Windows 10: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Slow Build 16299 for PC Insider

Page 17 of 44 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 31,387
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 18219
    Thread Starter
       28 Sep 2017 #160

    Josey Wales said: View Post
    I am confused was not 16296 already in The Fast ring once?
    It was before 16299 was released to the Fast ring on the 26th, and now 16299 is released to the Slow ring tonight 28th.

    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Slow Build 16296 for PC Insider - Windows 10 Forums
    Last edited by Brink; 28 Sep 2017 at 20:17.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 13,193
    Win 10 Pro-MX Linux 17.1 PClinuxOS Mate
       28 Sep 2017 #161

    Brink said: View Post
    It was before 16299 was released to the Fast ring on the 26th, and now 16299 is released to the Slow ring tonight 28th.

    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Slow Build 16296 for PC Insider - Windows 10 Forums
    Thanks now it makes sense.:)
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 31,387
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 18219
    Thread Starter
       28 Sep 2017 #162

    Josey Wales said: View Post
    Thanks now it makes sense.:)
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 1,777
    Windows 10 and windows insider
       28 Sep 2017 #163

    Josey Wales said: View Post
    Thanks now it makes sense.:)
    Glad it does to you. I thought we might be getting 16299.2 now. Oh well.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 20,765
    Windows 10 Skip Ahead Preview Build 18204
       28 Sep 2017 #164

    cereberus said: View Post
    Gosh I am so impressed. I play for a team in Aberdeen.

    A few years ago when I worked in Denmark, I was in my local pub where I played quite a lot and generally beat most locals. I went in one night and I was only person there. The tiny but gorgeous owner of bar (nice things in small packages) asked me if I fancied a few games.

    I was surprised and said yes. Of course being a typical arrogant male, I assumed this would be a walkover but she thrashed me in first game and I realised she was really hot (at Pool as well ).

    We played nine games - I won one and that was more luck than judgement.

    I said to her that she was the best pool player I had ever seen, and she laughed and said "Well, I do play for the Danish Ladies International Team" !!!
    Yeppers, dynamite do come in small packages. :)

    I got thrashed tonight. But no more than I expected because I'm only a 2 and played a 3. Daughter is also a 2 and played a 5 and got thrashed too. She did win her two matches with a 3, though.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 3,351
    Windows 10 Pro x64 v1803 Build 17134.228 (Branch: RS4 Release Preview)
       29 Sep 2017 #165

    Josey Wales said: View Post
    Thanks now it makes sense.:)
    :) I admit that it can be confusing to keep track of all these, slow ring, fast ring and skip ahead builds, especially if for some reason one miss an announcement or two. But I assure you, all has been released in chronological order in each Ring. :)
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 14,410
    Windows 10 Pro
       29 Sep 2017 #166

    Wynona said: View Post
    Yeppers, dynamite do come in small packages. :)

    I got thrashed tonight. But no more than I expected because I'm only a 2 and played a 3. Daughter is also a 2 and played a 5 and got thrashed too. She did win her two matches with a 3, though.
    One thing I can recommend is to practise on a snooker table. Back when life was still OK, I had a snooker table at home. Although it was not full size, only a 9 feet table, but playing on it improved my pool game, too, simply because the pockets are so small on snooker table, smaller than on pool tables.

    When the downhill started, it was first item to be sold. A shame...
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 3,351
    Windows 10 Pro x64 v1803 Build 17134.228 (Branch: RS4 Release Preview)
       29 Sep 2017 #167

    Kari said: View Post
    One thing I can recommend is to practise on a snooker table. Back when life was still OK, I had a snooker table at home. Although it was not full size, only a 9 feet table, but playing on it improved my pool game, too, simply because the pockets are so small on snooker table, smaller than on pool tables.

    When the downhill started, it was first item to be sold. A shame...
    On a full size Snooker table, one almost need binoculars in order to see the tiny balls and the pockets in the other end of the "airstrip". :)

    But yeah, it helps developing real pool skills. Eight-ball and similar is easy once you can call yourself a proficient amateur Snooker player.

    I've had my fair share of Pool games and a lot of special skill practice, where goal was to make the moving balls stop within a few square inch area, so that next ball would be easy to pocket. :)
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  9.    29 Sep 2017 #168

    slicendice said: View Post
    On a full size Snooker table, one almost need binoculars in order to see the tiny balls and the pockets in the other end of the "airstrip". :)

    But yeah, it helps developing real pool skills. Eight-ball and similar is easy once you can call yourself a proficient amateur Snooker player.

    I've had my fair share of Pool games and a lot of special skill practice, where goal was to make the moving balls stop within a few square inch area, so that next ball would be easy to pocket. :)
    In terms of ball skill, having snooker experience helps. However most people only play "bar rules" in pool e.g. you carry a free shot and only get on shot on the black, or variants of this.

    League Rules (World Pool 8 rules) are much more sophisticated e.g. either the cue ball or an object ball must hit a cushion if you do not pot a ball, you can do combination shots ie pot your ball and the opposition's ball eg to free up a blocked pocket.

    On any foul shot, you can return cue ball to baulk etc.

    This make REAL Pool a much more tactical game - you have to use any free shot immediately or lose it if you pot your own ball, so you always have to think how to use your free shot.

    Make a single mistake and you get punished.

    I have played many young lads who are better potters than me in league rules, and beaten them simply due to better tactics.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  10. Posts : 35,404
    Triple boot - Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Pro Insider (2) - (and a sprinkling of VMs)
       29 Sep 2017 #169

    Before @24c says it, I will....

    We really need a new build! Really, really!
      My ComputersSystem Spec


 
Page 17 of 44 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Related Threads
UPDATE 9/22: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Fast Build 16296 for PC Insider - Windows 10 Forums 910700796425072640 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16294 for PC - Windows Experience Blog
909435508610129920 908813302481928192 907710903314931712 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16288 for PC Build 15250 for Mobile - Windows Experience Blog Update: Build 16288.1 - Recover a "Won't Boot" Surface Pro 3...
Update Sept. 12th: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16288 PC 15250 Mobile Insider - Windows 10 Forums 903739865380020225 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16281 for PC - Windows Experience Blog How to...
883370827718172672 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16237 for PC - Windows Experience Blog How to Start or Stop Receiving Insider Builds in Windows 10
784439136002375681 784446397466681344 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14942 for PC | Windows Experience Blog How to Start or Stop Receiving Insider Builds in Windows 10
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:42.
Find Us