Windows 10: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Fast+Skip Build 17017 for PC Insider

Page 39 of 64 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 2,797
    W10 Pro + W10 Preview
       16 Oct 2017 #380

    I have to laugh....time after time members complaining about so many problems after clean installations....clean installations work properly on RTM versions, and one should not expect it on an experimental Insider O/S.
    When are members going to accept that Insider programmes are not proven to be reliable enough for M$ to release fit for purpose ISO,s.
    If its not acceptable for M$, why is it expected to be for Insiders?
    Updates released by M$ are acceptable, and have for me presented hardly any of the problems encountered by so many.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 34,650
    Triple boot - Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Pro Insider (2) - (and a sprinkling of VMs)
       16 Oct 2017 #381

    dencal said: View Post
    I have to laugh....time after time members complaining about so many problems after clean installations....clean installations work properly on RTM versions, and one should not expect it on an experimental Insider O/S.
    When are members going to accept that Insider programmes are not proven to be reliable enough for M$ to release fit for purpose ISO,s.
    If its not acceptable for M$, why is it expected to be for Insiders?
    Updates released by M$ are acceptable, and have for me presented hardly any of the problems encountered by so many.
    Clean livin' ?
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  3.    16 Oct 2017 #382

    dencal said: View Post
    I have to laugh....time after time members complaining about so many problems after clean installations....clean installations work properly on RTM versions, and one should not expect it on an experimental Insider O/S.
    When are members going to accept that Insider programmes are not proven to be reliable enough for M$ to release fit for purpose ISO,s.
    If its not acceptable for M$, why is it expected to be for Insiders?
    Updates released by M$ are acceptable, and have for me presented hardly any of the problems encountered by so many.
    It must be so wonderful to be HUA and feel perfect, faultless and so superior to your fellow insiders.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    16 Oct 2017 #383

    arfcdf said: View Post
    It must be so wonderful to be HUA and feel perfect, faultless and so superior to your fellow insiders.
    I do not thank he meant what you posted..
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 34,650
    Triple boot - Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Pro Insider (2) - (and a sprinkling of VMs)
       16 Oct 2017 #384

    Josey Wales said: View Post
    I do not thank he meant what you posted..
    No, he didn't.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 2,797
    W10 Pro + W10 Preview
       16 Oct 2017 #385

    arfcdf said: View Post
    It must be so wonderful to be HUA and feel perfect, faultless and so superior to your fellow insiders.
    There are members in this forum far more knowledgeable than myself, for whom I have the utmost respect.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 5,857
    Windows 10 Pro X64 16299.192
       16 Oct 2017 #386

    I upgraded from 16299.19 to 17017 and had the volsnap.exe BSOD boot loop so it's not all caused by Clean Installing.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 1,693
    Windows 10 and windows insider
       16 Oct 2017 #387

    Ztruker said: View Post
    I upgraded from 16299.19 to 17017 and had the volsnap.exe BSOD boot loop so it's not all caused by Clean Installing.
    I have a partial solve for the situation, but not complete. I have been able to install 17017. Finally. However, I had removed my two external USB backup drives. After installing the build, I tried to plug in my USB drives again. Low, and behold, the system crashed, blue screen and green screen both referencing the pagefault in non-paged area ref. volsnap.sys ----- so. And, this is a triple boot system and always has been with three different drives, one with Win 8.1 Pro, one with CU 10, and one with Insider. Never, never had a problem with this setup. And have had the drives plugged in all along. Now when I plug drives back in, the green screen rears its ugly head and I cannot get an option to go to my menu to select one of the other systems on this computer. HELPPPPPPPP
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  9. Posts : 38,043
    Dual boot Windows 10 FCU Pro x 64 & current Insider 10 Pro
       16 Oct 2017 #388

    magilla said: View Post
    I have a partial solve for the situation, but not complete. I have been able to install 17017. Finally. However, I had removed my two external USB backup drives. After installing the build, I tried to plug in my USB drives again. Low, and behold, the system crashed, blue screen and green screen both referencing the pagefault in non-paged area ref. volsnap.sys ----- so. And, this is a triple boot system and always has been with three different drives, one with Win 8.1 Pro, one with CU 10, and one with Insider. Never, never had a problem with this setup. And have had the drives plugged in all along. Now when I plug drives back in, the green screen rears its ugly head and I cannot get an option to go to my menu to select one of the other systems on this computer. HELPPPPPPPP
    I think you need to replace the volsnap.sys file first and then hook up your other drives. At least that's what worked for me.

    I found out that my drive wouldn't initialize cuz the hot lead wasn't seated. Everything is running fine.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  10. Posts : 38,043
    Dual boot Windows 10 FCU Pro x 64 & current Insider 10 Pro
       16 Oct 2017 #389

    Meanwhile, my inch worm Acer is puttin' along upgrading to 17017. It's taken every bit of 3-1/2 hours and now at 75% after restart. She's heading into the last corner.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


 
Page 39 of 64 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast

Related Threads
900402809685721088 900405174786695168 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16273 for PC - Windows Experience Blog How to Start or Stop Receiving Insider Builds in Windows 10
913162233252892672 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17004 for PC (Skip Ahead) - Windows Experience Blog How to Start or Stop Receiving Insider Builds in Windows 10
UPDATE: 9/27: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Skip Ahead Build 17004 for PC Insider - Windows 10 Forums 908013519697616896 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16362 for PC (Skip Ahead) - Windows Experience Blog
UPDATE 9/22: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Fast Build 16296 for PC Insider - Windows 10 Forums 910700796425072640 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16294 for PC - Windows Experience Blog
903302171319427076 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16353 for PC (Skip Ahead) - Windows Experience Blog How to Start or Stop Receiving Insider Builds in Windows 10 How to Choose Your Insider Ring Level on your...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:52.
Find Us