Windows 10: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Slow Build 16278 for PC Insider

Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
  1.    30 Aug 2017 #140

    f14tomcat said: View Post
    Would be nice.....but don't bet the beer money. Another handful of necessary itchy buggy things fixed and off for the Labor Day l o n g weekend. I hope I'm wrong.
    They could release both - they have the technology.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  2. f14tomcat's Avatar
    Posts : 36,378
    Triple boot - Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Pro Insider (2) - (and a sprinkling of VMs)
       30 Aug 2017 #141

    24c said: View Post
    They could release both - they have the technology.
    Sounds like the open line of The Six Million Dollar Man! :)

    Yes, they do. Did it last Wednesday.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  3. Fisher Mann's Avatar
    Posts : 310
    Win 10 Pro x64 17133.1 Slow
       30 Aug 2017 #142

    f14tomcat said: View Post
    Would be nice.....but don't bet the beer money. Another handful of necessary itchy buggy things fixed and off for the Labor Day l o n g weekend. I hope I'm wrong.
    I actually took Dona at her word of mainly Fast Ring for a while. I think we will see another Fast Ring by the weekend, as time is getting short for them. Beer money says a Skippy next Wednesday
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  4.    30 Aug 2017 #143

    HippsieGypsie said: View Post
    The no-name Favorites bar icons can be quickly changed by means of a right click context menu. Just as with all UWP apps Edge is in development and gets added features. All UWP apps will always be in development just as any software. That's why they have updates.

    Just as with all apps, there's pros and cons. I have absolutely no problems with Edge. Get around fine in it and it is quick.


    Attachment 151155
    No, you can't rename an icon via the context menu if names are switched off. It's either all names or all no-names. I thought you were onto something there but no.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5. martyfelker's Avatar
    Posts : 1,543
    Triple Boot Windows 10 IP Build 17711/Windows Server 2019 IP Build 17692/Debian Unsttable
       30 Aug 2017 #144

    Fisher Mann said: View Post
    I actually took Dona at her word of mainly Fast Ring for a while. I think we will see another Fast Ring by the weekend, as time is getting short for them. Beer money says a Skippy next Wednesday
    The best way I know is to pay attention to the rs4 builds on buildfeed.net. So far 16353 is still the build to watch. I'm curious to know if there is any link to a leak 17000 but not curious enough to spend time looking for it.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  6. slicendice's Avatar
    Posts : 3,443
    Windows 10 Pro x64 v1803 Build 17134.228 (Branch: RS4 Release Preview)
       31 Aug 2017 #145

    Favorites bar in Edge with both long names and no names working great here. no issues at all. Only problem I have is the glitchy rendering engine that tries to save resources causing items to disappear from the screen.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  7.    31 Aug 2017 #146

    slicendice said: View Post
    Favorites bar in Edge with both long names and no names working great here. no issues at all. Only problem I have is the glitchy rendering engine that tries to save resources causing items to disappear from the screen.
    That has got to be weird as my Edge is either names or no names but no mixture. How can there be two behaviours???
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8. slicendice's Avatar
    Posts : 3,443
    Windows 10 Pro x64 v1803 Build 17134.228 (Branch: RS4 Release Preview)
       31 Aug 2017 #147

    linw said: View Post
    That has got to be weird as my Edge is either names or no names but no mixture. How can there be two behaviours???
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fav_bar_with_icons_n_text.png 
Views:	5 
Size:	219.9 KB 
ID:	151185

    EDIT: I see now that my previous post can be a bit confusing. What I meant to say is that icons always show, both when I have enabled the names and when they are disabled. Works as intended.
    Last edited by slicendice; 31 Aug 2017 at 06:15. Reason: Added more information for clarity
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  9. slicendice's Avatar
    Posts : 3,443
    Windows 10 Pro x64 v1803 Build 17134.228 (Branch: RS4 Release Preview)
       31 Aug 2017 #148

    linw said: View Post
    No, you can't rename an icon via the context menu if names are switched off. It's either all names or all no-names. I thought you were onto something there but no.
    Yes you can rename items with and without the names enabled.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	edge_fav_rename.png 
Views:	53 
Size:	32.5 KB 
ID:	151186

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	edge_fav_rename_2.png 
Views:	53 
Size:	28.4 KB 
ID:	151187
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  10. Posts : 37,567
    Dual boot Windows 10 FCU Pro x 64 & current Insider 10 Pro
       31 Aug 2017 #149

    linw said: View Post
    No, you can't rename an icon via the context menu if names are switched off. It's either all names or all no-names. I thought you were onto something there but no.
    Ok. Let me rephrase it > The no-name Favorites bar icons can be quickly changed switched to include names by means of a right click context menu.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


 
Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Related Threads
900402809685721088 900405174786695168 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16273 for PC - Windows Experience Blog How to Start or Stop Receiving Insider Builds in Windows 10
883370827718172672 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16237 for PC - Windows Experience Blog How to Start or Stop Receiving Insider Builds in Windows 10
Read more: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16232 PC + 15228 Mobile Insider - Windows 10 Forums 883408218176618496 How to Start or Stop Receiving Insider Builds in Windows 10 How to Choose Your Insider Ring Level on your...
784439136002375681 784446397466681344 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14942 for PC | Windows Experience Blog How to Start or Stop Receiving Insider Builds in Windows 10
783714051293646850 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14931 for PC to Insiders in the Slow ring - Feedback Hub See also: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14931 for PC Download Insider Build 14931 ISO:...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:38.
Find Us