Cumulative Update KB4043961 Build 16299.19 for PC Insider

Page 60 of 99 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast
  1. cereberus's Avatar
    Posts : 12,113
    Windows10
       #590

    Josey Wales said:
    Hibernation uses a ton of your memory to work.
    Typically 5GB say on a 1TB drive = 0.5%.

    Hardly a tonne.
      My Computer

  2. LEOPEVA64's Avatar
    Posts : 2,058
    WINDOWS 10 Pro x64 build 19042.685
       #591

    warkratos said:
    this "merge" can happen tomorrow
    mehedi hassan on twitter:
    no:
    Cumulative Update KB4043961 Build 16299.19 for PC-lllll.jpg
      My Computer

  3. Edwin's Avatar
    Posts : 17,725
    Windows 10
       #592

    Josey Wales said:
    Hibernation uses a ton of your memory to work.
    My machine is either on or off, none of this in between stuff.
    (with the exception of turning off displays, if I'm away from the PC for an extended period of time)

    Cumulative Update KB4043961 Build 16299.19 for PC-000023.png
      My Computer

  4. cereberus's Avatar
    Posts : 12,113
    Windows10
       #593

    LEOPEVA64 said:
    no.
    Cumulative Update KB4043961 Build 16299.19 for PC-lllll.jpg
    It ain't gonna happen.
      My Computer

  5. Josey Wales's Avatar
    Posts : 25,048
    Win 10 Pro 19043.1055
       #594

    cereberus said:
    Typically 5GB say on a 1TB drive = 0.5%.

    Hardly a tonne.
    I have a 238Gb SSD with 24 Gb of memory so it would take a chunk:)
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 1,735
    Windows 10 Home
       #595

    cereberus said:
    Typically 5GB say on a 1TB drive = 0.5%. Hardly a tonne.
    It IS a lot, since it's written to RAM first, not HDD. For a 4-8gb RAM, 20-40% is a lot while trying to run everything else. From my screenshot in post 581, it was 2.2gb on a 6gb RAM.

    From Brinks' tutorial on Hiberfile type - Specify Hiberfile Type as Full or Reduced in Windows 10

    Hiberfile type:

    Full = Supports being able to enable hibernate and turn on fast startup (hiberboot). The hiberfile (C:\hiberfil.sys) will be 40% of physical RAM installed on your computer. Hibernate is available to be added to the power menu.

    Reduced = Only supports being able to turn on fast startup (hiberboot) without hibernate. The hiberfile (C:\hiberfil.sys) will be 20% of physical RAM installed on your computer. Removes hibernate from the power menu.
      My Computer

  7. cereberus's Avatar
    Posts : 12,113
    Windows10
       #596

    Josey Wales said:
    I have a 238Gb SSD with 24 Gb of memory so it would take a chunk:)
    10% is not what I would call a tonne.
      My Computer

  8. cereberus's Avatar
    Posts : 12,113
    Windows10
       #597

    mrgeek said:
    It IS a lot, since it's written to RAM first, not HDD. For a 4-8gb RAM, 20-40% is a lot while trying to run everything else. From my screenshot in post 581, it was 2.2gb on a 6gb RAM.

    From Brinks' tutorial on Hiberfile type - Specify Hiberfile Type as Full or Reduced in Windows 10

    Hiberfile type:

    Full = Supports being able to enable hibernate and turn on fast startup (hiberboot). The hiberfile (C:\hiberfil.sys) will be 40% of physical RAM installed on your computer. Hibernate is available to be added to the power menu.

    Reduced = Only supports being able to turn on fast startup (hiberboot) without hibernate. The hiberfile (C:\hiberfil.sys) will be 20% of physical RAM installed on your computer. Removes hibernate from the power menu.
    Silly argument - it is not all in RAM at same time!
      My Computer

  9. Josey Wales's Avatar
    Posts : 25,048
    Win 10 Pro 19043.1055
       #598

    cereberus said:
    10% is not what I would call a tonne.
    I was told It uses 75% of the amount of ram. When I first installed 16299 my C drive went from 29gb to 45 gb
      My Computer

  10. Brink's Avatar
    Posts : 57,669
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro for Workstations build 21390
    Thread Starter
       #599
    Last edited by Brink; 09 Oct 2017 at 19:28.
      My Computers


 
Page 60 of 99 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:44.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums