Cumulative Update KB4043961 Build 16299.19 for PC Insider

Page 86 of 99 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896 ... LastLast
  1. lx07's Avatar
    Posts : 5,479
    2004
       #850

    DooGie said:
    It's been a confusing evening for me mainly caused by Microsofts' c*ckup.
    Possibly but for a week and 75 pages this thread was about 16299.15 Now it has a new name and comments on KB4043961 from a week before it was released. Anything I said on that subject (in the past of future) is invalid certainly.

    Perhaps we should have a new thread about 16299.15. Specifically to cover does this KB4043961 upgrade apply to people who opted out of insider program at 16299.15 (or clean installed 16299.15) or not.
      My Computer

  2. Brink's Avatar
    Posts : 56,333
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro for Workstations build 21359
    Thread Starter
       #851

    lx07 said:
    Possibly but for a week and 75 pages this thread was about 16299.15 Now it has a new name and comments on KB4043961 from a week before it was released. Anything I said on that subject (in the past of future) is invalid certainly.

    Perhaps we should have a new thread about 16299.15. Specifically to cover does this KB4043961 upgrade apply to people who opted out of insider program at 16299.15 (or clean installed 16299.15) or not.
    @lx07, :)

    Normally, I would create a new thread for a new build.

    Since this was only a minor update to the original article on the first page instead, I just updated it instead of creating a new thread.
      My Computers

  3. Dave44's Avatar
    Posts : 1,147
    Windows 10 Pro
       #852

    lx07 said:
    Possibly but for a week and 75 pages this thread was about 16299.15 Now it has a new name and comments on KB4043961 from a week before it was released. Anything I said on that subject (in the past of future) is invalid certainly.

    Perhaps we should have a new thread about 16299.15. Specifically to cover does this KB4043961 upgrade apply to people who opted out of insider program at 16299.15 (or clean installed 16299.15) or not.
    only insiders are getting it at moment you can get cab file and install that way if you opted out or clean installed
      My Computer

  4. DooGie's Avatar
    Posts : 9,320
    Wndows 10 Pro x64 dev channel
       #853

    lx07 said:
    Possibly but for a week and 75 pages this thread was about 16299.15 Now it has a new name and comments on KB4043961 from a week before it was released. Anything I said on that subject (in the past of future) is invalid certainly.

    Perhaps we should have a new thread about 16299.15. Specifically to cover does this KB4043961 upgrade apply to people who opted out of insider program at 16299.15 (or clean installed 16299.15) or not.

    The only thing I was confused about was downloding and installing version 16299.19 when Microsoft were saying the version was 16299.20. The final of Windows CU is less than a week away, I didn't expect them to be still making errors.
    Very shoddy work by Microsoft IMHO.
      My Computer

  5. lx07's Avatar
    Posts : 5,479
    2004
       #854

    Brink said:
    @lx07, :)

    Normally, I would create a new thread for a new build.

    Since this was only a minor update to the original article on the first page instead, I just updated it instead of creating a new thread.
    That is fine - it is just I'm not clear from the quotes on the first page if this upgrade is for insiders on 16299.15 or anyone on 16299.15. As you know you could opt out of insider program (or even clean install without joining).

    Perhaps I should sleep on it an it will become clearer.
      My Computer

  6. Brink's Avatar
    Posts : 56,333
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro for Workstations build 21359
    Thread Starter
       #855

    lx07 said:
    That is fine - it is just I'm not clear from the quotes on the first page if this upgrade is for insiders on 16299.15 or anyone on 16299.15. As you know you could opt out of insider program (or even clean install without joining).

    Perhaps I should sleep on it an it will become clearer.
    Insiders only. :)
      My Computers

  7. cereberus's Avatar
    Posts : 12,013
    Windows10
       #856

    lx07 said:
    That is fine - it is just I'm not clear from the quotes on the first page if this upgrade is for insiders on 16299.15 or anyone on 16299.15. As you know you could opt out of insider program (or even clean install without joining).

    Perhaps I should sleep on it an it will become clearer.
    You can only get the cumulative update if on release preview ring or slow ring. I had to rejoin Insiders to get it. Of course, if you join Fast Ring,
    you will get 17017.
      My Computer

  8. lx07's Avatar
    Posts : 5,479
    2004
       #857

    Brink said:
    Insiders only. :)
    Excellent. I'll not worry about it then as I left the program.

    Sorry - was getting in a muddle there for a moment.
      My Computer

  9. martyfelker's Avatar
    Posts : 2,436
    Windows Insider Fast Ring LatestKUuuntu 20.10
       #858

    cereberus said:
    You can only get the cumulative update if on release preview ring or slow ring. I had to rejoin Insiders to get it. Of course, if you join Fast Ring,
    you will get 17017.
    170017 is still in limbo for most insiders. This was a very sloppy pre launch.
      My Computers


  10. Posts : 137
    10 Pro 16299.248 64 Bit
       #859

    has anyone posted the cab file for this update?
      My Computer


 
Page 86 of 99 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896 ... LastLast

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:52.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums