Windows 10: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Skip Ahead Build 17004 for PC Insider

Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
  1.    29 Sep 2017 #90

    Speaking of multiple displays, Task Manager always opens on second monitor in a new session. Sfc /scannow finishes with warnings about some errors not fixed and .log. Otherwise everything seems fine.
    Oh, almost forgot, windows.old didn't get all deleted with Disk Cleanup, some little part is still there.
    Last edited by CountMike; 29 Sep 2017 at 02:41.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 3,232
    Windows 10 Pro x64 v1803 Build 17134.137 (Branch: RS4 Release Preview)
       29 Sep 2017 #91

    CountMike said: View Post
    Oh, almost forgot, windows.old didn't get all deleted with Disk Cleanup, some little part is still there.
    If you can not manually delete the windows.old either, then it's normal for Disk Cleanup to fail too. DC can not find the path/file and same happens with Explorer when manually deleting. But deleting the files via CMD works great when using the DOS names (short names).

    I have had this issue many time with some Asus specific files. Lately I have had no issues.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  3.    29 Sep 2017 #92

    slicendice said: View Post
    If you can not manually delete the windows.old either, then it's normal for Disk Cleanup to fail too. DC can not find the path/file and same happens with Explorer when manually deleting. But deleting the files via CMD works great when using the DOS names (short names).

    I have had this issue many time with some Asus specific files. Lately I have had no issues.
    Yes, that happened few times before. it's wary small amount of space so I will not bother with it this time. I have also Linux Mint and few live USBs with Linux so it wouldn't be a problem to delete.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 1,464
    Triple Boot Windows 10 IP Build 17711/Windows Server 2019 IP Build 17692/Debian Unsttable
       29 Sep 2017 #93

    CountMike said: View Post
    Yes, that happened few times before. it's wary small amount of space so I will not bother with it this time. I have also Linux Mint and few live USBs with Linux so it wouldn't be a problem to delete.
    Another option if you want to stay in Windows to delete a stubborn file is to use unlocker 1.92. It is an excellent free program.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  5.    29 Sep 2017 #94

    CountMike said: View Post
    Yes, that happened few times before. it's wary small amount of space so I will not bother with it this time. I have also Linux Mint and few live USBs with Linux so it wouldn't be a problem to delete.
    Like many on this forum, I use Macrium Reflect, and I simply have a boot entry for it, and I boot pc to that and use its file explorer (icon in bottom left hand corner) to delete stubborn directories.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    29 Sep 2017 #95

    cereberus said: View Post
    Like many on this forum, I use Macrium Reflect, and I simply have a boot entry for it, and I boot pc to that and use its file explorer (icon in bottom left hand corner) to delete stubborn directories.
    Oh, right, I have one of those too. Just updated to V7.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 725
    WINDOWS 10 Pro x64 builds 17134.167, 17713.1000.
       29 Sep 2017 #96

    This build works well for me, as I said before, the only problem so far is with the storage options, but if others have serious problems with this build, maybe they should remember that that was warned by Microsoft the day Skip Ahead was introduced:
    Introducing Skip Ahead for Windows 10 Insiders in the Fast Ring
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	skip.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	118.9 KB 
ID:	155620
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 310
    Win 10 Pro x64 17133.1 Slow
       29 Sep 2017 #97

    Detected with Scannow. Problems not there before install of 17004:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	corrupt1.JPG 
Views:	1 
Size:	67.3 KB 
ID:	155632

    Pc indicated it was unable to fix through Scannow, sent to MS in Feedback hub.
    My missing Settings>System>Storage still AWOL.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Corrupt 2.JPG  
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  9. Posts : 1,534
    WinX Pro x64 IP current
       29 Sep 2017 #98

    This installed on both desktop and laptop with 0 issues thus far.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  10.    29 Sep 2017 #99

    cereberus said: View Post
    Like many on this forum, I use Macrium Reflect, and I simply have a boot entry for it, and I boot pc to that and use its file explorer (icon in bottom left hand corner) to delete stubborn directories.
    Booting with a Windows install disk or USB drive, navigating to the Command Prompt and deleting from there also works well.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Related Threads
900402809685721088 900405174786695168 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16273 for PC - Windows Experience Blog How to Start or Stop Receiving Insider Builds in Windows 10
UPDATE: 9/27: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Skip Ahead Build 17004 for PC Insider - Windows 10 Forums 908013519697616896 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16362 for PC (Skip Ahead) - Windows Experience Blog
903302171319427076 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16353 for PC (Skip Ahead) - Windows Experience Blog How to Start or Stop Receiving Insider Builds in Windows 10 How to Choose Your Insider Ring Level on your...
UPDATE: 742889757512867840 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14366 Mobile Build 14364 | Windows Experience Blog
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:39.
Find Us