Announcing Windows 10 Insider Build Slow 16288 PC + Fast 15250 Mobile Insider

Page 60 of 71 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast
  1. Wynona's Avatar
    Posts : 27,962
    Windows 10 2404 Build 19042.867
       #590

    recruit2 said:
    Yep me too, I never seem to need Control Panel these days, Settings seems to do 95% of everything you need.

    I would like a super modern win 10 build that doesn't even come with internet explorer and control panel!
    I read early on that Internet Explorer was going to be depracated, but here it is almost three years later and it's still hanging around. I haven't used it, but when I clean things up, IE has intruded to the point that it has a lot of what I've been looking at cached. Not good!
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 135
    Windows 10 build 10122
       #591

    Wynona said:
    I read early on that Internet Explorer was going to be depracated, but here it is almost three years later and it's still hanging around. I haven't used it, but when I clean things up, IE has intruded to the point that it has a lot of what I've been looking at cached. Not good!
    It is still attached to so many things that would need to be re-written or decommissioned before they could get rid off it! But hopefully they will...
      My Computer

  3. Wynona's Avatar
    Posts : 27,962
    Windows 10 2404 Build 19042.867
       #592

    recruit2 said:
    It is still attached to so many things that would need to be re-written or decommissioned before they could get rid off it! But hopefully they will...
    Yep, my Quick Launch Bar is attached to it. C:>Users>name>AppData>Roaming>Microsoft>Internet Explorer and finally, you select Quick Launch!
      My Computer

  4. f14tomcat's Avatar
    Posts : 53,069
    Multi-boot Windows 10 - RTM, RP, Beta, and Insider
       #593

    Wynona said:
    Yep, my Quick Launch Bar is attached to it. C:>Users>name>AppData>Roaming>Microsoft>Internet Explorer and finally, you select Quick Launch!
    Search IE. Right at the top.
      My Computers

  5. cereberus's Avatar
    Posts : 12,013
    Windows10
       #594

    0
    recruit2 said:
    I can't wait until Control Panel has been completely replaced and you can't even find it any more. Any idea how long until they'll be able to completely get rid of it? It's definitely shrinking nicely all the time. Not much left in there in this build!
    In a sense, some aspects of Control Panel will probably never be entirely eliminated e.g. some advanced options menus rarely used, where it is a law of diminishing returns converting to settings style.

    What will most likely happen (and is happening now to an extent) is you will only be able to access those advanced menus from settings but there will no longer be any way to access those menus from control panel i.e. the control panel menu will eventually disappear.
      My Computer

  6. f14tomcat's Avatar
    Posts : 53,069
    Multi-boot Windows 10 - RTM, RP, Beta, and Insider
       #595

    cereberus said:
    0

    In a sense, some aspects of Control Panel will probably never be entirely eliminated e.g. some advanced options menus rarely used, where it is a law of diminishing returns converting to settings style.

    What will most likely happen (and is happening now to an extent) is you will only be able to access those advanced menus from settings but there will no longer be any way to access those menus from control panel i.e. the control panel menu will eventually disappear.
    Not news by any stretch, but this is still around. Shrinking steadily, but still alive and well!




    A legendary folder hidden in Windows 10 gives you quick access to a ton of handy settings in one place. ... Right-click on the desktop and go to New > Folder to create a new folder. 2. Name the folder: GodMode.{ED7BA470-8E54-465E-825C-99712043E01C} (Complete with the period after GodMode and the curly brackets)
      My Computers

  7. Wynona's Avatar
    Posts : 27,962
    Windows 10 2404 Build 19042.867
       #596

    cereberus said:
    Besides you do not have spherical footballs :-D.
    Those are called basket balls or volley balls, Cereberus. :)
      My Computer

  8. cereberus's Avatar
    Posts : 12,013
    Windows10
       #597

    f14tomcat said:
    Not news by any stretch, but this is still around. Shrinking steadily, but still alive and well!




    A legendary folder hidden in Windows 10 gives you quick access to a ton of handy settings in one place. ... Right-click on the desktop and go to New > Folder to create a new folder. 2. Name the folder: GodMode.{ED7BA470-8E54-465E-825C-99712043E01C} (Complete with the period after GodMode and the curly brackets)
    Godmode is dying.
      My Computer

  9. CountMike's Avatar
    Posts : 18,341
    W10+Developer Insider + Linux
       #598

    cereberus said:
    0

    In a sense, some aspects of Control Panel will probably never be entirely eliminated e.g. some advanced options menus rarely used, where it is a law of diminishing returns converting to settings style.

    What will most likely happen (and is happening now to an extent) is you will only be able to access those advanced menus from settings but there will no longer be any way to access those menus from control panel i.e. the control panel menu will eventually disappear.
    I don't see why would old CP bother anyone. I prefer it that way. As long as everything is also in Settings of course.
      My Computers

  10. LEOPEVA64's Avatar
    Posts : 2,025
    WINDOWS 10 Pro x64 build 19042.685
       #599

    I am experiencing some problems with Files on Demand, every time I enter the Onedrive folder in the file explorer some files start to download automatically, I have to close the folder or sometimes log out so the files stop downloading.
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Build Slow 16288 PC + Fast 15250 Mobile-2.jpg
      My Computer


 
Page 60 of 71 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:14.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums