CCleaner: A Vast Number of Machines at Risk

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
  1. OldMike65's Avatar
    Posts : 106,477
    Windows10 Pro (x64) 20H2 19042.928
       #80

    For those of you that do not use Defender, Malwarebytes does the same thing, IF you check "Scan for rootkits" as its OFF by default. Also does it online.

    CCleaner: A Vast Number of Machines at Risk-rootkits.png
      My Computers

  2. D4ni3l's Avatar
    Posts : 307
    Microsoft Windows 10 x64
       #81

    thanks OldMike65

    nothing detected both in Windows Defender & MalwareBytes
    I had installed the faulty CCleaner v5.33 on x64 Computer
    the shorcut in Windows Menu is "C:\Program Files\CCleaner\CCleaner64.exe"

    only "C:\Program Files\CCleaner\CCleaner.exe" (existing on disk..) is infected



    I think I am OK then...
      My Computer

  3. OldMike65's Avatar
    Posts : 106,477
    Windows10 Pro (x64) 20H2 19042.928
       #82

    D4ni3l said:
    thanks OldMike65

    nothing detected both in Windows Defender & MalwareBytes
    I had installed the faulty CCleaner v5.33 on x64 Computer
    the shorcut in Windows Menu is "C:\Program Files\CCleaner\CCleaner64.exe"

    only "C:\Program Files\CCleaner\CCleaner.exe" (existing on disk..) is infected



    I think I am OK then...
    The CCleaner version you should have installed is version CCleaner v5.34.6207
    If you have version CCleaner v5.33.6162 delete it and upgrade to latest release.
      My Computers

  4. essenbe's Avatar
    Posts : 12,507
    Windows 10 Pro 1903
       #83

    I think the latest version of CCleaner is 5.35.6210
      My Computers

  5. clam1952's Avatar
    Posts : 812
    Windows 10 Pro 20H2 build 19042.928
       #84

    Confirmed 5.35.6210, it's just downloaded here today, again as an "important update".
      My Computers

  6.    #85

    essenbe said:
    I think the latest version of CCleaner is 5.35.6210
      My Computer

  7. OldMike65's Avatar
    Posts : 106,477
    Windows10 Pro (x64) 20H2 19042.928
       #86

    COMPUTIAC said:
    Yup was just released maybe within the last hour....

    Latest CCleaner Version Released - Windows 10 Forums

    CCleaner: A Vast Number of Machines at Risk-ccleanernew.png
      My Computers

  8. pparks1's Avatar
    Posts : 1,693
    Windows 10 Pro
       #87

    This is i always chuckle from people who claim to not need AV protection, who always want to be admin and say that common sense is all you need. Sometimes, legit sites can get hit too. Reputable software becomes compromised. I appreciate the vendor who steps up, announces what happened and quickly fixes.
      My Computers

  9. JohnBurns's Avatar
    Posts : 509
    Windows 10 Version 1909 (Build 18363.815
       #88

    pparks1 said:
    This is i always chuckle from people who claim to not need AV protection, who always want to be admin and say that common sense is all you need. Sometimes, legit sites can get hit too. Reputable software becomes compromised. I appreciate the vendor who steps up, announces what happened and quickly fixes.
    I agree, with CC and recently Kaspersky AntiVirus I have made decisions for myself, which many users in these forums disagree with. It's all personal judgment and none of us seem to be perfect in that lol. None of the apps are perfect either, I guess.
      My Computer

  10. Sky Ranch's Avatar
    Posts : 6
    Windows 10
       #89

    What Piriform should have done was as soon as they analyzed the malicious code and took necessary action in mitigating the hack, they should have made an announcement that day to inform their users. They did not. They waited almost a week. This leaves the impression that if this issue did not come to light, they would have quietly swept this under the rug. In fact, when version 3.4 was released there was no mention of any security bugs that were fixed in their release notes.
      My Computer


 
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:09.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums