Windows 10: New WinDbg available in preview for Windows 10

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

  1. Posts : 12,968
    Windows 10 Pro
       28 Aug 2017 #11

    f14tomcat said: View Post
    Am I reading this wrong?
    As you can see by the checkmarks, your system passes the requirements. I guess x86 is here used to describe processor family more than bit architecture, any x86 capable processor (capable to run Win32 apps) can run WinDbg.

    The 64 bit architecture is sometimes told by Microsoft and other major players as x86-64: x86-64 - Wikipedia

    No worries, it can be run on 64 bit Windows, too.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 29,019
    Triple boot - Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Pro Insider (2) - (and a sprinkling of VMs)
       28 Aug 2017 #12

    Kari said: View Post
    As you can see by the checkmarks, your system passes the requirements. I guess x86 is here used to describe processor family more than bit architecture, any x86 capable processor (capable to run Win32 apps) can run WinDbg.

    The 64 bit architecture is sometimes told by Microsoft and other major players as x86-64: x86-64 - Wikipedia

    No worries, it can be run on 64 bit Windows, too.
    Thanks, just a bit semantically jolting!
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 33,861
    Dual boot Windows 10 FCU Pro x 64 & Insider 10 Pro
       28 Aug 2017 #13

    Kari said: View Post
    As you can see by the checkmarks, your system passes the requirements. I guess x86 is here used to describe processor family more than bit architecture, any x86 capable processor (capable to run Win32 apps) can run WinDbg.

    The 64 bit architecture is sometimes told by Microsoft and other major players as x86-64: x86-64 - Wikipedia

    No worries, it can be run on 64 bit Windows, too.
    Thanks again, Kari. Had me worried. The way they went about describing x86 and x64 architecture of CPU vs OS is confusing IMO.

    So then the Store is reading our PC info and reporting that it either passes or fails in the right hand column.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 12,968
    Windows 10 Pro
       28 Aug 2017 #14

    HippsieGypsie said: View Post
    Thanks again, Kari. Had me worried. The way they went about describing x86 and x64 architecture of CPU vs OS is confusing IMO.

    So then the Store is reading our PC info and reporting that it either passes or fails in the right hand column.
    Always check the minimum requirements; if all list items have been checked, your hardware passed and can run the app.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.png 
Views:	39 
Size:	75.2 KB 
ID:	150836
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 10,789
    Windows 10 Pro X64
       07 Oct 2017 #15

    I just checked the store again, it is now available
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 33,861
    Dual boot Windows 10 FCU Pro x 64 & Insider 10 Pro
       07 Oct 2017 #16

    Dude said: View Post
    I just checked the store again, it is now available
    Thanks, Doug! Got it.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Related Threads
winDbg report after BSOD in BSOD Crashes and Debugging
REPORT: Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!FsRtlNotifyFilterReportChange+122 ) Background: ... ran chkdsk ... verified all drivers up to date ... ran memtest86+-5.01 ... AVG indicates virus free ... reinstalled win 10 ... PC is ancient...
WinDbg error in BSOD Crashes and Debugging
For some reason, I can't debug using WinDbg. This error pops up whenever I debug my minidump files. I can confirm that the files are not corrupted, as I posted them here in this forum and the problem got troubleshooted. I have attached my...
Solved WinDbg error. in Software and Apps
Hi, I'm quite active on the BSOD subforum of Sevenforums and recently I've been having a small issue with WinDbg and I tried to fix it but it didn't work. It has something to do with symbols and its path has somehow gotten a bit messy. 59847 ...
Solved Need Help with setting up Windbg in BSOD Crashes and Debugging
I seem to be suffering from a severe lack of knowledge and experience in this area. I am trying to read dump file created by Windows 10 but keep seeing errors about ntoskrnl.exe and symbol errors. I have gone through the tutorial by Golden. I...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:09.
Find Us