Windows 10: Cumulative Update KB4043961 Build 16299.19 for PC Insider

Page 75 of 99 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 1,452
    Windows 10 Pro (32-bit) 16299.15
       12 Oct 2017 #740

    cereberus said: View Post
    As Frank Bruno would say, I am not HP.

    I have a Linx 8 tablet and was looking forward to using Files On Demand, so I installed 16299.15 (backing up 15063 with good old Macrium Reflect).

    To my horror, I found the touch screen does not work unless the power supply is plugged in. I reinstalled drivers etc, and made no difference. At first I thought the touch screen had failed, till I discovered it worked with power supply plugged in.
    Did it install the same drivers as before? If so perhaps installing the old drivers as per Kari's tutorial (coincidentally just a little further up the thread) might help?
    I have a tablet which isn't a Linx but it wouldn't surprise me if the issues are the same.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 65
    Windows 10 Anniversary update RTM
       12 Oct 2017 #741

    cereberus said: View Post
    There is no way installing Windows 10S can affect the bios. Something else is wrong.

    What you could try is putting the hard drive in another pc, instead of its hard drive, installing correct windows 10 on that, and start it up, and at first screen when it asks for keyboard entry, press Ctrl+Shift+F3 which jumps you to audit mode, and a sysprep box should popup. Select oobe, and generalise, and shutdown and it will remove hardware drivers, then shutdown.

    Then put drive back in other pc, and it will restart as if fresh from factory.
    yea thats what i figured thats what im in the process of doing

    another question when u upgrade to fcu will the fcu esd file be in the $win folder?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    12 Oct 2017 #742

    DavidY said: View Post
    Did it install the same drivers as before? If so perhaps installing the old drivers as per Kari's tutorial (coincidentally just a little further up the thread) might help?
    I have a tablet which isn't a Linx but it wouldn't surprise me if the issues are the same.
    I reinstalled drivers from before as Windows 10 does not have them. I am sure it is driver related, but it is odd presence of power affects touch.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 3,349
    Windows 10 Pro x64 v1803 Build 17134.228 (Branch: RS4 Release Preview)
       12 Oct 2017 #743

    squaleca said: View Post
    yea thats what i figured thats what im in the process of doing

    another question when u upgrade to fcu will the fcu esd file be in the $win folder?
    What upgrade method are you referring to? And what $win folder are you referring to? And what are you trying to do with the ESD?

    Maybe you should just wait until the official release of Fall Creators Update and the updated Media Creation Tool? Then you can download/create the official ISO or write a Setup USB thumb drive, using Microsoft own tool.

    Playing with pure ESD-files and 3rd-party tools/scripts require quite a lot of technical skills and a decent understanding of how Windows Imaging works.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 69
    Windows 10 Pro, Ubuntu 16.04 LTS
       12 Oct 2017 #744

    f14tomcat said: View Post
    Maybe you could use this to un-nuts yourself! :)
    Enable or Disable OneDrive Integration Apps Features Tutorials
    @f14tomcat and @Rocky
    you are right this issue isn't there on my self installed 16299.15 vm, just on the host installation done by Lenovo.

    Will check the link if it will help me. Basically the folders in the My Computers navigation point to some onedrive folder rather than to the actual My Documents, My Downloads etc.

    Thanks for un-nutting me! :)
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 35,397
    Triple boot - Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Pro Insider (2) - (and a sprinkling of VMs)
       12 Oct 2017 #745

    GalaxyGe said: View Post
    @f14tomcat and @Rocky
    you are right this issue isn't there on my self installed 16299.15 vm, just on the host installation done by Lenovo.

    Will check the link if it will help me. Basically the folders in the My Computers navigation point to some onedrive folder rather than to the actual My Documents, My Downloads etc.

    Thanks for un-nutting me! :)
    You're welcome. Let us know if that works. :)
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  7.    12 Oct 2017 #746

    Anyway to stop ctfmon.exe from running on startup using resources? If I disable handwriting input in services it does not load up but I can't type anything into windows apps my keyboard stops working.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 1,452
    Windows 10 Pro (32-bit) 16299.15
       12 Oct 2017 #747

    cereberus said: View Post
    I reinstalled drivers from before as Windows 10 does not have them. I am sure it is driver related, but it is odd presence of power affects touch.
    I know that some drivers have a setting in Device Manager, under Power Management, along the lines of 'Allow Windows to turn off this device to save power'. I have to disable this for the WiFi driver on my old laptop or I can never recover from a hibernate or Fast Startup.
    Could that Power Management setting be there and switched on for the Touchscreen driver? (Although it would be an odd one to behave like that.) And if so, what happens if that setting is turned off?

    My other suggestion (although I realise it's a bit late now you've rolled back) would be to log feedback in the Feedback Hub while it was showing the problem. The Microsoft folk seem very keen on having stuff like that logged in Feedback and they do claim to look through the logs.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  9. Posts : 8,151
    10 Home x64 (1803) (10 Pro on 2nd pc)
       12 Oct 2017 #748

    DavidY said: View Post
    I know that some drivers have a setting in Device Manager, under Power Management, along the lines of 'Allow Windows to turn off this device to save power'. I have to disable this for the WiFi driver on my old laptop or I can never recover from a hibernate or Fast Startup.
    That's odd. I had to turn it ON after the Creators Update to get the WiFi to reconnect after hibernation. Seems a counter-intuitive solution, I can only assume that it reminds Windows that my particular WiFi adapter may need a kick to wake it.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  10. Posts : 3,349
    Windows 10 Pro x64 v1803 Build 17134.228 (Branch: RS4 Release Preview)
       13 Oct 2017 #749

    DavidY said: View Post
    I know that some drivers have a setting in Device Manager, under Power Management, along the lines of 'Allow Windows to turn off this device to save power'. I have to disable this for the WiFi driver on my old laptop or I can never recover from a hibernate or Fast Startup.
    Could that Power Management setting be there and switched on for the Touchscreen driver? (Although it would be an odd one to behave like that.) And if so, what happens if that setting is turned off?

    My other suggestion (although I realise it's a bit late now you've rolled back) would be to log feedback in the Feedback Hub while it was showing the problem. The Microsoft folk seem very keen on having stuff like that logged in Feedback and they do claim to look through the logs.
    I know for a fact that some touch devices refuse to work properly. This has been the case since Windows 8.0. If the touch device use USB protocol, it is near impossible to make this work reliably. In Windows 7 this issue does not exist.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


 
Page 75 of 99 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785 ... LastLast

Related Threads
Hi! I got my Tobii Eye Tracking 4C device some days ago and wanted to try Windows 10 beta feature. I installed insider release and hoped that I will have that feature in Ease of Access Other section, but it did not show to me. Tobii is...
UPDATE 10/4: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Fast+Slow Build 16299.15 for PC Insider - Windows 10 Forums UPDATE 10/2: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Fast Build 16299.15 for PC Insider - Windows 10 Forums 913556690376773632...
Source: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3197356 Windows Update - Check for and Install in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums
New Cumulative Update for Insider Build 14342 in Windows Updates and Activation
Just received a cumulative update for 14342. 8051680517
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:51.
Find Us