Windows 10: Cumulative Update KB4043961 Build 16299.19 for PC Insider

Page 98 of 99 FirstFirst ... 488896979899 LastLast

  1. Posts : 421
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit v1709 build 16299.15
       17 Oct 2017 #971

    ^^^ if you are waiting for WU for the Fall Creators Update (FCU) you may have a long wait. However, The Media Creation Tool (MCT) for the FCU is on MS website if you want it and can do the FCU update using the MCT method.

    Update to Latest Version of Windows 10 using Update Assistant Installation Upgrade Tutorials
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 27,169
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 17604
    Thread Starter
       18 Oct 2017 #972

    Update:

    Windows 10 Insider build 16299 ISO file now available from Microsoft using Option Three below.

    Download Windows 10 ISO File Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	W10_Insider_Preview_ISO.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	70.2 KB 
ID:	158874
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 1,921
    Windows 10 Pro IP Build 16299.192 (Branch: RS3 Release)
       19 Oct 2017 #973

    @Brink

    Thanks for the update. Sucking down everything EN-US regarding this build, including symbols, fod and development kits (if those are there too. I haven't checked that far yet) :-)

    UPDATE: On Advanced page I could only get as far as to Inbox Apps download then I start getting errors. I can't get any of the Development kits either, which I really need. ...will try tomorrow again as I think I got temporary banned for being too efficient and having too fast internet.
    Last edited by slicendice; 19 Oct 2017 at 01:15.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  4.    19 Oct 2017 #974

    Brink said: View Post
    Update:

    Windows 10 Insider build 16299 ISO file now available from Microsoft using Option Three below.

    Download Windows 10 ISO File Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	W10_Insider_Preview_ISO.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	70.2 KB 
ID:	158874
    I said on another thread, above reinstalls 16299.0 not 16299.15 (unless it has been updated again - I will test it later).
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 1,921
    Windows 10 Pro IP Build 16299.192 (Branch: RS3 Release)
       19 Oct 2017 #975

    cereberus said: View Post
    I said on another thread, above reinstalls 16299.0 not 16299.15 (unless it has been updated again - I will test it later).
    OK, thanks for that info!

    But I don't care really, since I get the cumulative updates from MS Catalog. They have released their first KB there already (16299.19).
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  6.    19 Oct 2017 #976

    slicendice said: View Post
    OK, thanks for that info!

    But I don't care really, since I get the cumulative updates from MS Catalog. They have released their first KB there already (16299.19).
    .15 is the build, .19 is the update.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 1,921
    Windows 10 Pro IP Build 16299.192 (Branch: RS3 Release)
       19 Oct 2017 #977

    lx07 said: View Post
    .15 is the build, .19 is the update.
    That's what I expected it to be, but one never can be sure. Haven't verified yet what MS put there. But as I said, it does not matter to me since I re-image the ISO with CU anyways. As long as it's correct build (16299).
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  8.    19 Oct 2017 #978

    slicendice said: View Post
    That's what I expected it to be, but one never can be sure. Haven't verified yet what MS put there. But as I said, it does not matter to me since I re-image the ISO with CU anyways. As long as it's correct build (16299).
    That's the point - there were two build numbered 16299.0 and 16299.15. To go from 16299.0 required a uup upgrade in same way as 10240 went to 10586 etc.

    It is just numerical semantics saying 16299 is the build. Why MS decided not to follow their convention that major build numbers change with a uup build upgrade is simply unexplainable. There was no logic to that decision.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  9. Posts : 3,330
    Wndows 10 x64 Home version 1709
       19 Oct 2017 #979

    cereberus said: View Post
    That's the point - there were two build numbered 16299.0 and 16299.15. To go from 16299.0 required a uup upgrade in same way as 10240 went to 10586 etc.

    It is just numerical semantics saying 16299 is the build. Why MS decided not to follow their convention that major build numbers change with a uup build upgrade is simply unexplainable. There was no logic to that decision.
    cerebrus it just probably means that the difference in the two builds is so small that you won't notice any difference
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  10. Posts : 1,919
    Windows 10 x86 14383 Insider Pro and Core 10240
       20 Oct 2017 #980

    Brink said: View Post
    Update:

    Windows 10 Insider build 16299 ISO file now available from Microsoft using Option Three below.

    Download Windows 10 ISO File Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	W10_Insider_Preview_ISO.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	70.2 KB 
ID:	158874
    The thing about MS releasing ISOs on Insider Preview that are perhaps just one minor revision release before the RTM is that the machine the IP 16299 is installed on will more or less immediately call home to be upgraded to RTM 16299.15, offering yet another real-life test of the update methodology.

    As far as I can see, Insiders on TF, at least, run an eclectic range of hardware from minimal spec old bangers (like me) to State of the Art custom-built performance monsters and experimental configurations.

    Not only that, if one machine displays odd behaviour, inquisitive IP'ers will replicate the phenomenon and compare on other hardware, and offer detailed feedback. This offer a cluster of telemetric data to focus on problem areas in one of the main tenets of Windows evolution - the delivery mechanism.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


 
Page 98 of 99 FirstFirst ... 488896979899 LastLast

Related Threads
Hi! I got my Tobii Eye Tracking 4C device some days ago and wanted to try Windows 10 beta feature. I installed insider release and hoped that I will have that feature in Ease of Access Other section, but it did not show to me. Tobii is...
UPDATE 10/4: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Fast+Slow Build 16299.15 for PC Insider - Windows 10 Forums UPDATE 10/2: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Fast Build 16299.15 for PC Insider - Windows 10 Forums 913556690376773632...
Source: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3197356 Windows Update - Check for and Install in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums
New Cumulative Update for Insider Build 14342 in Windows Updates and Activation
Just received a cumulative update for 14342. 8051680517
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:02.
Find Us