Windows 10: Microsoft rolls out Windows DVD Player for Windows 10 users

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 3,033
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
       02 Aug 2015 #31

    See reasons for being banned !!
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    02 Aug 2015 #32

    FYI ... I could not find Windows Media Player anywhere. I installed the free Nero Home Media to rip some audio CD and suddenly, Media Player showed up. I successfully ripped 20 CDs to the cloud.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 1,841
    Windows 3.1 to Windows 10
       02 Aug 2015 #33

    It appears you need to upgrade a media Center Edition to get Windows DVD Player
    Because any type of reinstall on that PC does not get you Windows DVD Player
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    02 Aug 2015 #34

    Kyhi said: View Post
    It appears you need to upgrade a media Center Edition to get Windows DVD Player
    Because any type of reinstall on that PC does not get you Windows DVD Player
    Something like that? 8.1 Pro with Media Center got me the Windows DVD Player. Windows 7 Ultimate (that has Media Center built in) didn't?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    02 Aug 2015 #35

    I got it when I upgraded my non-media center windows 7. But I had to do a fresh install - then it was gone.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 5
    Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Center
       02 Aug 2015 #36

    Microsoft said that the few people who still used it relied on it mostly for DVD playback.
    You gotta be kidding me. DVD playback?! The reason to use WMC was for DVR in general and CableCARD in particular, the latter being for which it was the only game in town.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    02 Aug 2015 #37

    I did a fresh install


    Guess that is why I did not have Media Player. I did a fresh install. Still don't know what happened. Maybe the bits that Nero installed -- mainly Direct 3D -- had something to do with it. Mystifying! Still cant get or find DVD Player as of now. Windows update said that I am updated -- no updates -- as of now.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 3,033
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
       02 Aug 2015 #38

    Dmofo said: View Post
    Guess that is why I did not have Media Player. I did a fresh install. Still don't know what happened. Maybe the bits that Nero installed -- mainly Direct 3D -- had something to do with it. Mystifying! Still cant get or find DVD Player as of now. Windows update said that I am updated -- no updates -- as of now.
    Threads about Windows DVD player, Windows Media Player always free and been part of Windows, but your missing that too, plus not getting DVD player ?
    People who had Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Center or Windows 7 Ultimate will then get DVD player to replace Media Center.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  9. Posts : 3,033
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
       02 Aug 2015 #39

    crawfish said: View Post
    You gotta be kidding me. DVD playback?! The reason to use WMC was for DVR in general and CableCARD in particular, the latter being for which it was the only game in town.
    Yeah the reason i used it was i had a TV tuner card, seemed be best around then for it and worked well. Except for the Live TV buffer writing Gigs everyday on my SSD as i had to move the Temp Rec. folder to another drive.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  10. Posts : 3,234
    Win10 Home and Pro, Win10 Insider Preview, Win7 Home, Linux Mint
       02 Aug 2015 #40

    Dmofo said: View Post
    Guess that is why I did not have Media Player. I did a fresh install. Still don't know what happened. Maybe the bits that Nero installed -- mainly Direct 3D -- had something to do with it. Mystifying! Still cant get or find DVD Player as of now. Windows update said that I am updated -- no updates -- as of now.
    Many Windows-based programs rely upon various files in Windows to properly operate. Could be your install invoked something along that line.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Related Threads
How to Enable or Disable Adobe Flash Player in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 Microsoft Edge is a new web browser added in Windows 10, and will be available across the Windows 10 device family. It is fast, compatible, and built for the modern Web. ...
Read more: Twitter rolls out updated app for Windows 10
​I have a lot of music saved into Windows Media Player on Windows 7. I am aware that the new Windows 10 Upgrade will not have Windows Media Player, but that another player will either come within the Upgrade or a new music player is available. So...
Windows 10: Microsoft rolls out KB3019269 update for build 9879 to address bugs and performance issues
Read more: http://www.zdnet.com/windows-threshold-more-on-microsofts-plan-to-win-over-windows-7-users-7000031070/
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:35.
Find Us