Announcing Windows 10 Insider Slow Build 17025 for PC Insider

Page 12 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
  1. magilla's Avatar
    Posts : 2,039
    Windows 10 and windows insider
       26 Oct 2017 #110

    24c said: View Post
    It is on my "to do" list after a new install - it does get turned back on during some upgrades.
    Guess I’d better add it to mine with new builds.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2. AndreTen's Avatar
    Posts : 15,468
    Windows 10 (Pro and Insider Pro)
       26 Oct 2017 #111

    magilla said: View Post
    Guess I’d better add it to mine with new builds.
    It stayed to off for me.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  3.    26 Oct 2017 #112

    I always used to keep system restore on as it was good for fixing niggling issues that did not warrant restoring a full backup.

    Of course, you can use Macrium Reflect Free and create a full backup and (say) daily differential backups which pretty much does the same thing as doing a system restore, except you lose any data stored on c drive since last backup, so you need to backup recent data first . The problem is that this can a bit slow. You can just create a differential just before you rewind, if you are not sure you have backed up all the data.

    However, if you use the paid version, with its Rapid Delta Restore function, it only less than five minutes to rewind pc. This is so fast and reliable, I do not bother with restore points. I keep data on other drives, and only really use documents and downloads for temporary stuff, backing up important files to onedrive.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4. magilla's Avatar
    Posts : 2,039
    Windows 10 and windows insider
       26 Oct 2017 #113

    cereberus said: View Post
    I always used to keep system restore on as it was good for fixing niggling issues that did not warrant restoring a full backup.

    Of course, you can use Macrium Reflect Free and create a full backup and (say) daily differential backups which pretty much does the same thing as doing a system restore, except you lose any data stored on c drive since last backup, so you need to backup recent data first . The problem is that this can a bit slow. You can just create a differential just before you rewind, if you are not sure you have backed up all the data.

    However, if you use the paid version, with its Rapid Delta Restore function, it only less than five minutes to rewind pc. This is so fast and reliable, I do not bother with restore points. I keep data on other drives, and only really use documents and downloads for temporary stuff, backing up important files to onedrive.
    I have paid version and am a daily full backup person. It only takes one flub up to teach that lesson!
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5. kado897's Avatar
    Posts : 22,598
    Windows 10 Home 64bit
       26 Oct 2017 #114

    cereberus said: View Post
    I always used to keep system restore on as it was good for fixing niggling issues that did not warrant restoring a full backup.

    Of course, you can use Macrium Reflect Free and create a full backup and (say) daily differential backups which pretty much does the same thing as doing a system restore, except you lose any data stored on c drive since last backup, so you need to backup recent data first . The problem is that this can a bit slow. You can just create a differential just before you rewind, if you are not sure you have backed up all the data.

    However, if you use the paid version, with its Rapid Delta Restore function, it only less than five minutes to rewind pc. This is so fast and reliable, I do not bother with restore points. I keep data on other drives, and only really use documents and downloads for temporary stuff, backing up important files to onedrive.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    26 Oct 2017 #115

    magilla said: View Post
    I have paid version and am a daily full backup person. It only takes one flub up to teach that lesson!
    The differential backups are very handy when you want to try something slighty risky eg some regedits, but do not want to wait for a full backup to be done - they are very quick normally.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7. Fisher Mann's Avatar
    Posts : 319
    Win 10 Pro x64 18277 Fast
       26 Oct 2017 #116

    magilla said: View Post
    Did that solve problem? My driver is AMD - havenít had this before. Donít like having to do a hard shutdown to get video display back.
    It solved the problem until the next Insider's Build was installed!
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  8.    26 Oct 2017 #117

    magilla said: View Post
    I have paid version and am a daily full backup person. It only takes one flub up to teach that lesson!
    Agreed! - I keep no data on C:\ drive - just the OS - all data/files/pictures are on D:\ - D:\ is regularly backed up to the 3 1TB SSDs in my machine - my stuff stays on my machine.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  9. BugMeister's Avatar
    Posts : 3,234
    64-bit Win10 Pro Insider Build 18290
       26 Oct 2017 #118

    17025 definitely the best build, so far..
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  10.    26 Oct 2017 #119

    Has anybody tried using the edit video command in skippy photos app. It just crashes and closes the photos app.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 12 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Related Threads
Read more: Windows 10 SDK Preview Build 17025 - Building Apps for Windows Download: Download Windows Insider Preview SDK
UPDATE 10/4: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Fast+Slow Build 16299.15 for PC Insider - Windows 10 Forums UPDATE 9/28: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Slow+Fast Build 16299 for PC Insider - Windows 10 Forums 912785209581555712...
UPDATE 10/4: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Fast+Slow Build 16299.15 for PC Insider - Windows 10 Forums UPDATE 10/2: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Fast Build 16299.15 for PC Insider - Windows 10 Forums 913556690376773632...
UPDATE 9/26: Insider Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Slow Build 16296 for PC - Windows 10 Forums 911319835648204800 910247567849426945 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16291 for PC - Windows Experience Blog
892868741708431361 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16251 for PC Build 15235 for Mobile - Windows Experience Blog Windows 10 PC:
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:04.
Find Us