Windows 10: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Fast+Skip Build 17017 for PC Insider

Page 29 of 64 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast
  1.    15 Oct 2017 #280

    Any wise words from Dona or MS about this mess with this build and it's installation problems ???
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 14,203
    Windows 10 Pro
       15 Oct 2017 #281

    Kari said: View Post
    Whatever it is, it works like clockwork: I get a GSOD 60 to 65 minutes after every boot. Just rebooted after the last one.

    Culprit every time cldflt.sys (Cloud Files Mini Filter Driver).
    slicendice said: View Post
    Hmmm...I already turned off my VM.

    Restarted it now and will keep it going till I manage to crash it.

    ...might be minutes, hours or days... but will report back once I find something odd.
    Kari said: View Post
    In my case next GSOD will occur in about 50 minutes. A few minutes before that I will stop doing whatever I am doing and start recording video with mobile phone. This is so annoyingly predictable I want to capture it for posterity.
    As promised @Slice & Dice:

    I started video capture 60 minutes after last GSOD. If you can use a minute of your valuable time, here's the proof:



    Like clockwork: I will get a GSOD (BSOD) 60 to 65 minutes after boot, every time, always due cldflt.sys.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 3,229
    Windows 10 Pro x64 v1803 Build 17134.137 (Branch: RS4 Release Preview)
       15 Oct 2017 #282

    Kari said: View Post
    As promised @Slice & Dice:

    I started video capture 60 minutes after last GSOD. If you can use a minute of your valuable time, here's the proof:



    Like clockwork: I will get a GSOD (BSOD) 60 to 65 minutes after boot, every time, always due cldflt.sys.
    Here is my response to this from a VM on my main IP machine:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	no_gsod.png 
Views:	8 
Size:	63.1 KB 
ID:	158233

    NO issues at all. :)
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 7
    Windows 10
       15 Oct 2017 #283

    I am also getting error 0xC1900101 , page fault in non paged area volsnap.sys, when trying to upgrade from 16299.15 to 17017.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 14,203
    Windows 10 Pro
       15 Oct 2017 #284

    slicendice said: View Post
    Here is my response to this from a VM on my main IP machine:
    I'm just saying that on this laptop, I get a GSOD caused by cldflt.sys every 60 minutes. I have to go back to 17004 and skip this build.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 3,229
    Windows 10 Pro x64 v1803 Build 17134.137 (Branch: RS4 Release Preview)
       15 Oct 2017 #285

    Kari said: View Post
    I'm just saying that on this laptop, I get a GSOD caused by cldflt.sys every 60 minutes. I have to go back to 17004 and skip this build.
    Yes, that is a very interesting issue. The fact that you can reproduce this issue every 60minutes makes it even more weird.

    I used to have all kinds of weird issues for many builds while the same OS-version/build worked flawlessly for most insiders here at TF.
    Now when others are having issues, my system is working like a charm. :)
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 20,996
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Win10 Pro Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu
       15 Oct 2017 #286

    Kari said: View Post
    As promised @Slice & Dice:

    I started video capture 60 minutes after last GSOD. If you can use a minute of your valuable time, here's the proof:



    Like clockwork: I will get a GSOD (BSOD) 60 to 65 minutes after boot, every time, always due cldflt.sys.
    I haven't had my insider VM on for that long yet(one hour) Kari.

    To test I will leave it open on my secondary monitor(the a "smaller" pixel wise 1080p one on the left)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image 003.png 
Views:	5 
Size:	820.3 KB 
ID:	158234
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 34,510
    Triple boot - Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Pro Insider (2) - (and a sprinkling of VMs)
       15 Oct 2017 #287

    Kari said: View Post
    I'm just saying that on this laptop, I get a GSOD caused by cldflt.sys every 60 minutes. I have to go back to 17004 and skip this build.
    Have you tried "borrowing" a cldflt.sys from 17004 and putting it in 17017? Nothing to lose.....
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  9. Posts : 1,688
    Windows 10 and windows insider
       15 Oct 2017 #288

    bnc123 said: View Post
    I am also getting error 0xC1900101 , page fault in non paged area volsnap.sys, when trying to upgrade from 16299.15 to 17017.
    Lots of us are getting that one, too.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  10. Posts : 14,203
    Windows 10 Pro
       15 Oct 2017 #289

    f14tomcat said: View Post
    Have you tried "borrowing" a cldflt.sys from 17004 and putting it in 17017? Nothing to lose.....
    Yes. I've also tried 17017 repair intall from ISO.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 29 of 64 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Related Threads
900402809685721088 900405174786695168 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16273 for PC - Windows Experience Blog How to Start or Stop Receiving Insider Builds in Windows 10
913162233252892672 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17004 for PC (Skip Ahead) - Windows Experience Blog How to Start or Stop Receiving Insider Builds in Windows 10
UPDATE: 9/27: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Skip Ahead Build 17004 for PC Insider - Windows 10 Forums 908013519697616896 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16362 for PC (Skip Ahead) - Windows Experience Blog
UPDATE 9/22: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Fast Build 16296 for PC Insider - Windows 10 Forums 910700796425072640 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16294 for PC - Windows Experience Blog
903302171319427076 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16353 for PC (Skip Ahead) - Windows Experience Blog How to Start or Stop Receiving Insider Builds in Windows 10 How to Choose Your Insider Ring Level on your...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:18.
Find Us