Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
  1.    28 Jul 2015 #81
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 6
    Windows 10 Professional x64

    Just ran updates on my build 10240. It says I'm up to date. My system is activated and running perfectly. It looks like I'm online with the new release. COOL!
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    28 Jul 2015 #82
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Manchester CT
    Posts : 361
    Windows 10 Fast Ring

    Quote Originally Posted by Lance1 View Post
    Just ran updates on my build 10240. It says I'm up to date. My system is activated and running perfectly. It looks like I'm online with the new release. COOL!
    But where is your Windows 10 license key? "If this is a consular ship, where is the ambassador?"
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    28 Jul 2015 #83
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Manchester CT
    Posts : 361
    Windows 10 Fast Ring

    Strange. Directory Opus will report both the size of contents of the folder on the disk and how large the file is when it is unpacked from a zipped format. When I first checked, it was 3.32GB on disk, and 5.63GB in folder. NOW, it is reporting 5.36GB on disk and 5.63GB in folder. Apparently, the folder is unpacking itself after the download to get ready for the install.

    EDIT Heh, just checked again. Now it is 5.52GB in folder and 5.86GB ON DISK. It's taking over my HTPC Win 8.1 computer! My Win10 machine is quiet.
    Last edited by John Pombrio; 28 Jul 2015 at 19:44.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    28 Jul 2015 #84
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 6
    Windows 10 Professional x64

    Quote Originally Posted by John Pombrio View Post
    Strange. Directory Opus will report both the size of contents of the folder on the disk and how large the file is when it is unpacked from a zipped format. When I first checked, it was 3.32GB on disk, and 5.63GB in folder. NOW, it is reporting 5.36GB on disk and 5.63GB in folder. Apparently, the folder is unpacking itself after the download to get ready for the install.

    EDIT Heh, just checked again. Now it is 5.52GB in folder and 5.86GB ON DISK. It's taking over my Win 8.1 computer!
    I have "O" Activity running on my system. Very little CPU Use, Very little Ram Use.. I'm running clean! But I am an insider and have 10240 with all updates in.

    And Your Updating from 8.1.... I'm already there, and your trying to get there. That's why.


    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.png 
Views:	18 
Size:	20.8 KB 
ID:	26410
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    28 Jul 2015 #85
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Posts : 480
    Windows 10

    I'm having a great day, my two Windows Insider computers are both crashing while downloading stuff, one while downloading KB3074683, the other while going from 10162 to 10240, maybe insiders aren't allowed to turn on their computers today.

    Ive been waiting patiently for so long and now this happens.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    28 Jul 2015 #86
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 21
    WIN. 10 Home 10586.104

    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    I'm having a great day, my two Windows Insider computers are both crashing while downloading stuff, one while downloading KB3074683, the other while going from 10162 to 10240, maybe insiders aren't allowed to turn on their computers today.

    Ive been waiting patiently for so long and now this happens.
    i updated from 10166 to 10240 about 4 hrs ago with no issues
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    28 Jul 2015 #87
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 73
    Windows

    I'm on W10 TP 10162, not an Insider, and don't have any M$ accounts attached, when will I get the upgrade?

    Has anyone with a similar set-up received the upgrade?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    28 Jul 2015 #88
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 777
    Windows 10 Pro x64 Build 17046

    Quote Originally Posted by nosecureboot View Post
    I'm on W10 TP 10162, not an Insider, and don't have any M$ accounts attached, when will I get the upgrade?

    Has anyone with a similar set-up received the upgrade?
    Not me, but maybe if you read enough of our forums you will figure out!
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    28 Jul 2015 #89
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Posts : 480
    Windows 10

    Quote Originally Posted by mattfromoz View Post
    i updated from 10166 to 10240 about 4 hrs ago with no issues
    It's updated now, only took 4 complete downloads and reboots, it's a good thing I've got plenty of download data.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    29 Jul 2015 #90
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 78
    Windows

    Has anyone done the upgrade from the insider site using the prep tool on either 7 or 8? I'm wondering if this accomplishes the same thing as waiting on MS?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Windows 10 (x86 build 10130) stuck on loading windows screen
I tried to upgrade my Windows 7 laptop to Windows 10 but after it restarted, it got stuck on the loading screen. http://i1.wp.com/techverse.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/how-to-install-windows-8.1_windows-8.1-loading.jpg Please Help!!!
Installation and Upgrade
Page loading seems to be getting worse on all platforms...
Hi All, Is this just me or is this getting to be a real PITA? Over the past two years (I've been using the web for a many years) I've been noticing increasing difficulty in getting pages to load quickly and without lockups/hangs. This is...
Browsers and Email
Issue with Loading text files and some applications
ok when i load some application's it just seems to freeze and do nothing same with text files this link here will show http://i.gyazo.com/6bc50a8f1d755cc0f9084053b6f3a297.mp4 same thing with the iwi as well and i know you can use winrar to...
Software and Apps
Windows Update, infinite loading
I'm on build 9926 and I have this issue when I open Windows Update, it will just load infinitely. No error codes, no display text, just a loading indicator that lasts forever. I was wondering if anyone here had that problem and if someone knows how...
Windows Updates and Activation
Windows 10 Loading Screen doesn't continue
I'm having a trouble of it installing on Oracle VirtualBox, I mount the iso then start. 5573 It should have a loading ring below it (Just like in Windows 8) But it only stays like that like it doesn't do anything at all. I need help :\
Installation and Upgrade
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:07.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums