Windows 10 Fall Creators Update coming October 17th 2017

Page 28 of 38 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 93
    Windows 10
       #270

    davidhk said:
    In the Cortana search box, type system protection > at the pop up box, click Create a restore point.

    Attachment 158693


    Thanks! I used to go to My computer and click on system proprieties and I could find this very place you said to go :)

    Don't know if i's system proprieties is the exact name since I'm using it in Portuguese but anyway thanks for the help!
      My Computer

  2. bo elam's Avatar
    Posts : 635
    Windows 10 Home
       #271

    davidhk said:
    It is turned off by the new update.
    Hi David. For me, System restore was not turned off by the update but old System restore points were deleted, and a new one was created immediately before the update.

    Bo
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 93
    Windows 10
       #272

    Yeah thanks guys for all the help regarding system restore :)

    Also mine was not disabled either!
      My Computer

  4. davidhk's Avatar
    Posts : 5,433
    windows 10 Pro ver 20H2 build 19042.867
       #273

    bo elam said:
    Hi David. For me, System restore was not turned off by the update but old System restore points were deleted, and a new one was created immediately before the update.

    Bo
    Needhelpwithwin said:
    Yeah thanks guys for all the help regarding system restore :)

    Also mine was not disabled either!
    The member I initially replied to has build 16299.15 installed. System Protection is turned off.
    It does not apply to build 16299.19.



    ****adding....... My replies were based on what had happened to me today.
    I installed build 16299.15. System Protection was turned off.
    A few hours later, I checked the Windows Update , found KB4043961, installed build16299.19. System Protect remined active.
      My Computer

  5. Steve C's Avatar
    Posts : 6,286
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
       #274

    AndrewDG62 said:
    I wonder what problems this update is going to deliver?
    Anniversary update - I lost autoplay.
    Creators update - I got back partial autoplay and lost automatic update checking.

    Perhaps if MS fixed things under the hood first before offering features many people won't even use.

    I can wait a while yet for this new update to see what issues other people will experience.
    Indeed - I like being one release behind to give MS chance to iron out the worst of the bugs. I just updated to the CU :)
      My Computers

  6. Wiley Coyote's Avatar
    Posts : 1,097
    Windows 10 Home x64 Version 1809 (OS Build 17763.437)
       #275

    Both "C:" and "Image" were turned off. Other than that I can't find a problem.

    Anybody know if this update fixed whatever the Oct 10 update did to the sleep/wake process?
      My Computer

  7. bo elam's Avatar
    Posts : 635
    Windows 10 Home
       #276

    davidhk said:
    The member I initially replied to has build 16299.15 installed. System Protection is turned off.
    It does not apply to build 16299.19.



    ****adding....... My replies were based on what had happened to me today.
    I installed build 16299.15. System Protection was turned off.
    A few hours later, I checked the Windows Update , found KB4043961, installed build16299.19. System Protect remined active.
    Perhaps the way this works is kind of random. I remember when I upgraded to Creators, after the update, System restore was disabled and all System restore points were deleted. With this update, all points got deleted but a new point was created before installing 16299.19.

    Bo
      My Computer

  8. Debbie's Avatar
    Posts : 92
    W10 Home/W10 Pro
       #277

    Brilliant! I've just found a new way to get rid of the 'Windows.old' file which is a lot faster than Disk Cleanup....

    Settings/System/Storage/Storage Sense/Change how we free up space

    Although it tells you it will delete it after 10 days automatically! If this was available before I never noticed it.
      My Computer

  9. cereberus's Avatar
    Posts : 12,013
    Windows10
       #278

    Steve C said:
    Indeed - I like being one release behind to give MS chance to iron out the worst of the bugs. I just updated to the CU :)
    Except it does not work like that - many existing bugs in CU are now fixed in FCU.
      My Computer

  10. sygnus21's Avatar
    Posts : 5,342
    Win 10 Pro (x64) 20H2 (19042.906)
       #279

    Debbie said:
    Brilliant! I've just found a new way to get rid of the 'Windows.old' file which is a lot faster than Disk Cleanup....

    Settings/System/Storage/Storage Sense/Change how we free up space

    Although it tells you it will delete it after 10 days automatically! If this was available before I never noticed it.
    Storage Sense was there before. I'm looking at it right now on my non updated desktop....

    Windows 10 Fall Creators Update coming October 17th 2017-storage-sense.jpg

    And I know it was there when I bought my Lenovo Laptop in June, before the spring/summer Creator update. What has been added to "Windows Settings" is......

    Cortana - where you can set language and permissions, and Phone.
    Phone - Where you can link your Android or iPhone device to PC
      My Computers


 
Page 28 of 38 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:17.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums