Windows 10: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Slow Build 16278 for PC Insider

Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
  1.    30 Aug 2017 #100

    Wynona said: View Post
    Yes, I feel the same about Edge, but with every new Build, I need to test it, just because I'm testing Windows 10 and it's a part of it.
    Hmmm, wonder if they have an EA in my neck of the woods? :)
    Oh I test it, same way I used to test whiskey in my youth. Take a swig, if I like it ,I drink it, if not ,I spit it out. I now have an "Edge Spitoon" right next to my computer desk.

    IMO the 2 things MS has dropped that ball on big time is releasing Edge in the condition it was is in and the Windows Phone.

    Ford had the EDsel and now MS has EDge....very interesting!
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 38,043
    Dual boot Windows 10 FCU Pro x 64 & current Insider 10 Pro
       30 Aug 2017 #101

    24c said: View Post
    I checked the fact that Edge, like several of my ex-wives, just ain't worth the effort. Every new build I look at it, swear at it, then get rid of it. I am going to an EA meeting tonight (Edge Anonymous). Found a local one using Google search.
    Ah, but you may run into an ex there.

    On the serious side, I think I'm seeing a pattern here. Those of you that install a different browser (Chrome in your case) seem to have problems with Edge. Those of us that don't, do not. Not to say that should be an issue. Just saying that’s what I’m seeing. This is not an infinitive scenario. Again, just saying.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  3.    30 Aug 2017 #102

    HippsieGypsie said: View Post
    Ah, but you may run into an ex there.
    On the serious side, I think I'm seeing a pattern here. Those of you that install a different browser (Chrome in your case) seem to have problems with Edge. Those of us that don't, do not. Not to say that should be an issue. Just saying thatís what Iím seeing. This is not an infinitive scenario. Again, just saying.
    You think Chrome is undermining Edge somehow? I do not have a KB large enough to know these things, but if I were come up with a theory, I'd say Edge undermined Chrome. After all, Chrome is an intruder in Edge's home.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 215
    Win7 SP1 Ultimate and Win10 17741.1000 64bit Pro
       30 Aug 2017 #103

    OT Houston Update


    Thanks much for all the kind words for the Houstonians. I live about 40 miles north of the city in The Woodlands and up here it is drying out. Down town is still in rescue mode.

    Thanks much.

    WEK
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 20,768
    Windows 10 Skip Ahead Preview Build 18204
       30 Aug 2017 #104

    24c said: View Post
    You think Chrome is undermining Edge somehow? I do not have a KB large enough to know these things, but if I were come up with a theory, I'd say Edge undermined Chrome. After all, Chrome is an intruder in Edge's home.
    If I had to guess, I'd say that neither undermined the other. Both Firefox and Chrome have been around long enough that we know they're solid (according to who ya ask) and Microsoft has long since stopped making it hard for other products to work with its own browser.

    When you stop to think on it, there's Microsoft Office 365 (and standalone) that's compatible with Libre Office and Google Docs; OneDrive that's compatible with Google's cloud and several others. I could go on with the list, but bottom line is that neither Microsoft nor third parties interfere with each others' products.

    Yep, there may be a bug or three that makes us kick and scream, but most likely, it's not going to be because there are two similar apps installed on the same machine.

    I was having problems with Edge not recognizing my imported bookmarks until I removed every one of them from Edge and then did a clean importation from Firefox. Now I can add new bookmarks and go to all imported ones too.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 20,768
    Windows 10 Skip Ahead Preview Build 18204
       30 Aug 2017 #105

    WEKJR said: View Post
    Thanks much for all the kind words for the Houstonians. I live about 40 miles north of the city in The Woodlands and up here it is drying out. Down town is still in rescue mode.

    Thanks much.

    WEK
    I have a house in Livingston that I was pretty worried about, but it seems everything's OK for now. Although, the further North Harvey goes, the more chances of more rain. Lufkin got pounded pretty badly and it's about 45 miles from Livingston.

    My daughter's stuck in Houston, but so far is OK.

    To get back on track, how is Build 16278 treating you, WEK?
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 215
    Win7 SP1 Ultimate and Win10 17741.1000 64bit Pro
       30 Aug 2017 #106

    Wynona said: View Post
    I have a house in Livingston that I was pretty worried about, but it seems everything's OK for now. Although, the further North Harvey goes, the more chances of more rain. Lufkin got pounded pretty badly and it's about 45 miles from Livingston.

    My daughter's stuck in Houston, but so far is OK.



    To get back on track, how is Build 16278 treating you, WEK?

    Wynona, 16278 is just purring along with no trouble. The download went just fine.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 38,043
    Dual boot Windows 10 FCU Pro x 64 & current Insider 10 Pro
       30 Aug 2017 #107

    24c said: View Post
    You think Chrome is undermining Edge somehow? I do not have a KB large enough to know these things, but if I were come up with a theory, I'd say Edge undermined Chrome. After all, Chrome is an intruder in Edge's home.
    As any OS is concerned, neither should be intruding on the other. Like I said, it's not an infinitive scenario. Just saying that I've noticed a pattern is all. First, we're dealing with prereleases. It could be that Edge doesn't load correctly for some for all we know. Not blaming one or the other. I will say, though, that I've seen Chrome mess up an OS upgrade more than once. Again, not saying that it's the Chrome install that should cause it and be blamed. Just reporting facts.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  9. Posts : 20,768
    Windows 10 Skip Ahead Preview Build 18204
       30 Aug 2017 #108

    WEKJR said: View Post
    Wynona, 16278 is just purring along with no trouble. The download went just fine.
    Same here, WEK. I started the download about 9:00 PM last night, and then went to bed. When I got up this morning, it was all installed and waiting for me. :)

    I still need to figure out exactly what Edge will do for me. So far, from preliminary tests, it's faster than FF and Chrome, with FF coming in a close second. Speed isn't always everything, though.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  10. Posts : 32
    Windows 10 1703 Build 16179.10000
       30 Aug 2017 #109

    Installing 16278 was a breeze, as many have already noted - 40 minutes from Restart Now to PIN entry. I'm used to 2-3 hours for that phase. Now on to testing!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Build16278.PNG 
Views:	60 
Size:	19.2 KB 
ID:	151102
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Related Threads
900402809685721088 900405174786695168 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16273 for PC - Windows Experience Blog How to Start or Stop Receiving Insider Builds in Windows 10
883370827718172672 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16237 for PC - Windows Experience Blog How to Start or Stop Receiving Insider Builds in Windows 10
Read more: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16232 PC + 15228 Mobile Insider - Windows 10 Forums 883408218176618496 How to Start or Stop Receiving Insider Builds in Windows 10 How to Choose Your Insider Ring Level on your...
784439136002375681 784446397466681344 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14942 for PC | Windows Experience Blog How to Start or Stop Receiving Insider Builds in Windows 10
783714051293646850 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14931 for PC to Insiders in the Slow ring - Feedback Hub See also: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14931 for PC Download Insider Build 14931 ISO:...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:31.
Find Us