen 2 Hyper-V Windows 10 VMs spinning their wheel waiting for next weeks (we hope) build. I might my HP Proliant which is running the Windows Server latest build. Maybe I can get a BOINC instance installed there as well.

    Cheers.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  4.    03 Nov 2017 #243

    Kari said: View Post
    Since my dear friend, esteemed geek and fellow TF member @Cliff S introduced Clover to me over a year ago, I've been using it to do what Explorer is missing: add tabs and favourites bar to it. I do not need any other bells and whistles, that's enough for me.

    In all this time I've had no additional software installed by Clover installer, nor has it crashed or caused any issues.

    I'm sorry I can't translate installer, I do not even know if it's Cantonese or Mandarin or some other variation. I just know it's 100% safe to install and use with default settings.

    Kari
    AFAIK - Cantonese and Mandarin are dialects (spoken differently) but written the same. I used to go to Chinese Restaurants in the Smoke with a Chinese friend who spoke Mandarin but not Cantonese (most restaurants being Cantonese) and she would communicate in written language.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5. AndreTen's Avatar
    Posts : 14,195
    Windows 10 (Pro and Insider Pro)
       03 Nov 2017 #244

    Edwin said: View Post
    @Kari

    What are these?

    (With my luck, one of the check marks indicate "You agree to install SpazSearch.ugh"!!!)

    Attachment 161869
    Reddit user translated that:


    以阅读并接受用户许可协议

    I have read and agree to the User Terms and Conditions.

    创建 开始菜单 文件夹

    Create Start Menu folder.

    The big white button says "Install Now".

    !translated
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  6.    03 Nov 2017 #245

    This is pretty close to what it would read:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	000152.png 
Views:	3 
Size:	176.3 KB 
ID:	161903
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    03 Nov 2017 #246

    cereberus said: View Post
    AFAIK - Cantonese and Mandarin are dialects (spoken differently) but written the same. I used to go to Chinese Restaurants in the Smoke with a Chinese friend who spoke Mandarin but not Cantonese (most restaurants being Cantonese) and she would communicate in written language.
    Actually, not meaning to be contrary, but they aren't written the same. I've lived in China for several years, and can tell you with certainty that each dialect is written differently. But there are enough commonality in the characters that general understanding is possible. I always liked the way my name was written in Cantonese (Guandong hua) much better than Mandarin. Mandarin has only four tones, which is difficult enough, but Cantonese has nine tones, is older and is much more complex.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8. f14tomcat's Avatar
    Posts : 36,291
    Triple boot - Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Pro Insider (2) - (and a sprinkling of VMs)
       03 Nov 2017 #247

    Kari said: View Post
    For non-mandarin speakers:

    1.) Download Clover: Download Clover - MajorGeeks

    2.) Click Install:

    Attachment 161860

    3.) Clover will be installed:

    Attachment 161861

    4.) Close installer:

    Attachment 161864

    When you run Clover, it's fully English. It's only the simple installer that's in Chinese.

    Kari
    Yeah, Kari...I could figure out that much. Just did not like it and blew it away. Freedom of choice.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  9.    03 Nov 2017 #248

    smactilactus said: View Post
    Actually, not meaning to be contrary, but they aren't written the same. I've lived in China for several years, and can tell you with certainty that each dialect is written differently. But there are enough commonality in the characters that general understanding is possible. I always liked the way my name was written in Cantonese (Guandong hua) much better than Mandarin. Mandarin has only four tones, which is difficult enough, but Cantonese has nine tones, is older and is much more complex.
    Yeah - it is a bit like I can read Swedish or Nowegian when I learnt Danish I suppose.

    I was simplifying really - I am guessing when it comes to technical terms, languages are more common as many terms are newer?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10.    03 Nov 2017 #249

    f14tomcat said: View Post
    Yeah, Kari...I could figure out that much. Just did not like it and blew it away. Freedom of choice.
    I dislike Explorer as a file manager and can't imagine that Clover's "frills" would improve it enough to be even remotely appealing.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 25 of 43 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Related Threads
Read more: Windows 10 SDK Preview Build 17025 - Building Apps for Windows Download: Download Windows Insider Preview SDK
UPDATE 10/4: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Fast+Slow Build 16299.15 for PC Insider - Windows 10 Forums UPDATE 9/28: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Slow+Fast Build 16299 for PC Insider - Windows 10 Forums 912785209581555712...
UPDATE 10/4: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Fast+Slow Build 16299.15 for PC Insider - Windows 10 Forums UPDATE 10/2: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Fast Build 16299.15 for PC Insider - Windows 10 Forums 913556690376773632...
UPDATE 9/26: Insider Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Slow Build 16296 for PC - Windows 10 Forums 911319835648204800 910247567849426945 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16291 for PC - Windows Experience Blog
892868741708431361 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16251 for PC Build 15235 for Mobile - Windows Experience Blog Windows 10 PC:
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:34.
Find Us