Page 94 of 99 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596 ... LastLast
  1.    4 Weeks Ago #931
    Join Date : Aug 2016
    S/E England
    Posts : 4,490
    10 Home x64 (1709) (10 Pro on 2nd pc)

    Quote Originally Posted by Bi PolarBear View Post
    this happened to me tried everything the only way I got rid of it was to reformat drive and install everything again
    This was on my test machine, I'm waiting for the launch before making media to upgrade my main PC.
    I just restored a system image, that's what a test machine is for.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  2.    4 Weeks Ago #932
    Join Date : Jun 2015
    Posts : 78
    Win10

    KB4043961 installed successfully a few days ago, winver showing that i'm on build 16299.19

    Today he's trying to install the KB4043961 again but it fails to do so.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1111.png 
Views:	6 
Size:	14.1 KB 
ID:	158365
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    4 Weeks Ago #933
    Join Date : Apr 2017
    Mountains of Western NC
    Posts : 295
    Win 10 Pro x64 17040 Skippy

    Just came in onto my old Dell today. This was a Fast Ring machine I had changed over to just get Fixes, Apps and Drivers in order to get Release Previews. Downloading now.

    2017-10 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1709 for x86-based Systems (KB4043961)
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  4.    4 Weeks Ago #934
    Join Date : Apr 2017
    Mountains of Western NC
    Posts : 295
    Win 10 Pro x64 17040 Skippy

    Quote Originally Posted by Fisher Mann View Post
    Just came in onto my old Dell today. This was a Fast Ring machine I had changed over to just get Fixes, Apps and Drivers in order to get Release Previews. Downloading now.

    2017-10 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1709 for x86-based Systems (KB4043961)

    Installed 299.19. Took just under 15 minutes.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WINVER.JPG 
Views:	103 
Size:	46.3 KB 
ID:	158374
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  5.    4 Weeks Ago #935
    Join Date : Sep 2014
    Posts : 827
    Windows 10 Pro

    countdown time to official realease of FCU

    Countdown Timer - Countdown to Oct 17, 2017 in Redmond, Washington
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    4 Weeks Ago #936
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    Newport, South Wales, UK
    Posts : 1,808
    Windows 10 Pro x64 FCU - XP/Vista/Win7/Win8.1 in VM for testing

    Quote Originally Posted by Barman58 View Post
    Ah I see what you mean, the original Release Preview that I received was 16299.15 but immediately after reboot pushed an update to 16299.19, ( I have a habit of continually checking for updates after any major update until it stops finding any as I have seen this a few times in the past)

    So it looks like the FOD was in an update ( either KB 4043961 or KB 4041994) the second is the one immediately after the full 1709 update but did not check the presence of FOD before the both had landed
    @cereberus - Just a quick update, All the info I've been able to read on these two updates is stating that Neither of them contain anything but bug fixes, no new features, which is strange as FOD is what I would consider a new feature. Only thing that would make sense given your experience with 16299.15 & 16299.19 was that Files On Demand was included in 16299.15 but contained a bug that was fixed in one of the KB's

    Clear as Mud, thanks Microsoft
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    4 Weeks Ago #937
    Join Date : Mar 2015
    New Mexico
    Posts : 1,327
    Windows 10 Pro,

    Quote Originally Posted by Dave44 View Post
    I don't think that has anything at all to do with the actual release, it is just a joke.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    4 Weeks Ago #938
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Arnold, MD
    Posts : 28,967
    Triple boot - Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Pro Insider (2) - (and a sprinkling of VMs)

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
    I don't think that has anything at all to do with the actual release, it is just a joke.
    Cliff posted the same thing about 5:45 (ET) this morning. Windows 10 Fall Creators Update coming October 17th 2017 - Page 16 - Windows 10 Forums
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  9.    4 Weeks Ago #939
    Join Date : Dec 2015
    Posts : 5,900
    Windows10

    Quote Originally Posted by Barman58 View Post
    @cereberus - Just a quick update, All the info I've been able to read on these two updates is stating that Neither of them contain anything but bug fixes, no new features, which is strange as FOD is what I would consider a new feature. Only thing that would make sense given your experience with 16299.15 & 16299.19 was that Files On Demand was included in 16299.15 but contained a bug that was fixed in one of the KB's

    Clear as Mud, thanks Microsoft
    FOD has been on Insiders for quite a while. It could have been a bug, or deliberate - we will never know.

    BTW - if you clean install 16299.15, it installs an older version, and you have to mess around to get latest version.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    4 Weeks Ago #940
    Join Date : Oct 2017
    Posts : 9
    Windows 10

    Quote Originally Posted by f14tomcat View Post
    Cliff posted the same thing about 5:45 (ET) this morning. Windows 10 Fall Creators Update coming October 17th 2017 - Page 16 - Windows 10 Forums
    think its more like 18hrs 10am Washington time, 24 if its pacific time
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 94 of 99 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Solved No Eye Tracking feature in insider release build nr 16299?
Hi! I got my Tobii Eye Tracking 4C device some days ago and wanted to try Windows 10 beta feature. I installed insider release and hoped that I will have that feature in Ease of Access Other section, but it did not show to me. Tobii is...
Windows Insider
Insider Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Slow Build 16299 for PC
UPDATE 10/4: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Fast+Slow Build 16299.15 for PC Insider - Windows 10 Forums UPDATE 10/2: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Fast Build 16299.15 for PC Insider - Windows 10 Forums 913556690376773632...
Windows 10 News
Cumulative Update KB3197356 for Windows 10 PC build 14393.223
Source: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3197356 Windows Update - Check for and Install in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums
Windows 10 News
New Cumulative Update for Insider Build 14342
Just received a cumulative update for 14342. 8051680517
Windows Updates and Activation
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:49.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums