Cumulative Update KB4043961 Build 16299.19 for PC Insider

Page 14 of 99 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast
  1. M4v3r1ck's Avatar
    Posts : 632
    Win 10 Pro x64 1607 (Build 14393.953)
       #130

    Easy Deasy!

    Cumulative Update KB4043961 Build 16299.19 for PC-screencap-2017-10-03-20.37.01.png
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 512
    Windows 10
       #131

    Just because Microsoft doesn't like the term RTM it doesn't mean the term no longer exists in the software industry and it still gets thrown around unofficially. Microsoft also doesn't like the term "Windows 10" they just want it to be called "Windows"

    Software release life cycle - Wikipedia
      My Computer

  3. f14tomcat's Avatar
    Posts : 53,621
    Multi-boot Windows 10 - RTM, RP, Beta, and Insider
       #132

    OilerNut said:
    Just because Microsoft doesn't like the term RTM it doesn't mean the term no longer exists in the software industry and it still gets thrown around unofficially. Microsoft also doesn't like the term "Windows 10" they just want it to be called "Windows"

    Software release life cycle - Wikipedia
    Gertrude Stein
      My Computers


  4. Posts : 1,521
    Windows 10 Pro (32-bit) 16299.15
       #133

    Looks like 16296 ISOs have been released:

    Download Windows 10 ISO File Installation Upgrade Tutorials

    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...iderpreviewiso

    Not sure what this means, but my hunch is that if 16299.15 was definitely the version to be released, there'd be ISOs too. The fact that 16296 ISOs have just been released says to me that they aren't 100% sure about 16299.15 yet.
      My Computer

  5. f14tomcat's Avatar
    Posts : 53,621
    Multi-boot Windows 10 - RTM, RP, Beta, and Insider
       #134

    DavidY said:
    Looks like 16296 ISOs have been released:

    Download Windows 10 ISO File Installation Upgrade Tutorials

    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...iderpreviewiso

    Not sure what this means, but my hunch is that if 16299.15 was definitely the version to be released, there'd be ISOs too. The fact that 16296 ISOs have just been released says to me that they aren't 100% sure about 16299.15 yet.
    Releasing 16299 ISOs would be tantamount to a public release. Not likely......yet.
      My Computers

  6. LEOPEVA64's Avatar
    Posts : 2,041
    WINDOWS 10 Pro x64 build 19042.685
       #135

    DavidY said:
    Looks like 16296 ISOs have been released:

    Download Windows 10 ISO File Installation Upgrade Tutorials

    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...iderpreviewiso

    Not sure what this means, but my hunch is that if 16299.15 was definitely the version to be released, there'd be ISOs too. The fact that 16296 ISOs have just been released says to me that they aren't 100% sure about 16299.15 yet.
    Or it simply means that the ISOs of this build are not yet ready, sometimes Microsoft takes a long time to publish the ISOs of the builds that release in the Slow Ring, and this build 16299.15 has not even been released on that ring.
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 2,765
    Windows 10 Pro X64
       #136

    Hi,

    When MS feels confident on a certain 16299.something is good enough, they will release it to OEMs.
    My former employer, a worldwide PC manufacturer, has confirmed that they've started a line of new machines using images of 16299.15.

    Cheers,
      My Computers

  8. LEOPEVA64's Avatar
    Posts : 2,041
    WINDOWS 10 Pro x64 build 19042.685
       #137

    fdegrove said:
    Hi,
    My former employer, a worldwide PC manufacturer, has confirmed that they've started a line of new machines using images of 16299.15.
    Cheers,
    Thanks for the confirmation
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 1,521
    Windows 10 Pro (32-bit) 16299.15
       #138

    LEOPEVA64 said:
    Or it simply means that the ISOs of this build are not yet ready, sometimes Microsoft takes a long time to publish the ISOs of the builds that release in the Slow Ring, and this build 16299.15 has not even been released on that ring.
    I seem to remember that for some releases they released the RTM to Slow,Fast and ISO all at once, or in quick succession.

    The ISOs have been stuck at build 16278 before today, which is several builds back, so if they thought they were going to release RTM (be it 16299 or something else) shortly, I'd imagine they would have waited a little longer before releasing new ISOs - why release 16296 if RTM (which clearly won't be 16296) is about to be released?
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 2,765
    Windows 10 Pro X64
       #139

    Hi,
    @LEOPEVA64 : You're welcome.
    That just means that this is RTM and MS will CU this further down the line. The official global release on Oct 17 may still be somewhat different but that's anybody's guess.
    The way I read the release notes is that this is the one though. In fact they're tellling us much more now about their future plans on it than ever before.

    Cheers,
      My Computers


 
Page 14 of 99 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:00.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums