Cumulative Update KB4043961 Build 16299.19 for PC Insider

Page 73 of 99 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583 ... LastLast
  1. cereberus's Avatar
    Posts : 12,010
    Windows10
       #720

    squaleca said:
    i can get to bios but changing the boot order to dvd or usb. still wont boot
    windows 10 s is the biggest piece of garbage ever no command prompt no nothing
    i wonder if booting to a pe via recovery command prompt and formatting then running setup would work i just cant do it till tomorrow cause i need at least internet to do some banking
    There is no way installing Windows 10S can affect the bios. Something else is wrong.

    What you could try is putting the hard drive in another pc, instead of its hard drive, installing correct windows 10 on that, and start it up, and at first screen when it asks for keyboard entry, press Ctrl+Shift+F3 which jumps you to audit mode, and a sysprep box should popup. Select oobe, and generalise, and shutdown and it will remove hardware drivers, then shutdown.

    Then put drive back in other pc, and it will restart as if fresh from factory.
      My Computer

  2. Rocky's Avatar
    Posts : 1,752
    Windows 10 Pro,
       #721

    cereberus said:
    There is no way installing Windows 10S can affect the bios. Something else is wrong.

    What you could try is putting the hard drive in another pc, instead of its hard drive, installing correct windows 10 on that, and start it up, and at first screen when it asks for keyboard entry, press Ctrl+Shift+F3 which jumps you to audit mode, and a sysprep box should popup. Select oobe, and generalise, and shutdown and it will remove hardware drivers, then shutdown.

    Then put drive back in other pc, and it will restart as if fresh from factory.

    This is absolutely correct. BIOS and UEFI issues are one of my things, and cerebus is 100% correct in everything that he said.
      My Computer

  3. Winuser's Avatar
    Posts : 6,983
    Windows 10 Pro Insider
       #722

    squaleca said:
    i can get to bios but changing the boot order to dvd or usb. still wont boot
    windows 10 s is the biggest piece of garbage ever no command prompt no nothing
    i wonder if booting to a pe via recovery command prompt and formatting then running setup would work i just cant do it till tomorrow cause i need at least internet to do some banking
    Are you sure the media your trying to use is bootable? Can you try booting with the media in another computer?
      My Computers

  4. f14tomcat's Avatar
    Posts : 53,020
    Multi-boot Windows 10 - RTM, RP, Beta, and Insider
       #723

    Winuser said:
    Are you sure the media your trying to use is bootable? Can you try booting with the media in another computer?
    Maybe open up that media with Explorer, and post a pic of the file contents.

    Example:

    Cumulative Update KB4043961 Build 16299.19 for PC-2017-10-12_07h26_26.png
      My Computers

  5. lopedoggie's Avatar
    Posts : 467
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit v1803 build 17133.73
       #724

    boot time and program load times are lightning fast compared to previous OSs. IMO.
      My Computer

  6. reddice's Avatar
    Posts : 615
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       #725

    cereberus said:
    There is no way installing Windows 10S can affect the bios. Something else is wrong.

    What you could try is putting the hard drive in another pc, instead of its hard drive, installing correct windows 10 on that, and start it up, and at first screen when it asks for keyboard entry, press Ctrl+Shift+F3 which jumps you to audit mode, and a sysprep box should popup. Select oobe, and generalise, and shutdown and it will remove hardware drivers, then shutdown.

    Then put drive back in other pc, and it will restart as if fresh from factory.
    Your wrong. I installed the wrong driver some driver update program pushed and the computer would not boot past the post screen. A system restore fixed it but since you installed the wrong version of Windows that won't help. But yes a bad driver or botched install can cause that.
      My Computer

  7. cereberus's Avatar
    Posts : 12,010
    Windows10
       #726

    reddice said:
    Your wrong. I installed the wrong driver some driver update program pushed and the computer would not boot past the post screen. A system restore fixed it but since you installed the wrong version of Windows that won't help. But yes a bad driver or botched install can cause that.
    A botched install cannot stop booting from an dvd or flash drive assuming the boot media is bootable. The bios itself cannot be affected.

    OPs issue is not related to his installation of win10S. Since he managed to install that, it is reasonable to assume OP knows how to create bootable media and can check that.
      My Computer

  8. slicendice's Avatar
    Posts : 4,644
    Windows 10 Pro x64 20H2 Build 19042.906 (Branch: Release Preview)
       #727

    reddice said:
    Your wrong. I installed the wrong driver some driver update program pushed and the computer would not boot past the post screen. A system restore fixed it but since you installed the wrong version of Windows that won't help. But yes a bad driver or botched install can cause that.
    That has nothing to do with BIOS being modified my Windows!
      My Computers


  9. Posts : 5,834
    Dual boot Windows 10 FCU Pro x 64 & current Insider 10 Pro
       #728

    squaleca said:
    I downloaded an ISO of what i thought was 16299.15 well sure enough it was but it was windows 10 S
    my laptop cant boot to usb or DVD now I am screwed i tried recovery rebooting to a cmd prompt and then running setup by i get the incompatible msg b/c u cant run exe within windows 10 S.

    the only way to around this is to upgrade windows 10 pro but i don't have a genuine 10 pro key
    anyone know away around this??
    Is Secure Boot off?
      My Computers


  10. Posts : 1,520
    Windows 10 Pro (32-bit) 16299.15
       #729

    squaleca said:
    i can get to bios but changing the boot order to dvd or usb. still wont boot
    windows 10 s is the biggest piece of garbage ever no command prompt no nothing
    i wonder if booting to a pe via recovery command prompt and formatting then running setup would work i just cant do it till tomorrow cause i need at least internet to do some banking
    I'd try turning off Fast Startup, or use the Shift key when clicking Shut Down.
    Fast Startup can block booting from other sources, because the the BIOS thinks the system is a Hibernated session (which it is, in a sense).
      My Computer


 
Page 73 of 99 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583 ... LastLast

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:16.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums