Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Slow Build 16296 for PC Insider

Page 22 of 34 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
  1. Kari's Avatar
    Posts : 17,436
    Windows 10 Pro
       #210

      My Computer

  2. M4v3r1ck's Avatar
    Posts : 632
    Win 10 Pro x64 1607 (Build 14393.953)
       #211

    I still have networking issues. Can see my network attached Mac Pro's and NAS, reach root folders but then I get an error trying to enter a Folder. Credentials checked already.

    Cheers
      My Computer

  3. martyfelker's Avatar
    Posts : 2,443
    Windows Insider Fast Ring LatestKUuuntu 20.10
       #212

    w1mnk said:
    Same here. I have GRUB2 on the first boot drive. From there I can select Ubuntu or Mint or Windows boot loader (On SSD) and boot whichever Windows I want. Right now, the latest Insider 16296 build.
    Yes I could easily just use GRUB2. However the most stable option for me right now is 4 primary partitions on my SSD (BTBM Windows 10 IP 16296, Windows Server 2016 Standard, Debian Sid. BTBM partition is 6MB then 3 Equal Partitions. It's possible I might install openSUSE Tumbleweed but Debian is performing very well. In fact I'm going there because my VMware VM or Build 16296.0 is done. The size of the 2 useless windows.old file Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Slow Build 16296 for PC-windows-10-rs3-2017-09-24-22-36-48.pngAnnouncing Windows 10 Insider Preview Slow Build 16296 for PC-windows-10-rs3-2017-09-24-22-56-16.pngis over 40GB to yield 13GB of pure Microsoft code.
      My Computers


  4. Posts : 5,834
    Dual boot Windows 10 FCU Pro x 64 & current Insider 10 Pro
       #213

    Got it all set up. Slow, but sure. Both running great so far. I'll designate the unallocated space for Ma...ma...ma...Macrium backups.


    Attachment 154916
      My Computers

  5. kado897's Avatar
    Posts : 39,958
    Windows 10 Home 64bit v20H2 and insider builds
       #214

    HippsieGypsie said:
    Got it all set up. Slow, but sure. Both running great so far. I'll designate the unallocated space for Ma...ma...ma...Macrium backups.


    Attachment 154916
    Not a good idea to put backups on the same drive HG.
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 5,834
    Dual boot Windows 10 FCU Pro x 64 & current Insider 10 Pro
       #215

    kado897 said:
    Not a good idea to put backups on the same drive HG.
    Do you mean only because of drive failure? I thought about that. It's a secondary experimental PC, so no big loss to me. No important files on it. I'd replace with an SSD.

    I'm just learning Macrium. Is it possible to be able to recover without using a thumb WinPE? Can I point Macrium from the boot menu to images?
      My Computers

  7. Wynona's Avatar
    Posts : 28,092
    Windows 10 20H2 Build 19042.928
       #216

    magilla said:
    Did the RTM drive/partition get erased? This is really weird
    Yep, and then the space was incorporated into my Insider Program partition.
      My Computer

  8. Wynona's Avatar
    Posts : 28,092
    Windows 10 20H2 Build 19042.928
       #217

    Fisher Mann said:
    Been tossing it around for a few months to either do a dual boot or a Hyper-V VM. Am going to wait until the FCU comes out to decide, but the easy BCD looks pretty good. (I checked out the web page). Just want a split for Insiders and the other for a stable build like a CU.
    That's what I had until this update, Fisher.
      My Computer

  9. kado897's Avatar
    Posts : 39,958
    Windows 10 Home 64bit v20H2 and insider builds
       #218

    HippsieGypsie said:
    Do you mean only because of drive failure? I thought about that. It's a secondary experimental PC, so no big loss to me. No important files on it. I'd replace with an SSD.

    I'm just learning Macrium. Is it possible to be able to recover without using a thumb WinPE? Can I point Macrium from the boot menu to images?
    Ah OK that's fine and yes Macrium can create a Windows boot menu entry to boot into the PE recovery environment directly without using a thumb drive. In the menu Other Tasks->Add Recovery boot menu Option...
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 5,834
    Dual boot Windows 10 FCU Pro x 64 & current Insider 10 Pro
       #219

    kado897 said:
    Ah OK that's fine and yes Macrium can create a Windows boot menu entry to boot into the PE recovery environment directly without using a thumb drive. In the menu Other Tasks->Add Recovery boot menu Option...
    Thanks, Keith. :)
      My Computers


 
Page 22 of 34 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:03.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums