Cumulative Update KB4040724 Windows 10 v1703 Build 15063.632

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
  1. OldMike65's Avatar
    Posts : 106,723
    Windows10 Pro (x64) 20H2 19042.928
       #60

    Bree said:
    I don't think threads in the News forum can be marked 'solved' anyway. Can't 'Rep' them either.
    Correct ....missed where this was posted .. :)
      My Computers

  2. gcwizard's Avatar
    Posts : 77
    Win 10 Pro x64 version 1809 build 17763.349
       #61

    KB4040724 has twice failed to install in my Win 10 pro 64 bit desktop on 9-27-2017 but did install in my laptop Win 10 home 64 bit, just fine. I used the reliability control panel app to check this and the issue is not listed there even though update history shows it failed twice on this date. Any way to attempt to install again without downloading it. I have a 12gb cap per month. Tired of getting up in the middle of the night to download during my freezone. My update settings are set to get updates from my network computers but I have yet to see this actually happen since 1603 came out. The desktop is set to a metered connection and the laptop is unmetered to allow it to download the latest CU's. Both are set to share updates. I am current 1703 and thru the last CU(15063.608) on this desktop unit while the laptop is at .632. Does the WU repair tool work on Win 10? Thanks for any help!
      My Computers

  3. slicendice's Avatar
    Posts : 4,644
    Windows 10 Pro x64 20H2 Build 19042.906 (Branch: Release Preview)
       #62

    @gcwizard

    Here is the direct link to MS Update Catalog with downloadable files for KB4040724

    Grab the appropriate one, 64bit in your case.
      My Computers

  4. gcwizard's Avatar
    Posts : 77
    Win 10 Pro x64 version 1809 build 17763.349
       #63

    I went there this morning and looked at it. Just trying to avoid downloading it for the fourth time. I have a data cap that renews in 5 days and will download it before then if I have to. Since I don't use Edge I really do not need it as it is a patch for the last CU which had a couple of bugs which have not affected me thus far.
      My Computers

  5. slicendice's Avatar
    Posts : 4,644
    Windows 10 Pro x64 20H2 Build 19042.906 (Branch: Release Preview)
       #64

    gcwizard said:
    I went there this morning and looked at it. Just trying to avoid downloading it for the fourth time. I have a data cap that renews in 5 days and will download it before then if I have to. Since I don't use Edge I really do not need it as it is a patch for the last CU which had a couple of bugs which have not affected me thus far.
    I recommend you ALWAYS download the latest cumulative update from the update catalog and store the latest file in a safe place. This way you will only need to download it once and can share it locally between ALL your computers. DL cap problem solved forever.

    I do this for every CU that gets released. I can use one single file for thousands of computers.
      My Computers

  6. VBF's Avatar
    VBF
    Posts : 577
    Win 10 Pro
       #65

    I've successfully updated 3 machines so far. All 3 appeared to stop at between 3 to 5% but all 3 then dropped through and requested the usual restart.

    I have found one oddity:
    Internet Explorer (Yes I know!!) hangs on certain sites that both Edge and Chrome (my favoured browser) open perfectly! Example http://www.telegraph.co.uk/money/ opens in all 3 browsers on my main PC which I've not updated yet, but the updated PCs all refuse it...in IE only.
    All are running IE as per the attached Capture and there are no messages in Event Viewer other than the usual informational ones on any of the machines.

    Apart from than that everything works, including Edge.

    Any clues anyone?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Cumulative Update KB4040724 Windows 10 v1703 Build 15063.632-ie-capture.jpg  
    Last edited by VBF; 04 Oct 2017 at 11:29. Reason: Remove duplicate image
      My Computers

  7. lopedoggie's Avatar
    Posts : 467
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit v1803 build 17133.73
       #66

    KB4040724 guessing you really need this one for the fall update to work. however it would not install on this pc a first with wu for win 10. Had to perform the Clean Install then this update installed ok. A big waste of time because of all the save and reinstall things required to bring pc up to standards (mine and ms).
      My Computer

  8. VBF's Avatar
    VBF
    Posts : 577
    Win 10 Pro
       #67

    lopedoggie said:
    KB4040724 guessing you really need this one for the fall update to work. however it would not install on this pc a first with wu for win 10. Had to perform the Clean Install then this update installed ok. A big waste of time because of all the save and reinstall things required to bring pc up to standards (mine and ms).
    According to MS, it ONLY contains:


    • Reliability improvements and fixes for cellular connectivity.
    • Addressed issue in Microsoft Edge where on first launch after installing KB4038788, or periodically thereafter, users may observe performance issues or unresponsiveness until the next launch of the browser.

    Which makes the problem I noted in #66 above even stranger. Something MS isn't telling us????
      My Computers

  9. lopedoggie's Avatar
    Posts : 467
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit v1803 build 17133.73
       #68

    VBF said:
    According to MS, it ONLY contains:


    • Reliability improvements and fixes for cellular connectivity.
    • Addressed issue in Microsoft Edge where on first launch after installing KB4038788, or periodically thereafter, users may observe performance issues or unresponsiveness until the next launch of the browser.

    Which makes the problem I noted in #66 above even stranger. Something MS isn't telling us????
    when this kb showed up on wu and i went through the install process it just was stuck in a continuous install loop showing it had sucessfully installed however winver never moved from .....608 to 632. Did the idiot trick 3 or 4 times and concluded that yeah i am really stupid for doing this and then i stopped and resigned to doing a clean install to see if that would correct the problem. such radical action was required as i could not dism correct the problem even with the wim or esd files updated. just sayin. ms will never admit fault to bricking your machine. the very first win 10 installed over win 8.1 and worked ok for about a week then crashed and had to be clean installed. that was about two years worth of win 10 and xxx versions before it became a piece of toast. lol i am now on the 16299.15 fall cu. ok so far.
      My Computer

  10. slicendice's Avatar
    Posts : 4,644
    Windows 10 Pro x64 20H2 Build 19042.906 (Branch: Release Preview)
       #69

    VBF said:
    I've successfully updated 3 machines so far. All 3 appeared to stop at between 3 to 5% but all 3 then dropped through and requested the usual restart.

    I have found one oddity:
    Internet Explorer (Yes I know!!) hangs on certain sites that both Edge and Chrome (my favoured browser) open perfectly! Example http://www.telegraph.co.uk/money/ opens in all 3 browsers on my main PC which I've not updated yet, but the updated PCs all refuse it...in IE only.
    All are running IE as per the attached Capture and there are no messages in Event Viewer other than the usual informational ones on any of the machines.

    Apart from than that everything works, including Edge.

    Any clues anyone?
    No IE issues here with that particular site...
      My Computers


 
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:21.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums