Announcing Windows 10 Insider Build Slow 16288 PC + Fast 15250 Mobile  

Page 14 of 71 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 19,454
    W11+W11 Developer Insider + Linux
       #130

    linw said:
    People, people, it's not like MS has taken your first born. All this outrage because you didn't get an update that is no/little different from what you have already got!
    It's the failure (not first time) that shouldn't have happened, not this close to Fall Creators update anyway. Makes one wonder what will happen when final is going to be released to many times larger audience. There's too much flack against original Creators update and W10 in general.
    It would be too embarrassing if the real cause was missing ESD.
      My Computers


  2. Posts : 1,937
    win 10 Insider
       #131

    TairikuOkami said:
    If the upgrade fails, it is not going to be good for regular users either, upgrading from CU to Fall.
    Considering, that RTM should ready within 1-2 weeks. This is the second serious upgrade problem.
    Do we know it is serious? Delayed, yes, but serious??
      My Computers


  3. Posts : 49,552
    Windows 10 Home 64bit 21H1 and insider builds
       #132

    TairikuOkami said:
    If the upgrade fails, it is not going to be good for regular users either, upgrading from CU to Fall.
    Considering, that RTM should ready within 1-2 weeks. This is the second serious upgrade problem.
    That's what we are here for. To catch these problems before they hit the masses.
      My Computer


  4. 24c
    Posts : 979
    Win 10 Prox64 - latest "final"
       #133

    AndreTen said:
    Well, one thing we have to be aware off... We don't know a thing. They may pulled that pro....esd file out to fix something.
    Agree - we don't know what the issue is. Not sure they do either -
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 5,319
    Windows 11 Home
       #134

    linw said:
    Do we know it is serious? Delayed, yes, but serious??
    MS does not know, what the problem is. It should have been fixed in 2 hours, it has been 12, not good.

    CountMike said:
    It's the failure (not first time) that shouldn't have happened, not this close to Fall Creators update anyway. Makes one wonder what will happen when final is going to be released to many times larger audience. There's too much flack against original Creators update and W10 in general.

    Indeed over one third still has not upgraded to CU, because of known problems. MS has finally admitted, that CU causes problems like stuttering in games and their solution sounds simple. Just upgrade to Fall Upgrade, even-though Insiders claim, that it does not help much.

    Microsoft engineer Peter K said in the Feedback Hub: "Thank you everyone for providing feedback and submitting traces. We have been analyzing the traces from your feedback and have identified several different problem sources surfacing as stutter in games. We have a fix for one of them in the Windows Insider build that flighted to the "Fast" ring (build 16273 and above).
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 49,552
    Windows 10 Home 64bit 21H1 and insider builds
       #135

    24c said:
    Agree - we don't know what the issue is. Not sure they do either -
    Overnight they seem to be working on the assumption that this is purely a 64bit pro problem. It is not.
      My Computer


  7. 24c
    Posts : 979
    Win 10 Prox64 - latest "final"
       #136

    kado897 said:
    Overnight they seem to be working on the assumption that this is purely a 64bit pro problem. It is not.
    It seemed it was Pro x64 issue at 1st - they may have pulled the plug on all updates since then. I don't recall this happening before.
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 14,590
    Windows10
       #137

    CountMike said:
    It's the failure (not first time) that shouldn't have happened, not this close to Fall Creators update anyway. Makes one wonder what will happen when final is going to be released to many times larger audience. There's too much flack against original Creators update and W10 in general.
    It would be too embarrassing if the real cause was missing ESD.

    Yeah the missing ESD is called INSTALL.ESD!
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 19,454
    W11+W11 Developer Insider + Linux
       #138

    cereberus said:
    Yeah the missing ESD is called INSTALL.ESD!
    Indeed.
      My Computers


  10. Posts : 49,552
    Windows 10 Home 64bit 21H1 and insider builds
       #139

    24c said:
    It seemed it was Pro x64 issue at 1st - they may have pulled the plug on all updates since then. I don't recall this happening before.
    32bit pro was also not working for me from first release so it's not just because it has been pulled.
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:54.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums