Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Slow Build 16296 for PC Insider

Page 31 of 34 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 36
    Windows 10 1703 Build 16179.10000
       #300

    Wynona said:
    One husband, no complaints; life is very good.
    😁😁😁
      My Computer

  2. Kari's Avatar
    Posts : 17,438
    Windows 10 Pro
       #301

    M4v3r1ck said:
    You - imho - misinterpreted my post Kari.
    My apologies. Still friends, or at least in speaking terms?

    Kari
      My Computer

  3. CountMike's Avatar
    Posts : 18,444
    W10+Developer Insider + Linux
       #302

    Josey Wales said:
    Two lucky guys....
    3, happily un-merried all my life.
      My Computers

  4. lx07's Avatar
    Posts : 5,479
    2004
       #303

    Wynona said:
    Well, you obviously put your foot into it . . . 'nuff said. :)
    Yup. That's males for you.

    If there is a hole to put your foot in, I'll do it. I'll then trip up and blame it on someone else.

    Why don't you backup C, clean install and restore it back? That solves almost everything. Not saying you should - It is just an option.
      My Computer

  5. CountMike's Avatar
    Posts : 18,444
    W10+Developer Insider + Linux
       #304

    Josey Wales said:
    After a brand new install with an ISO the same issue exists. I wasted my time again trying to fix something that only the people at MS can fix. I am done even trying to fix this. I will image this and go back to a build where I can used my DVD!

    The X on the drive shown below is NOT a removable drive. it is a Fix DVD Drive!

    Attachment 154743

    Off to the hub..
    Hey Josey, I found a (temporary) way to fix it. I say "Temporary" because it works only in present session. In device manager just Scan for hardware changes and it works right way.
      My Computers

  6. slicendice's Avatar
    Posts : 4,645
    Windows 10 Pro x64 20H2 Build 19042.906 (Branch: Release Preview)
       #305

    I tossed my DVD drive in the bin and replaced it with a HDD. I do however have an USB3 DVD-burner, in case someone is in need of putting something on a disc. ...so no DVD issues here. :)
      My Computers

  7. Josey Wales's Avatar
    Posts : 24,857
    Win 10 Pro 19043.964
       #306

    CountMike said:
    Hey Josey, I found a (temporary) way to fix it. I say "Temporary" because it works only in present session. In device manager just Scan for hardware changes and it works right way.
    I know but when you restart it reverts back. I also cannot place get it out of sleep mode without a restart.
      My Computer

  8. Josey Wales's Avatar
    Posts : 24,857
    Win 10 Pro 19043.964
       #307

    slicendice said:
    I tossed my DVD drive in the bin and replaced it with a HDD. I do however have an USB3 DVD-burner, in case someone is in need of putting something on a disc. ...so no DVD issues here. :)
    I already have a DVD Drive that works perfectly fine on every build but 16296. I also only have USB2 so it would be even slower..
      My Computer

  9. CountMike's Avatar
    Posts : 18,444
    W10+Developer Insider + Linux
       #308

    Josey Wales said:
    I know but when you restart it reverts back. I also cannot place get it out of sleep mode without a restart.
    Lol, better temporary than never ! I need it just rarely so it's good enough.
      My Computers

  10. Josey Wales's Avatar
    Posts : 24,857
    Win 10 Pro 19043.964
       #309

    CountMike said:
    Lol, better temporary than never ! I need it just rarely so it's good enough.
    This issue will be fixed with the next build so at the moment I do not need it and most of the time I am on The CU where everything works.
      My Computer


 
Page 31 of 34 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:46.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums