Windows 10: Windows 10 Fall Creators Update coming October 17th 2017

Page 27 of 38 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 66
    Windows 10 Home (x64) Version 1803 (build 17134.165)
       17 Oct 2017 #260

    Fall update Windows 10 ......... 1709 (OS Build 16299.15 ................... took about 2 hrs. but finally up & going !!
    Chuck
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2. davidhk's Avatar
    Posts : 5,209
    windows 10 Home threshold2
       17 Oct 2017 #261

    flashh4 said: View Post
    Fall update Windows 10 ......... 1709 (OS Build 16299.15 ................... took about 2 hrs. but finally up & going !!
    Chuck
    Just a reminder......
    Make sure you re-configure your system protection and create a new restore point for the new build.
    It is turned off by the new update.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    17 Oct 2017 #262

    Installed now. Works good, its seems
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    17 Oct 2017 #263

    davidhk said: View Post
    Just a reminder......
    Make sure you re-configure your system protection and create a new restore point for the new build.
    It is turned off by the new update.
    How can I find the option to create system restore points? I can't even find it anymore
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5. davidhk's Avatar
    Posts : 5,209
    windows 10 Home threshold2
       17 Oct 2017 #264

    Needhelpwithwin said: View Post
    How can I find the option to create system restore points? I can't even find it anymore
    In the Cortana search box, type system protection > at the pop up box, click Create a restore point.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	system protection.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	50.8 KB 
ID:	158693
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails system protection.jpg  
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6. WEKJR's Avatar
    Posts : 229
    Win7 SP1 Ultimate and Win10 17763.1 64bit Pro
       17 Oct 2017 #265

    Needhelpwithwin said: View Post
    How can I find the option to create system restore points? I can't even find it anymore
    Open the Start Icon and type System Restore and run it. Good luck.

    WEK
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  7. Brink's Avatar
    Posts : 32,336
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 18242
    Thread Starter
       17 Oct 2017 #266

    Needhelpwithwin said: View Post
    How can I find the option to create system restore points? I can't even find it anymore
    Hello @Needhelpwithwin, :)

    Here you go: Create System Restore Point in Windows 10 Performance Maintenance Tutorials

    Be sure to also look at the related tutorials links at the bottom of the tutorial for some more options if you like.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  8.    17 Oct 2017 #267

    davidhk said: View Post
    Just a reminder......
    Make sure you re-configure your system protection and create a new restore point for the new build.
    It is turned off by the new update.
    That’s good advice. I am not impressed that they turn that off by default . Illogical as it’s a very essential function and has helped me numerous times in past
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9. davidhk's Avatar
    Posts : 5,209
    windows 10 Home threshold2
       17 Oct 2017 #268

    davidhk said: View Post
    In the Cortana search box, type system protection > at the pop up box, click Create a restore point.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	system protection.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	50.8 KB 
ID:	158693
    An old fashioned way will be......

    Go to Control Panel > top right, click View by > click small or large > click Recovery > click Configure system restore.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10.    17 Oct 2017 #269

    I updated to 1709 using the Upgrade assistant, all looking good. FCU feels solid, it might even be better than Creators, and Creators was very stable for me. I can immediately tell there are things that are better, for example, I find Libre Office opening faster than with previous versions of W10 or W7. I also find that I am not getting a Warning that I used to get sometimes when plugin a flash drive. And the laptop produces less errors and warnings during reboots than before. I am very happy with this update.

    Bo
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 27 of 38 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Related Threads
Source: Build 2017: Sparking the next wave of creativity with the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update - Windows Experience Blog
Read more: Microsoft will call Windows 10's next update the 'Autumn Creators Update' in the UK | Windows Central Update: The Windows 10 Autumn Creators Update will be called 'Fall Creators Update' after all | Windows Central
Source: What's new in Windows Defender ATP Fall Creators Update Windows Security
Source: Windows 10 Creators Update coming April 11, Surface expands to more markets - Windows Experience Blog See also: Windows 10 Creators Update available through Media Creation Tool and Update Assistant - - Windows 10 Forums Managing...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:31.
Find Us