Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Skip Ahead Build 16353 for PC Insider

Page 12 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
  1. BugMeister's Avatar
    Posts : 3,954
    64-bit Win10 Pro Insider Build 19569
       #110

    Wynona said:
    Sure, but I'm not in a position to keep more than one computer updated at the moment.

    We're waiting for our Internet speed to be updated, but we've had three techs out and each time, the speed goes in the wrong direction. So, until AT&T gets its act together, I have to conserve bandwidth. Each time a new Build comes up, I have to wait until about 8:00 my time to update.
    - hey, Wynona, make sure they don't bill you for that..
    - in fact, you might strike a deal for the hardship they caused you..
      My Computers

  2. f14tomcat's Avatar
    Posts : 53,139
    Multi-boot Windows 10 - RTM, RP, Beta, and Insider
       #111

    magilla said:
    Well, I suppose the Devine Intelligence is telling me to stay away from this Skippy build. I started to change to Skippy, the current version of windows decided I needed a new driver for my internet, it installed it and apparently did not complete the install, now I have no internet connection on that build, tried to start it in recovery mode, rebooted and now it won't even start in recovery mode. So, now I get to test the UUPtoISO disk for 278 and reinstall that partition. GRRRRRR All the programs I had on that disk will be history for sure. Oh, well. Such is life.
    use your 278 ISO and do in-place instead of clean.
      My Computers

  3. magilla's Avatar
    Posts : 3,118
    Windows 10 and windows insider
       #112

    f14tomcat said:
    use your 278 ISO and do in-place instead of clean.
    Can't do an in place when you can't get to the program -- I changed to safe start and when I rebooted, would not go into this drive at all. Just sat there and did nothing, so nothing else to do except a full install. Thanks for your help @f14tomcat. Do I need to do anything else after I run the instructions that @brink has on his signup page? I want this to be on Skippy. I am totally installed now and the 278 I made from UUPISO worked fine.
      My Computer

  4. f14tomcat's Avatar
    Posts : 53,139
    Multi-boot Windows 10 - RTM, RP, Beta, and Insider
       #113

    magilla said:
    Can't do an in place when you can't get to the program -- I changed to safe start and when I rebooted, would not go into this drive at all. Just sat there and did nothing, so nothing else to do except a full install. Thanks for your help @f14tomcat. Do I need to do anything else after I run the instructions that @brink has on his signup page? I want this to be on Skippy. I am totally installed now and the 278 I made from UUPISO worked fine.
    From what I understand, if you are now on 278, you're on RS3_Release. Skippy is closed. I don't think you can get there from here. Only other option I can think of is get a 16353 RS_PreRelease ISO, and clean install it.
      My Computers

  5. magilla's Avatar
    Posts : 3,118
    Windows 10 and windows insider
       #114

    f14tomcat said:
    From what I understand, if you are now on 278, you're on RS3_Release. Skippy is closed. I don't think you can get there from here. Only other option I can think of is get a 16353 RS_PreRelease ISO, and clean install it.
    Oh, I thought there was a work around that allowed you to be on skippy. Well, so much for that idea! Thanks, @tomcat for your help and info.
      My Computer

  6. f14tomcat's Avatar
    Posts : 53,139
    Multi-boot Windows 10 - RTM, RP, Beta, and Insider
       #115

    magilla said:
    Oh, I thought there was a work around that allowed you to be on skippy. Well, so much for that idea! Thanks, @tomcat for your help and info.
    Oh, That! Ask @Kari, it's a .reg thing and I don't know what it is. Sorry.
      My Computers

  7. magilla's Avatar
    Posts : 3,118
    Windows 10 and windows insider
       #116

    f14tomcat said:
    Oh, That! Ask @Kari, it's a .reg thing and I don't know what it is. Sorry.
    O.k. I know Brink has a registry 'thing' in his signup info so I guess that I thought it was same as Kari's -- well, it won't be long until the skippy is no longer functional -- after October release of new build. I'll survive.
      My Computer

  8. martyfelker's Avatar
    Posts : 2,436
    Windows Insider Fast Ring LatestKUuuntu 20.10
       #117

    Brink said:
    Hey @martyfelker, :)

    Here's how you can find the feedback you submitted in the Feedback Hub.

    Attachment 151428
    Thank you!
      My Computers


  9. Posts : 5,834
    Dual boot Windows 10 FCU Pro x 64 & current Insider 10 Pro
       #118

    magilla said:
    O.k. I know Brink has a registry 'thing' in his signup info so I guess that I thought it was same as Kari's -- well, it won't be long until the skippy is no longer functional -- after October release of new build. I'll survive.
    I think this is what you're looking for.

    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16353 for PC (Skip Ahead) Insider - Page 4 - Windows 10 Forums
      My Computers


  10. Posts : 282
    win 7 8 10
       #119

    i did the registry thing and had no problem on going from 16278 to16353. I thought I had always been on skip ahead but wasn't.

    Skip Ahead to Next Release for Windows 10 Insiders in Fast Ring Windows 10 Windows Update Activation Tutorials
      My Computer


 
Page 12 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:14.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums