Windows 10: How to get the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update

Page 2 of 54 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
  1.    17 Oct 2017 #10

    How do I know if the media creation tool is downloading the fall creators update or just the creators update?
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 28,542
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 17650
    Thread Starter
       17 Oct 2017 #11

    If you download before 10AM PT, then it's not it.

    It'll also be announced here when officially available.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  3.    17 Oct 2017 #12

    bobsagetfullhou said: View Post
    How do I know if the media creation tool is downloading the fall creators update or just the creators update?
    You can check by running either one of these from the command line/elevated/

    See Full Details about a Windows 10 ISO file Installation Upgrade Tutorials

    dism /Get-WimInfo /WimFile:E:\sources\install.wim /index:1
    dism /Get-WimInfo /WimFile:E:\sources\install.esd /index:1

    E is the drive letter where you've mounted the ISO.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    17 Oct 2017 #13

    Brink said: View Post
    If you download before 10AM PT, then it's not it.

    It'll also be announced here when officially available.
    And any-other link out there so far doesn't have it either. They're all old versions as far as I can tell.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    17 Oct 2017 #14

    bobsagetfullhou said: View Post
    How do I know if the media creation tool is downloading the fall creators update or just the creators update?
    Hover cursor over mediacreationtool.exe. You will get a popup info screen that will either say 15063 or 16299.

    If it says 15063, you will have to download a newer version until it says 16299.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 32,390
    Triple boot - Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Pro Insider (2) - (and a sprinkling of VMs)
       17 Oct 2017 #15

    Also, if the properties of the Media Creation Tool say this, it's old.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2017-10-17_06h43_49.png 
Views:	14 
Size:	24.8 KB 
ID:	158508
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 1,925
    Windows 10 x86 14383 Insider Pro and Core 10240
       17 Oct 2017 #16

    You can tell by the properties of the mediacreationtool.exe file - the one in the post above is not the one you want - but this is:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.png 
Views:	161 
Size:	28.1 KB 
ID:	158509
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  8.    17 Oct 2017 #17

    Fafhrd said: View Post
    You can tell by the properties of the mediacreationtool.exe file - the one in the post above is not the one you want - but this is:

    This is not the ISO you are looking for - Obi Wan.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  •    17 Oct 2017 #18

    Fafhrd said: View Post
    You can tell by the properties of the mediacreationtool.exe file - the one in the post above is not the one you want - but this is:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.png 
Views:	161 
Size:	28.1 KB 
ID:	158509
    then is 16299.15 The Final or is it 16299.19?
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  • Posts : 271
    Windows 10 PRO
       17 Oct 2017 #19

    Watching this topic like a HAWK! CAW CAW!!!

    (But serious, how late in europe (amsterdam) must it be when it's officially there?) PT? CET?
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  •  
    Page 2 of 54 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

    Related Threads
    Source: New Map Control features in Windows 10 Fall Creators Update - Building Apps for Windows
    Source: Windows Developer Day in London - Windows 10 Fall Creators Update SDK Availability - Building Apps for Windows 917796685367074816
    Read more: Microsoft will call Windows 10's next update the 'Autumn Creators Update' in the UK | Windows Central Update: The Windows 10 Autumn Creators Update will be called 'Fall Creators Update' after all | Windows Central
    Source: What's new in Windows Defender ATP Fall Creators Update Windows Security
    Our Sites
    Site Links
    About Us
    Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

    © Designer Media Ltd
    All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:57.
    Find Us