Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Fast Build 16281 for PC Insider

Page 17 of 47 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
  1. cereberus's Avatar
    Posts : 12,009
    Windows10
       #160

    DooGie said:
    In the UK we just call it a microwave and Foil is just Foil :)
    Have you ever noticed how us Brits tend to use Cockney Rhyming slang style when referring to tech i.e. we use first word and drop rest.

    microwave - microwave oven

    video - video cassette recorder (US VCR)

    mobile - mobile phone (US cellphone)

    etc.?
      My Computer

  2. cereberus's Avatar
    Posts : 12,009
    Windows10
       #161

    Kari said:
    I don't like OneDrive setting itself up automatically, not asking anything, doing this even before I have selected folders to be synced. I did a test clean install of 16281 on a VM, when on desktop and switching to MS account, OneDrive started to download the content without asking me any questions, these notifications popping up one after another, for each file:

    Attachment 151745

    Files on Demand is enabled, I have not selected any files to be synced on local machine simply because this is a VM with 64 GB VHD but this OD account size is over 200 GB, yet OD is downloading all the time:

    Attachment 151749

    Now I am watching as the size of OD folder grows all the time although no files have been selected to be synced and files on demand is enabled.

    Trying to fix this, when a folder is synced I right click it and select Clear space, OD removes it from local storage as it should and marks it as available online, then immediately starts downloading it again.

    This is not good!
    Agreed. I got round it by logging out of onedrive ensuring files on demand were enabled, and rebooting pc.

    Cannot guarantee that will work for everybody though but it did seem to honour the files on demand from a reboot.
      My Computer

  3. Kari's Avatar
    Posts : 17,434
    Windows 10 Pro
       #162

    cereberus said:
    Agreed. I got round it by logging out of onedrive ensuring files on demand were enabled, and rebooting pc.

    Cannot guarantee that will work for everybody though but it did seem to honour the files on demand from a reboot.
    I'm happy that upgrade to 16252 fixed this. I have several OneDrive accounts, personal and OD for Business, used storage space varying between 150 GB and over 2 TB. I really do not want OD to start syncing all files and folders without asking me.
      My Computer

  4. M4v3r1ck's Avatar
    Posts : 632
    Win 10 Pro x64 1607 (Build 14393.953)
       #163

    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Fast Build 16281 for PC


    Kari I'm a bit confused, you mentioned 16353 before in a reply to me. Obvious a typo?

    Cheers
      My Computer

  5. Kari's Avatar
    Posts : 17,434
    Windows 10 Pro
       #164

    M4v3r1ck said:
    Kari I'm a bit confused, you mentioned 16353 before in a reply to me. Obvious a typo?

    Cheers
    No, not a typo.

    The OD issue was in a clean install of 16281. However, as this install was a test to check if I can upgrade a non-Skippy build with a Skippy ISO, then change Insider settings to Skippy, I upgraded the 16281 with 16353 ISO and switched to Skippy builds.

    Short: the weird OD issue was in clean installed non-Skippy build 16281. In my case the issue was resolved by upgrading it to Skippy build 16353.
      My Computer

  6. kado897's Avatar
    Posts : 39,305
    Windows 10 Home 64bit v20H2 and insider builds
       #165

    Kari said:
    No, not a typo.

    The OD issue was in a clean install of 16281. However, as this install was a test to check if I can upgrade a non-Skippy build with a Skippy ISO, then change Insider settings to Skippy, I upgraded the 16281 with 16353 ISO and switched to Skippy builds.

    Short: the weird OD issue was in clean installed non-Skippy build 16281. In my case the issue was resolved by upgrading it to Skippy build 16353.
    I've not had any issues with OD on an upgrade to 16281. It honoured my OD settings although OD setup ran for a good while after getting to the desktop as it has done on some previous builds.
      My Computer

  7. Kari's Avatar
    Posts : 17,434
    Windows 10 Pro
       #166

    kado897 said:
    I've not had any issues with OD on an upgrade to 16281. It honoured my OD settings although OD setup ran for a good while after getting to the desktop as it has done on some previous builds.
    I think if I had upgraded to 16281, the OD settings had been honoured as you say. However, this was a clean install. When finally booted to desktop and switched local account to MS account (I always set Windows up with a local account to get user profile named as I want to), OD started to download full content without asking me, although Files on Demand was by default enabled and nothing should have been downloaded.

    The weirdest thing was, when I selected an already synced / downloaded folder selecting "Clear space", the content was removed from local storage and marked as Available online (icon of white cloud / blue outline), but immediately thereafter OD started to synd / download that folder again.
      My Computer

  8. kado897's Avatar
    Posts : 39,305
    Windows 10 Home 64bit v20H2 and insider builds
       #167

    Kari said:
    I think if I had upgraded to 16281, the OD settings had been honoured as you say. However, this was a clean install. When finally booted to desktop and switched local account to MS account (I always set Windows up with a local account to get user profile named as I want to), OD started to download full content without asking me, although Files on Demand was by default enabled and nothing should have been downloaded.

    The weirdest thing was, when I selected an already synced / downloaded folder selecting "Clear space", the content was removed from local storage and marked as Available online (icon of white cloud / blue outline), but immediately thereafter OD started to synd / download that folder again.
    It's very strange Kari and shouldn't happen. I always move my OD folder off of the C drive and it has started populating before I had a chance to move it.
      My Computer

  9. Wynona's Avatar
    Posts : 27,930
    Windows 10 2404 Build 19042.867
       #168

    Winuser said:
    My parents did the best they could living payday to payday and robbing Peter to pay Paul and I still heard of the Amana Radarange. It wasn't until the 80's that I owned a microwave. I bought it for my wife for a anniversary present.
    Weird! My first one was a GE, I think, and my husband and kids got it for our anniversary too!

    They burned him out on corn and English peas!
      My Computer

  10. Ztruker's Avatar
    Posts : 13,502
    Windows 10 Pro X64 20H4 19042.746
       #169

    CountMike said:
    Well it's fixed now but it was at same time in both, Skippy i non Skippy computers. Probably synced from one to another.
    I don't remember mine ever not remembering:

    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Fast Build 16281 for PC-image.png
      My Computers


 
Page 17 of 47 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:08.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums