Cumulative Update KB4043961 Build 16299.19 for PC Insider

Page 45 of 99 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595 ... LastLast
  1. cereberus's Avatar
    Posts : 12,010
    Windows10
       #440

    trparky said:
    How about this? I tweeted Dona this...
    Because you know, we don't use those terms like RTM anymore. heheh

    I have two of my notebooks updated to this version but they're not "mission critical" in the sense that if I have to reload them I don't care. As for my desktop, that's mission critical since I depend upon it every day. Would you say that it's safe to load 16299.15 on it?
    Do you seriously think "She who must be obeyed" will pay any attention?

    She probably has it set up that most tweets get deleted or go to a junk box or something like that.
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 17
    Windows 10
       #441

    I mean I wouldn't mind having to reload my desktop but it's just a royal pain in the... well, you know. There's a lot of software installed on it that takes me days to reinstall.

    I mean I could throw caution to the wind and do the Windows 10 16299.15 update on this desktop of mine since my two notebooks installed the version just fine. One of my notebooks has some pretty ancient hardware in it (Core i7 Q720) (I'm surprised that it took the update as well as it did) whereas my desktop has an Intel Core i5 3570K overclocked to 4.4 GHz.
      My Computer

  3. Ztruker's Avatar
    Posts : 13,505
    Windows 10 Pro X64 20H4 19042.746
       #442

    Kari said:
    Of course you can't use the ESDtoISO script for this. That script is exclusively used to create an ISO from a single edition ESD, build upgrades Microsoft delivered as ESD until December 2016.

    If you are using the script with multi edition ESD, it selects the first available edition (Windows 10 S) and creates ISO for that.
    So how do I create an ISO from this ESD or how do I Clean install it? I want Win 10 Pro.
      My Computers

  4. lx07's Avatar
    Posts : 5,479
    2004
       #443

    Ztruker said:
    So how do I create an ISO from this ESD or how do I Clean install it? I want Win 10 Pro.
    Use this:
    Code:
      File: esd-decrypter-wimlib-31.7z
      SHA1: F82E5EC1C9F917E83E1FE39406A4F73BB8AF6927
    SHA256: 74E2B0F2B8EA71208BD18726E20D2D3C47D4E66C50F59F42CCB646CF56896EFE
    
    https://sendit.cloud/0rsvtorlco2i
    https://racaty.com/fyskif3fb2vy
    https://cloud.mail.ru/public/LdAc/24z2NnV8w
    http://www.mirrorcreator.com/files/0BYSROI6/
    Windows 10 ESDs Repository | My Digital Life Forums

    It is fixed to make ISO from multi-index ESD as 16299 puts cloud first not Pro so the old scripts don't work.

    Alternatively you can delete the indexes you don't want with DISM and use the old version.
      My Computer

  5. Josey Wales's Avatar
    Posts : 24,695
    Win 10 Pro 19043.906
       #444

    cereberus said:
    Do you seriously think "She who must be obeyed" will pay any attention?

    She probably has it set up that most tweets get deleted or go to a junk box or something like that.
    She has answered 2 of my Tweets Jen Tweeted me about something (the one with the hoody)
      My Computer

  6. Ztruker's Avatar
    Posts : 13,505
    Windows 10 Pro X64 20H4 19042.746
       #445

    Rats, I have that. David sent it to me but I didn't think I needed it for some reason. Thanks LX07

    Edit: Oh so much better :) Got the selection menu where I could chose the Win 10 version I wanted (Pro) and the install is progressing now. Yeehaw!!!
      My Computers

  7. cereberus's Avatar
    Posts : 12,010
    Windows10
       #446

    Josey Wales said:
    She has answered 2 of my Tweets Jen Tweeted me about something (the one with the hoody)
    I bet she has paid tweeters.
      My Computer

  8. Wynona's Avatar
    Posts : 27,946
    Windows 10 2404 Build 19042.867
       #447

    trparky said:
    How about this? I tweeted Dona this...
    Because you know, we don't use those terms like RTM anymore. heheh

    I have two of my notebooks updated to this version but they're not "mission critical" in the sense that if I have to reload them I don't care. As for my desktop, that's mission critical since I depend upon it every day. Would you say that it's safe to load 16299.15 on it?
    I'm in agreement with Kado897; regardless of how close Build 16299.15 is to "RTM", it's still a Windows 10 Insider Program beta/preview. Which means, I'm sure you know, Build 16299.15 should not be installed on a "mission critical" desktop.

    I would also add, before the Fall Creators Update is released to the public, you should make a complete backup of your system, just in case something goes bonkers . . . Yeh, yeh, I know you know that, but you'd be surprised at how many folks don't know, or forget about backing up . . .
      My Computer

  9. Dave44's Avatar
    Posts : 1,147
    Windows 10 Pro
       #448

    Ztruker said:
    Rats, I have that. David sent it to me but I didn't think I needed it for some reason. Thanks LX07

    Edit: Oh so much better :) Got the selection menu where I could chose the Win 10 version I wanted (Pro) and the install is progressing now. Yeehaw!!!
    glad you got it sorted now
      My Computer

  10. lx07's Avatar
    Posts : 5,479
    2004
       #449

    Ztruker said:
    Rats, I have that. David sent it to me but I didn't think I needed it for some reason. Thanks LX07

    Edit: Oh so much better :) Got the selection menu where I could chose the Win 10 version I wanted (Pro) and the install is progressing now. Yeehaw!!!
    Good news and no you can't use the one from the ESD to ISO tutorial - it has not been updated.
      My Computer


 
Page 45 of 99 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595 ... LastLast

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:27.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums