Page 37 of 51 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast
  1.    4 Weeks Ago #361
    Join Date : Feb 2015
    Bamberg Germany
    Posts : 17,604
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Win10 Pro Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu

    Quote Originally Posted by fdegrove View Post
    Hi,
    @Cliff S : Recycle Bin is nothing but a folder too as you may well know. It's a protected, hidden, system folder.

    My point above was that I soon found out that this protection seems more of an added nuisance, at least to me. i keep regular MR images so I decided to put my eggs in that basket.

    Cheers,
    Me too, A nice USB 3.0 gen 1 drive that sits in my closet
    Quote Originally Posted by Barman58 View Post
    I would imagine that it's either the specific folder restored to needs to be allowed or the particular Recycle bin, (folder), itself - I am assuming the the relevant explorer process is whitelisted
    Still a pain, it's turned off until Microsoft white lists more of it's software and processes, or at the very least, adds a link to the popup to quickly go to the "offending" .exe to white list it.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  2.    4 Weeks Ago #362
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Posts : 1,438
    win 10 Insider

    I just wanted to protect my NAS MR image folders but found I had to have all the so-called system folders as well and that was too much of a pain.

    Wonder why we couldn't have just our own selected folders protected? All it would need is two options instead of one e.g System folders on/off and Other selected folders.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    4 Weeks Ago #363
    Join Date : Jun 2014
    USA
    Posts : 1,577
    Windows 10 Pro x64

    Quote Originally Posted by linw View Post
    Wonder why we couldn't have just our own selected folders protected?
    What are you talking about here? Are you talking backup?
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  4.    4 Weeks Ago #364
    Join Date : Feb 2015
    Bamberg Germany
    Posts : 17,604
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Win10 Pro Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu

    Quote Originally Posted by sygnus21 View Post
    What are you talking about here? Are you talking backup?
    Change Windows Defender Controlled Folder Access Settings - Windows 10 Security System Tutorials

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image 001.png 
Views:	8 
Size:	78.8 KB 
ID:	159443
    Last edited by Brink; 4 Weeks Ago at 16:50. Reason: added tutorial link for more info
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  5.    4 Weeks Ago #365
    Join Date : Jun 2014
    Posts : 5,524
    Windows 10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by linw View Post
    I just wanted to protect my NAS MR image folders but found I had to have all the so-called system folders as well and that was too much of a pain.

    Wonder why we couldn't have just our own selected folders protected? All it would need is two options instead of one e.g System folders on/off and Other selected folders.
    One has to remember that it is still in it's infancy. I'm sure it will improve as it matures.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    4 Weeks Ago #366
    Join Date : Jun 2014
    USA
    Posts : 1,577
    Windows 10 Pro x64

    OK, I think I get it, but I'm coming in late so...

    Thanks.
    Last edited by Brink; 4 Weeks Ago at 16:50. Reason: added tutorial link for more info
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  7.    4 Weeks Ago #367
    Join Date : Feb 2015
    Bamberg Germany
    Posts : 17,604
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Win10 Pro Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu

    Quote Originally Posted by sygnus21 View Post
    OK, I think I get it, but I'm coming in late so...

    Thanks.
    You're welcome Drew, my opinion about this feature is here(posts 1 thru 3): Change Windows Defender Controlled Folder Access Settings - Windows 10 Security System Tutorials
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  8.    4 Weeks Ago #368
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Canada
    Posts : 113
    Windows 10 pro x64-bit

    Quote Originally Posted by Winuser View Post
    One has to remember that it is still in it's infancy. I'm sure it will improve as it matures.
    In reference to my post #310, I have mentioned this problem with "Controlled Folder Access". I put it on right after upgrading to FCU and it was driving kinda crazy at the very beginning because I was receiving a notification about an executable being blocked every 5-10 minutes. The weird thing, it was almost always about an app belonging to Microsoft, like: OneNote.exe; iexplore.exe; snippingtool.exe and even some very well known app like AcroRd32.exe and Chrome.exe.

    Now, as of this writing, things seem to have calmed down after I took the time to white-list most of them. So, I'll agree with you on the fact that it is still in its infancy or need a final polishing touch altogether in order for it to function properly. All in all, I prefer to have it on and feel safer now than being sorry later..
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    4 Weeks Ago #369
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Nine Mile Falls WA
    Posts : 496
    win 10 pro x64

    It turned off my secure boot and all attempts to get it back on and working have failed, i do have bitlocker working it stayed, my bios says secure boot is on but the status says its in some setup mode, this is a nightmare build , makes me wonder what MS did, i worked hard to get secure boot working on windows 10, buying a tpm and so forth to qualify, to only have it wrecked by a update. i even reset my bios turned it all back on installed the keys for it nothing works, why is it MS always breaks something lol. But on the plus side windows is working have not had a issue with it i did lock myself out of my drive LOL when i reset the bios, a rather hillarious thing i though LOL.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    4 Weeks Ago #370
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Canada
    Posts : 113
    Windows 10 pro x64-bit

    Quote Originally Posted by Tonyb View Post
    It turned off my secure boot and all attempts to get it back on and working have failed, i do have bitlocker working it stayed, my bios says secure boot is on but the status says its in some setup mode, this is a nightmare build , makes me wonder what MS did, i worked hard to get secure boot working on windows 10, buying a tpm and so forth to qualify, to only have it wrecked by a update. i even reset my bios turned it all back on installed the keys for it nothing works, why is it MS always breaks something lol. But on the plus side windows is working have not had a issue with it i did lock myself out of my drive LOL when i reset the bios, a rather hillarious thing i though LOL.
    In a case like this, if your computer had secure boot working before the upgrade to FCU, you can either roll back to the state it was before:

    Got problems with Fall Creators Update? Heres how to roll back

    or use a system image backup taken before the upgrade. From there, You can troubleshoot your PC to see if your display adapter driver is up-to-date. I would also troubleshoot Hardware & devices and even Windows update before reinstalling FCU..
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 37 of 51 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
New Map Control features in Windows 10 Fall Creators Update
Source: New Map Control features in Windows 10 Fall Creators Update - Building Apps for Windows
Windows 10 News
Windows 10 Fall Creators Update SDK Availability
Source: Windows Developer Day in London - Windows 10 Fall Creators Update SDK Availability - Building Apps for Windows 917796685367074816
Windows 10 News
Windows 10 Fall Creators Update called "Autumn Creators Update" in UK
Read more: Microsoft will call Windows 10's next update the 'Autumn Creators Update' in the UK | Windows Central Update: The Windows 10 Autumn Creators Update will be called 'Fall Creators Update' after all | Windows Central
Windows 10 News
What’s new in Windows Defender ATP Fall Creators Update
Source: What's new in Windows Defender ATP Fall Creators Update Windows Security
Windows 10 News
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:57.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums