Page 8 of 47 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
  1.    02 Sep 2017 #71
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Posts : 17,565
    Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16281

    Quote Originally Posted by 24c View Post
    Yes it is. My new plan, when Edge doesn't do what I want it to do, I'll try to figure out why and work on it, rather than repeating my entire 4 letter word collection and closing Edge.
    You need to save those for when you can't figure out why Edge isn't cooperating.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    02 Sep 2017 #72
    Join Date : Aug 2014
    Forever West
    Posts : 3,921
    Win10 Home and Pro, Win10 Insider Preview, Win7 Home, Linux Mint

    Interesting. Had been having problems getting Build 16278 and left Windows Defender doing a full scan when bedtime called. Checked it this morning and WD hadn't found any problems. I found I got Build 16281 overnight and all looks good. I did run reimage and it found 2 viruses in Microsoft Works, WD didn't. The install of Works was from the same setup disc as I used on other computers. It also found 28 Registry items that CCleaner doesn't. Maybe a false thing?
    Trojan/Win32.Zbot.gen
    Trojan/Spy.Zbot.avca
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    02 Sep 2017 #73
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Posts : 17,565
    Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16281

    Quote Originally Posted by Berton View Post
    Interesting. Had been having problems getting Build 16278 and left Windows Defender doing a full scan when bedtime called. Checked it this morning and WD hadn't found any problems. I found I got Build 16281 overnight and all looks good. I did run reimage and it found 2 viruses in Microsoft Works, WD didn't. The install of Works was from the same setup disc as I used on other computers. It also found 28 Registry items that CCleaner doesn't. Maybe a false thing?
    Trojan/Win32.Zbot.gen
    Trojan/Spy.Zbot.avca
    Did you look 'em up on Google or Bing, Berton?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    02 Sep 2017 #74
    Join Date : Sep 2014
    USA
    Posts : 711
    Latest Insider Build

    Quote Originally Posted by Josey Wales View Post
    I believe in conserving power. You don't leave your TV on all the time do you? The longer it runs the faster it will have a problem. I also do not turn it off , I put it in sleep mode. Climate Change is real. Look what happened in Houston....
    Got it...turn TV off every night...will try same with computer and see if i can live with that.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    02 Sep 2017 #75
    Join Date : Sep 2014
    USA
    Posts : 711
    Latest Insider Build

    Quote Originally Posted by Wynona View Post
    You need to save those for when you can't figure out why Edge isn't cooperating.
    If I cannot figure it out, I'll call my ex-wife. She knows everything.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    02 Sep 2017 #76
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Posts : 17,565
    Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16281

    Quote Originally Posted by 24c View Post
    Got it...turn TV off every night...will try same with computer and see if i can live with that.
    There will forevermore be an ongoing debate on whether to turn off the computer or leave it running at night.

    Some say turning it off and on ain't good fer it, and some say leaving it on ain't good fer it. For me, the amount of electricity used is key. So, as I said before, turning mine off at night is economical for me.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    02 Sep 2017 #77
    Join Date : Jul 2014
    Serbia
    Posts : 10,415
    W10 Insider + Linux

    Quote Originally Posted by Wynona View Post
    There will forevermore be an ongoing debate on whether to turn off the computer or leave it running at night.

    Some say turning it off and on ain't good fer it, and some say leaving it on ain't good fer it. For me, the amount of electricity used is key. So, as I said before, turning mine off at night is economical for me.
    I have it both ways, one stays on and other gets turned off when not in use.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  8.    02 Sep 2017 #78
    Join Date : Aug 2014
    Forever West
    Posts : 3,921
    Win10 Home and Pro, Win10 Insider Preview, Win7 Home, Linux Mint

    Quote Originally Posted by Wynona View Post
    Did you look 'em up on Google or Bing, Berton?
    So far I haven't been able to get a definitive result [out of many found] about whether they are Malware, Spyware or password stealing infections.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    02 Sep 2017 #79
    Join Date : Mar 2017
    Posts : 5,665
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro Build 15063

    Quote Originally Posted by 24c View Post
    If I cannot figure it out, I'll call my ex-wife. She knows everything.
    I built this PC 8 years ago and it is still running very well except for any RS3 build. The electric company here makes enough money.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    02 Sep 2017 #80
    Join Date : Feb 2015
    Bamberg Germany
    Posts : 17,530
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Win10 Pro Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu

    Quote Originally Posted by 24c View Post
    Got it...turn TV off every night...will try same with computer and see if i can live with that.
    From your specs:
    Hard Drives: Samsung 960EVO M.2 500 Samsung 960EVO M.2 250 Samsung 850 PRO 256 Corsair Neutron Xti 250 WD BLUE 500GB Crucial MX 300 525 Samsung 850 EVO 500 Samsung 850 PRO 512
    Boot bootime in your case isn't even an issue, and the positive with a total shut down, and cold boot, is; your PendingFileRenameOperations get done, and that... ads to system stability, because and changes that cannot be made because a file is in use by Windows, can get done by a proper shut down(but only when Fast Startup in you Power settings is turned off, and Windows can do a cold boot, without skipping diver initialization and services, and parts of the kernel, that are saved to a hibefil.

    In other words, if a driver or kernel file, or a service file needs to be updated, it can be(including clones of software drivers, services in the WinSxS folder).
      My ComputersSystem Spec

 
Page 8 of 47 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Insider Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Fast & Skip Build 16273 for PC
900402809685721088 900405174786695168 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16273 for PC - Windows Experience Blog How to Start or Stop Receiving Insider Builds in Windows 10
Windows 10 News
Insider Announcing Windows 10 Insider Fast Build 16275 PC + 15245 Mobile
Update August 29th 2017: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16278 for PC Insider - Windows 10 Forums 901158844440629248 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16275 for PC Build 15245 for Mobile - Windows...
Windows 10 News
Insider Announcing Windows 10 Insider Fast Build 16257 PC + 15237 Mobile
Update August 23rd 2017: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Fast Build 16273 for PC Insider - Windows 10 Forums 892868245492858880 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16257 for PC Build 15237 for Mobile - Windows...
Windows 10 News
Insider Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16237 PC for Fast ring
883370827718172672 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16237 for PC - Windows Experience Blog How to Start or Stop Receiving Insider Builds in Windows 10
Windows 10 News
Insider Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14942 for PC on Fast ring
784439136002375681 784446397466681344 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14942 for PC | Windows Experience Blog How to Start or Stop Receiving Insider Builds in Windows 10
Windows 10 News
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:46.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums