Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Fast & Skip Build 16273 for PC Insider

Page 16 of 31 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
  1. dencal's Avatar
    Posts : 2,853
    W10 Pro + W10 Preview
       24 Aug 2017 #150

    CountMike said: View Post
    Lol, why ? We drink all but water !
    Alright then.....in your case infected blood going by your avatar.:)
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  2.    24 Aug 2017 #151

    dencal said: View Post
    Alright then.....in your case infected blood going by your avatar.:)
    I'll just fly away from that one.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 137
    10 Pro 16299.248 64 Bit
       24 Aug 2017 #152

    hey guys is it just me or did the lines between rs3 and rs4 get blurred? i have seen articles by sites i trust claiming the build number i thought was rs4 is now rs3. thanks
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4. f14tomcat's Avatar
    Posts : 38,285
    Triple boot - Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Pro Insider (2) - (and a sprinkling of VMs)
       24 Aug 2017 #153

    xXWhackerXx said: View Post
    hey guys is it just me or did the lines between rs3 and rs4 get blurred? i have seen articles by sites i trust claiming the build number i thought was rs4 is now rs3. thanks
    What's gonna come out as Fall Creators is RS3_Release, future RS4 is currently called RS_Prerelease. Clear as mud, right! :)
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  5. slicendice's Avatar
    Posts : 3,679
    Windows 10 Pro x64 v1809 Build 17763.134 (Branch: RS5 Release Preview)
       24 Aug 2017 #154

    xXWhackerXx said: View Post
    hey guys is it just me or did the lines between rs3 and rs4 get blurred? i have seen articles by sites i trust claiming the build number i thought was rs4 is now rs3. thanks
    f14tomcat said: View Post
    What's gonna come out as Fall Creators is RS3_Release, future RS4 is currently called RS_Prerelease. Clear as mud, right! :)
    Only real difference currently between the 2 is how they are configured. RS3_Release keeps your inbox apps mostly untouched during upgrade, while RS_Prerelease updates all your inbox apps to the latest prerelease versions. At some point the RS_Prerelease will jump to 17xxx builds while RS3_Release will be stuck at one final 16xxx build and we will only see revision updates that will only fix bugs and round rough edges.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  6. f14tomcat's Avatar
    Posts : 38,285
    Triple boot - Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Pro Insider (2) - (and a sprinkling of VMs)
       24 Aug 2017 #155

    slicendice said: View Post
    Only real difference currently between the 2 is how they are configured. RS3_Release keeps your inbox apps mostly untouched during upgrade, while RS_Prerelease updates all your inbox apps to the latest prerelease versions. At some point the RS_Prerelease will jump to 17xxx builds while RS3_Release will be stuck at one final 16xxx build and we will only see revision updates that will only fix bugs and round rough edges.
    Did you see this? No idea if it's true or not.

    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Fast Build 16273 for PC Insider - Page 15 - Windows 10 Forums
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  7. AndreTen's Avatar
    Posts : 15,563
    Windows 10 (Pro and Insider Pro)
       24 Aug 2017 #156

    slicendice said: View Post
    Only real difference currently between the 2 is how they are configured. RS3_Release keeps your inbox apps mostly untouched during upgrade, while RS_Prerelease updates all your inbox apps to the latest prerelease versions. At some point the RS_Prerelease will jump to 17xxx builds while RS3_Release will be stuck at one final 16xxx build and we will only see revision updates that will only fix bugs and round rough edges.
    that's not how I understood Dona's statement... After FU is released, both ways will merge again. They just changed naming from before, where fast rings was the same as skippy today, and instead of driving fast and slow ring toward release, we were having "release preview" or something..
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  8. slicendice's Avatar
    Posts : 3,679
    Windows 10 Pro x64 v1809 Build 17763.134 (Branch: RS5 Release Preview)
       24 Aug 2017 #157

    AndreTen said: View Post
    that's not how I understood Dona's statement... After FU is released, both ways will merge again. They just changed naming from before, where fast rings was the same as skippy today, and instead of driving fast and slow ring toward release, we were having "release preview" or something..
    Yes, next fast ring and current skippy will merge once FU is released. But we are talking about the builds right now, and should not go ahead of ourselves. There is NO real difference in the bits between the 2 at the moment except for some configurations and the inbox app versions. :)
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  9. f14tomcat's Avatar
    Posts : 38,285
    Triple boot - Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Pro Insider (2) - (and a sprinkling of VMs)
       24 Aug 2017 #158

    AndreTen said: View Post
    that's not how I understood Dona's statement... After FU is released, both ways will merge again. They just changed naming from before, where fast rings was the same as skippy today, and instead of driving fast and slow ring toward release, we were having "release preview" or something..
    Was just referring to the 17xxx or not.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  10. slicendice's Avatar
    Posts : 3,679
    Windows 10 Pro x64 v1809 Build 17763.134 (Branch: RS5 Release Preview)
       24 Aug 2017 #159

    Yeah, I think they are staying on 16xxx while there still is no significant changes in the OS core. I see this as the preparation phase for rearranging some bits before they start working on 17xxx builds (RS4) for real.

    With rearranging I mean things like removing deprecated stuff.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


 
Page 16 of 31 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Related Threads
Update August 29th 2017: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16278 for PC Insider - Windows 10 Forums 901158844440629248 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16275 for PC Build 15245 for Mobile - Windows...
Update August 23rd 2017: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Fast Build 16273 for PC Insider - Windows 10 Forums 892868245492858880 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16257 for PC Build 15237 for Mobile - Windows...
883370827718172672 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16237 for PC - Windows Experience Blog How to Start or Stop Receiving Insider Builds in Windows 10
784439136002375681 784446397466681344 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14942 for PC | Windows Experience Blog How to Start or Stop Receiving Insider Builds in Windows 10
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:07.
Find Us