Windows 10: Windows 10 Fall Creators Update coming October 17th 2017

Page 29 of 38 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast
  1.    18 Oct 2017 #280

    Hmmm.... I see MS is back with their nagware.....

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nag me notice.JPG 
Views:	95 
Size:	39.1 KB 
ID:	158802

    Yes, I'll be updating, still...
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2. f14tomcat's Avatar
    Posts : 36,319
    Triple boot - Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Pro Insider (2) - (and a sprinkling of VMs)
       18 Oct 2017 #281

    sygnus21 said: View Post
    Hmmm.... I see MS is back with their nagware.....

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nag me notice.JPG 
Views:	95 
Size:	39.1 KB 
ID:	158802

    Yes, I'll be updating, still...
    How is that nagware? Countless people complained that previous updates just "took off" by themselves and re-booted while the user was in the middle of a game or something. It's an options alert to let you (the user) decide what to do.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  3.    18 Oct 2017 #282

    I wouldn't call it "Nagware" either, I appreciate warnings about impending updates. I get notifications about all updates including for WD.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  4. AndreTen's Avatar
    Posts : 14,219
    Windows 10 (Pro and Insider Pro)
       18 Oct 2017 #283

    f14tomcat said: View Post
    How is that nagware? Countless people complained that previous updates just "took off" by themselves and re-booted while the user was in the middle of a game or something. It's an options alert to let you (the user) decide what to do.
    Agree. And this time in proper way, with the mean of notification, which I have set to "not showing" if projecting is used.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  5.    18 Oct 2017 #284

    It's still nagware to me. Has nothing to do with updating. I did the update. I just didn't need to be nagged every time I clicked the start menu. Nagware.

    Anyway update did on desktop, no issue noticed (yet). Same with laptop, all good thus far.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    18 Oct 2017 #285

    My desktop computer just downloaded fall creators update, but update was unsuccessful. It has downloaded all files, made 100 percent for preparing files to install but hadn't offered restart, update says all is up to date. After manual restart it still occupies about 13+ gigabyte space from the drive C:/ but no installing. Update history says update was unsuccesful but in an other entry it says restart is needed. What the hell should i do?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    18 Oct 2017 #286

    Blobov said: View Post
    My desktop computer just downloaded fall creators update, but update was unsuccessful. It has downloaded all files, made 100 percent for preparing files to install but hadn't offered restart, update says all is up to date. After manual restart it still occupies about 13+ gigabyte space from the root C:/ but no installing. Update history says update was unsuccesful but in an other entry it says restart is needed. What the hell should i do?
    Type "winver" without the quotes in Run and you should see ver 1709, Build 16299.19 if the update took. If not try restarting the PC and running Windows Update again.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    18 Oct 2017 #287

    sygnus21 said: View Post
    Type "winver" without the quotes in Run and you should see ver 1709, Build 16299.19 if the update took. If not try restarting the PC and running Windows Update again.
    It is still 15063.674.
    According to Windows Update all is up to date, no update available.

    Edit: And I have a new Windows BT directory, with the installer files for Fall update. I am worried if i download again the full update i would not have enough space for installing them.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9. f14tomcat's Avatar
    Posts : 36,319
    Triple boot - Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Pro Insider (2) - (and a sprinkling of VMs)
       18 Oct 2017 #288

    sygnus21 said: View Post
    It's still nagware to me. Has nothing to do with updating. I did the update. I just didn't need to be nagged every time I clicked the start menu. Nagware.

    Anyway update did on desktop, no issue noticed (yet). Same with laptop, all good thus far.
    I can see where it would be nagging seeing you've already done the update, install and all, and it still pops up when going to Start Menu. That's odd. First time I've seen that posted.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  10.    18 Oct 2017 #289

    f14tomcat said: View Post
    I can see where it would be nagging seeing you've already done the update, install and all, and it still pops up when going to Start Menu. That's odd. First time I've seen that posted.
    To be clear, the nagware was there before the update. I just didn't like it popping up every time I went to do something. That was the complaint. Once the update was done, so was the nagware. All is good :)
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 29 of 38 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Related Threads
Source: Build 2017: Sparking the next wave of creativity with the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update - Windows Experience Blog
Read more: Microsoft will call Windows 10's next update the 'Autumn Creators Update' in the UK | Windows Central Update: The Windows 10 Autumn Creators Update will be called 'Fall Creators Update' after all | Windows Central
Source: What's new in Windows Defender ATP Fall Creators Update Windows Security
Source: Windows 10 Creators Update coming April 11, Surface expands to more markets - Windows Experience Blog See also: Windows 10 Creators Update available through Media Creation Tool and Update Assistant - - Windows 10 Forums Managing...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:13.
Find Us