Cumulative Update KB4043961 Build 16299.19 for PC Insider

Page 53 of 99 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast
  1. Josey Wales's Avatar
    Posts : 24,888
    Win 10 Pro 19043.985
       #520

    DooGie said:
    And your system specs are higher than mine Josey apart from the CPU speed and this build runs fine for me.
    The only issue is That it will not come out of sleep without a restart. When it is running everything works.
      My Computer

  2. cereberus's Avatar
    Posts : 12,040
    Windows10
       #521

    Josey Wales said:
    The only issue is That it will not come out of sleep without a restart. When it is running everything works.
    I got that issue a couple of builds back, and nothing I tried sorted it. In the end, I bit the bullet, backed everything up (MRF), and did a clean install (first time in years) and it sorted the issue, plus another annoying issue where wifi would only automatically start after a proper shutdown and restart.
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 5,834
    Dual boot Windows 10 FCU Pro x 64 & current Insider 10 Pro
       #522

    The old Acer T690 experiment didn't turn out as good as hoped. It's really pushing it with 10 at maxed 2GBs of mem. Although usable, it's a slow go. Here's my stats after letting it run and using it for 4 days so to work itself out. Had a few GSODs early on too. Vista, 7, and 8/8.1 ran pretty good on it. 8.1 used an average of approximately 35% mem.

    Preliminary/New - Minutes:Seconds.

    3:15/1:00 post to desktop
    4:15/2:40 Fill out systray boot-up programs
    0:445/0:20 for Task Manager to open and fill out
    7:30/4:20 Disk/CPU thrashing stops to reach idle
    70%/55% mem at idle

    CU on the other partition runs a little better only using roughly 50% mem. I guess it's ok for testing Insider builds, but at snail's pace. LOL.
      My Computers

  4. Josey Wales's Avatar
    Posts : 24,888
    Win 10 Pro 19043.985
       #523

    cereberus said:
    I got that issue a couple of builds back, and nothing I tried sorted it. In the end, I bit the bullet, backed everything up (MRF), and did a clean install (first time in years) and it sorted the issue, plus another annoying issue where wifi would only automatically start after a proper shutdown and restart.
    I did that once and it changed nothing. Thanks though Martin.:)
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 17
    Windows 10
       #524

    HippsieGypsie said:
    The old Acer T690 experiment didn't turn out as good as hoped.
    Pentium D? 2 GBs of RAM? Yuck. That's a really low end machine by today's standards.
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 5,834
    Dual boot Windows 10 FCU Pro x 64 & current Insider 10 Pro
       #525

    trparky said:
    Pentium D? 2 GBs of RAM? Yuck. That's a really low end machine by today's standards.
    Yes. Pentium D duo @3GHz. Mem is the weakest point of course. Like I said, it's stretching it with 10. Too much going on at boot with sync, telemetry, and all. After the 4 minutes of thrashing it's ok, but slow.

    Just looked. Purchased in May of 07. Old man by today's standards. Somewhat follows dogs' age.
      My Computers


  7. Posts : 5,834
    Dual boot Windows 10 FCU Pro x 64 & current Insider 10 Pro
       #526

    The next project when the snow starts to fly is to get my Gateway 2000 P5-? out of mothballs. Been wanting to do that for quite awhile. I bought the Acer when the HD failed in it. Still have the monitor and keyboard too. It had 98SE and O97 installed. I'll have to pull the HD out of it and test in another machine. If it's trashed I'll either have to get either a set of floppies for it or burn an ISO to load 98SE on it again.


    Attachment 157163
      My Computers

  8. cereberus's Avatar
    Posts : 12,040
    Windows10
       #527

    HippsieGypsie said:
    The next project when the snow starts to fly is to get my Gateway 2000 P5-? out of mothballs. Been wanting to do that for quite awhile. I bought the Acer when the HD failed in it. Still have the monitor and keyboard too. It had 98SE and O97 installed. I'll have to pull the HD out of it and test in another machine. If it's trashed I'll either have to get either a set of floppies for it or burn an ISO to load 98SE on it again.


    Attachment 157163
    Even finding a hard drive may take some effort as it will not be SATA.
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 1,521
    Windows 10 Pro (32-bit) 16299.15
       #528

    HippsieGypsie said:
    The old Acer T690 experiment didn't turn out as good as hoped. It's really pushing it with 10 at maxed 2GBs of mem.
    Had a few GSODs early on too.
    My old Acer laptop is also around 10 years old and started giving GSOD/BSODs with the FCU Insider Builds. It would do it at 75% during the version upgrade, but then would seem to work. However later on it would crash on shutdown/ hibernate.
    It turned out that the Windows installer was grabbing a slightly older driver on the fax modem than the one I had, and using the newer* driver has hopefully fixed it.

    * new is relative - they were probably both 10 years old but the one which was a few weeks newer seemed to make the difference.
      My Computer

  10. Josey Wales's Avatar
    Posts : 24,888
    Win 10 Pro 19043.985
       #529

    DavidY said:
    My old Acer laptop is also around 10 years old and started giving GSOD/BSODs with the FCU Insider Builds. It would do it at 75% during the version upgrade, but then would seem to work. However later on it would crash on shutdown/ hibernate.
    It turned out that the Windows installer was grabbing a slightly older driver on the fax modem than the one I had, and using the newer* driver has hopefully fixed it.

    * new is relative - they were probably both 10 years old but the one which was a few weeks newer seemed to make the difference.
    That is where my last attempt failed at the 75% mark but I do not have a Fax Modem or Driver.
      My Computer


 
Page 53 of 99 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:07.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums