Page 39 of 99 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989 ... LastLast
  1.    06 Oct 2017 #381
    Join Date : Jan 2014
    Posts : 1,391
    Windows 10 Pro (32-bit) 16299.15

    Quote Originally Posted by HippsieGypsie View Post
    That didn't work. Is that Autolaunch feature included in Skippy?
    If it's what I think it is, it doesn't work for just any application.
    From: https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexp...d-15235-mobile
    Improved Boot Up Experience

    Use sign-in info to apply settings after a restart or update: The advanced Windows Update feature to use your sign-in info to automatically finish setting your device after an update has been extended to regular reboots and shutdowns. When you log in and initiate a reboot or a shutdown through power options available on the Start Menu and various other locations, Windows will automatically setup your account after it has booted back up.

    This will help you sign-in faster and will restore your accessibility applications and any other application that has registered for application restart.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    06 Oct 2017 #382
    Join Date : Jun 2016
    Posts : 54
    Windows 10 Pro

    installed 16299.15 as my first vm in Hyper-V, all smooth within 15-20 minutes.
    Thanks Dave for the links!
    Cumulative Update KB4043961 Build 16299.19 for PC
    PS: can I get this activated with a Windows 7 key?
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  3.    06 Oct 2017 #383
    Join Date : Nov 2013
    Chicagoland
    Posts : 33,778
    Dual boot Windows 10 FCU Pro x 64 & Insider 10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by DavidY View Post
    If it's what I think it is, it doesn't work for just any application.
    From: https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexp...d-15235-mobile
    Thanks, David. I think that has to do with setting up a device during an update by syncing as per one's MS account, of which has been so since 8/8.1. It has been extended to do that if one changes a setting on one device it will change upon all devices upon startup. Am I reading that correct?

    What Leo is talking about is that an app has to be registered to restart, which below is linked to the Dev Center (registered for application restart) in the article that you linked.

    RegisterApplicationRestart function (Windows)

    LOL! I'll figure it out sooner or later.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  4.    06 Oct 2017 #384
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Posts : 17,566
    Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16281

    Quote Originally Posted by GalaxyGe View Post
    installed 16299.15 as my first vm in Hyper-V, all smooth within 15-20 minutes.
    Thanks Dave for the links!
    Cumulative Update KB4043961 Build 16299.19 for PC
    PS: can I get this activated with a Windows 7 key?
    I think you can, if you haven't used the 7 key to activate anything else, and are no longer using 7 on any other computer or partition.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    06 Oct 2017 #385
    Join Date : Nov 2013
    Chicagoland
    Posts : 33,778
    Dual boot Windows 10 FCU Pro x 64 & Insider 10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by GalaxyGe View Post
    installed 16299.15 as my first vm in Hyper-V, all smooth within 15-20 minutes.
    Thanks Dave for the links!
    Cumulative Update KB4043961 Build 16299.19 for PC
    PS: can I get this activated with a Windows 7 key?
    Yes you can.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  6.    06 Oct 2017 #386
    Join Date : Nov 2015
    Posts : 385
    WINDOWS 10 Pro x64 builds 17040.1000, 16299.64

    Quote Originally Posted by HippsieGypsie View Post
    Thanks, David. I think that has to do with setting up a device during an update by syncing as per one's MS account, of which has been so since 8/8.1. It has been extended to do that if one changes a setting on one device it will change upon all devices upon startup. Am I reading that correct?

    What Leo is talking about is that an app has to be registered to restart, which below is linked to the Dev Center (registered for application restart) in the article that you linked.

    RegisterApplicationRestart function (Windows)

    LOL! I'll figure it out sooner or later.
    No, you do not have to register the app to open automatically when restarting, according to Jason Howard, the "new behavior" since build 16251 is that any application that is open before restarting will re-open automatically.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jason.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	118.0 KB 
ID:	156784
    Last edited by LEOPEVA64; 06 Oct 2017 at 11:10.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    06 Oct 2017 #387
    Join Date : Nov 2013
    Chicagoland
    Posts : 33,778
    Dual boot Windows 10 FCU Pro x 64 & Insider 10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by LEOPEVA64 View Post
    No, you do not have to register the app to open automatically when restarting, according to Jason Howard, any application that is open before restarting will re-open automatically.
    Ok thanks, but this is the second time I've rebooted with apps open that don't reopen upon reboot. I'm on Skippy, though. May not be a feature in Skippy yet? One would think so.

    I've got my Acer booted to CU which I'll reboot to 16.299.15 in a bit to try. I'm letting CU run for a bit so it stabilizes. 5 minutes of thrashing upon reboot shown below is a bit much to take. I let all the systray programs/icons open then it took 45 seconds for Task Manager to finally fill in. This machine was in mothballs for about a year. Unless there is something wrong with it hardware-wise, 10 is the slowest OS I've experienced on it.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Task Manager1.png 
Views:	7 
Size:	103.9 KB 
ID:	156799
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  8.    06 Oct 2017 #388
    Join Date : Nov 2015
    Posts : 385
    WINDOWS 10 Pro x64 builds 17040.1000, 16299.64

    Quote Originally Posted by HippsieGypsie View Post
    Ok thanks, but this is the second time I've rebooted with apps open that don't reopen upon reboot. I'm on Skippy, though. May not be a feature in Skippy yet? One would think so.
    I've got my Acer booted to CU which I'll reboot to 16.299.15 in a bit to try. I'm letting CU run for a bit so it stabilizes. 5 minutes of thrashing upon reboot shown below is a bit much to take. I let all the systray programs/icons open then it took 45 seconds for Task Manager to finally fill in. This machine was in mothballs for about a year. Unless there is something wrong with it hardware-wise, 10 is the slowest OS I've experienced on it.
    Apparently this new "feature" still does not work well with Microsoft apps, sometimes it works sometimes no, which is quite rare, with the only program that works 100% of the time is with Chrome, precisely that's what I hate most, having to close all the open windows of Chrome, I already said this in another comment but I repeat, if you had a video playing and rebooted or shut down the PC, that same video start to playing again when the PC was turned on, even without having entered the password, fortunately, I already solved that problem, try with some windows in Chrome to see if they re-open after reboot, maybe it works with other browsers as well, I'm not sure.

    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Fast Build 16257 PC + 15237 Mobile
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    06 Oct 2017 #389
    Join Date : Jan 2017
    Turku
    Posts : 1,779
    Windows 10 Pro IP Build 16299.19 (Branch: RS3 Release)

    LOL, that feature has a life on it's own. Sometimes it work, sometimes not, sometimes it works even when it should not and for apps that I have never even run. In my opinion, a totally useless feature that only screw up the system.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  10.    06 Oct 2017 #390
    Join Date : Nov 2013
    Chicagoland
    Posts : 33,778
    Dual boot Windows 10 FCU Pro x 64 & Insider 10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by LEOPEVA64 View Post
    Apparently this new "feature" still does not work well with Microsoft apps, sometimes it works sometimes no, which is quite rare, with the only program that works 100% of the time is with Chrome, precisely that's what I hate most, having to close all the open windows of Chrome, I already said this in another comment but I repeat, if you had a video playing and rebooted or shut down the PC, that same video start to playing again when the PC was turned on, even without having entered the password, fortunately, I already solved that problem, try with some windows in Chrome to see if they re-open after reboot, maybe it works with other browsers as well, I'm not sure.

    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Fast Build 16257 PC + 15237 Mobile
    I see. Well, don't that just beat all! LOL!

    I guess we'll just keep pressing on into a better future hopefully.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

 
Page 39 of 99 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Solved No Eye Tracking feature in insider release build nr 16299?
Hi! I got my Tobii Eye Tracking 4C device some days ago and wanted to try Windows 10 beta feature. I installed insider release and hoped that I will have that feature in Ease of Access Other section, but it did not show to me. Tobii is...
Windows Insider
Insider Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Slow Build 16299 for PC
UPDATE 10/4: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Fast+Slow Build 16299.15 for PC Insider - Windows 10 Forums UPDATE 10/2: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Fast Build 16299.15 for PC Insider - Windows 10 Forums 913556690376773632...
Windows 10 News
Cumulative Update KB3197356 for Windows 10 PC build 14393.223
Source: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3197356 Windows Update - Check for and Install in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums
Windows 10 News
New Cumulative Update for Insider Build 14342
Just received a cumulative update for 14342. 8051680517
Windows Updates and Activation
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:00.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums