Announcing Windows 10 Insider Build Slow 16288 PC + Fast 15250 Mobile  

Page 64 of 71 FirstFirst ... 14546263646566 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 64,502
    64-bit Windows 11 Pro for Workstations
    Thread Starter
       #630

    Wynona said:
    Attachment 153841

    Ohhhhhhh! I've never done it that way! I've always just gone to Start, found the program, and either dragged it to QL or clicked on More > open file location and drag from there (preferred method; more stable).

    Of course, there's nothing in Start to indicate God Mode.

    Thank you . . . I now have another tool in my brain box!
      My Computers


  2. Posts : 10,311
    Wndows 10 Pro x64 release preview channel
       #631

    I go away for 4 days holiday and come back to a new very active thread. Turned on the PC and it immediately started downloading build 16288. Took around an hour to finish but I didn't like the way it insisted on installing a new NVIDIA driver. After installation finished I ran it for a few hours but ended up uninstalling the NVIDIA drivers using DDU and reinstalling 385.41.
    Seems a nice build now, running smoothly.
      My Computer


  3. 24c
    Posts : 979
    Win 10 Prox64 - latest "final"
       #632

    DooGie said:
    I go away for 4 days holiday and come back to a new very active thread. Turned on the PC and it immediately started downloading build 16288. Took around an hour to finish but I didn't like the way it insisted on installing a new NVIDIA driver. After installation finished I ran it for a few hours but ended up uninstalling the NVIDIA drivers using DDU and reinstalling 385.41.
    Seems a nice build now, running smoothly.
    Mine updated to Nvidia drive 387.68, which is not even on the Nvidia update site. No apparent issues though.

    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Build Slow 16288 PC + Fast 15250 Mobile-1.jpg
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 29,078
    Windows 10 21H1 Build 19043.1023
       #633

    24c said:
    Mine updated to Nvidia drive 387.68, which is not even on the Nvidia update site. No apparent issues though.

    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Build Slow 16288 PC + Fast 15250 Mobile-1.jpg
    Since the driver's not on the Nvidia site, Microsoft gets the blame if it doesn't work right. :) 'Course, we all know MS gets the drivers from the OEM.
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 520
    Windows 10
       #634

    I have driver updates blocked, I am running 385.41 for my graphics card. My computer locked up when the power savings turned off my monitor. Also had a weird issue with my VMs and the networking on them. Still lots of little bugs to fix.
      My Computer


  6. 24c
    Posts : 979
    Win 10 Prox64 - latest "final"
       #635

    Wynona said:
    Since the driver's not on the Nvidia site, Microsoft gets the blame if it doesn't work right. :) 'Course, we all know MS gets the drivers from the OEM.
    If you Google the 387.68 driver there are a couple forums discussing it - seems the newer drivers are WDDM 2.3 instead of 2.2 - and we all know 2.3 is always better than 2.2.
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 14,590
    Windows10
       #636

    f14tomcat said:
    @LEOPEVA64 - no guarantees, but Cereberus had similar and so did I. I gave him a home-brew fix and it seemed to work for him. Check and see if may apply to you. TC

    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Skip Ahead Build 16362 for PC Insider - Page 8 - Windows 10 Forums
    After a bit of testing, apart from a deep uninstall, also initially set it so no folders are syncing, then set files on demand, and then select folders to sync.
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 520
    Windows 10
       #637

    24c said:
    If you Google the 387.68 driver there are a couple forums discussing it - seems the newer drivers are WDDM 2.3 instead of 2.2 - and we all know 2.3 is always better than 2.2.
    Running dxdiag will show the info

    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Build Slow 16288 PC + Fast 15250 Mobile-videocard.jpg
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 520
    Windows 10
       #638

    Allowed Windows to update my video driver and now have this,

    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Build Slow 16288 PC + Fast 15250 Mobile-videocard2.jpg

    So yeah it seems 1709 uses WDDM 2.3, while 1703 used 2.2
      My Computer


  10. 24c
    Posts : 979
    Win 10 Prox64 - latest "final"
       #639

    Spoke too soon - just had to roll back to 385.41 - colors got all messed up - couldn't grab a screenshot soon enough. Seems I was wrong 2.3 is not better than 2.2 -
    @OilerNut - will be anxious to see if you remain issue free with 387.68 drivers. May depend on the version of GeFocre being run ???
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:59.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums