New i7 8th Gen Intel Core Processor Family to Debut Aug. 21

    New i7 8th Gen Intel Core Processor Family to Debut Aug. 21

    New i7 8th Gen Intel Core Processor Family to Debut Aug. 21


    Last Updated: 16 Aug 2017 at 22:26
    New i7 8th Gen Intel Core Processor Family to Debut Aug. 21-amazing-things-happen.jpg

    On Aug. 21, Intel will unveil the 8th Generation Intel® Core™ processor family (aka: Coffee Lake) on Facebook Live. Watch as two exciting moments align: the Great American Solar Eclipse and the unveiling of Intel’s most powerful family of processors for the next era of computing. Hear from those who are at the center of creating this technology and from creators who are using the power of 8th Gen Intel Core technology in new and exciting ways.

    Eight Reasons to Tune In

    1. Don’t be caught in the dark. Learn how the 8th Gen Intel Core processor family will offer blazing fast performance.
    2. Hear directly from Gregory Bryant, senior vice president of the Client Computing Group at Intel, and others about the details on the latest processor family and what it can help you do.
    3. Discover how immersive experiences will bring you from spectator to participant with 8th Gen Intel Core processor capabilities.
    4. Don’t just take our word for it. See the power of 8th Gen Intel Core technology come to life in the hands of a VR creator and imaging technologist.
    5. Get a sneak peek at some of the amazing system designs based on 8th Gen Intel Core processors.
    6. Start planning for what new 8th Gen Intel Core processor-based device to purchase in the holiday season and even before.
    7. Don’t worry, you won’t miss the solar eclipse. Tune in before it descends upon Oregon and the West Coast and then makes its way across the U.S.
    8. See how the 8th Gen Intel Core processor is designed for today and what comes next.

    When: 8 a.m. PDT, Aug. 21, 2017

    Watch the Live Stream: Tune in live on Intel’s Facebook page or the Intel newsroom

    Press Kit: 8th Gen Intel Core

    Media Contacts Eileen Wong, Intel Global Communications


    Source: Media Alert: New 8th Gen Intel Core Processor Family to Debut Aug. 21 | Intel Newsroom
    Brink's Avatar Posted By: Brink
    09 Aug 2017

  1. vgchat's Avatar
    Posts : 409
    Windows 10 Pro
       #1

    Yet another new Intel processor & they still can't touch Ryzen.
      My Computer

  2. lx07's Avatar
    Posts : 5,479
    2004
       #2

    vgchat said:
    Yet another new Intel processor & they still can't touch Ryzen.
    Yeah right. I have a Core2Duo - Ryzen is better than that certainly.

    Go for a Power9 - excellent gaming CPU - IBM are the way forward
      My Computer

  3. yu gnomi's Avatar
    Posts : 82
    10 Pro
       #3

    Am I wrong for thinking that Intel's 6th, 7th and 8th gen are all really just Skylake? - i.e. Kaby Lake and Coffee Lake are just Skylake with a slightly higher clock set by Intel. But they are all OC chips, so a user could raise the clock himself/herself.

    Also I don't get tying a new product launch to a big Solar Eclipse. I can't make the connection between blotting out the sun and providing great tech to people.
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 512
    Windows 10
       #4

    yu gnomi said:
    Also I don't get tying a new product launch to a big Solar Eclipse. I can't make the connection between blotting out the sun and providing great tech to people.
    Marketing.
      My Computer

  5. sygnus21's Avatar
    Posts : 5,376
    Win 10 Pro (x64) 20H2 (19042.928)
       #5

    vgchat said:
    Yet another new Intel processor & they still can't touch Ryzen.
    lx07 said:
    Yeah right. I have a Core2Duo - Ryzen is better than that certainly.
    Agree, Ryzen is certainly better than my Core 2 Quad Q6600

    Anyway I'm curious to see if these new chips will in fact work with the Z270 (LGA1151) motherboards and what those bench numbers will be vs. the 7700K.

    That said, I've not seen any BIOS updates supporting my board (Gigabyte Z270 Gaming 8) with this chip yet. Example when the Kaby Lake processors were announced, Gigabyte put out BIOS's for those chips to work on their Z170 boards.

    Here's to hoping though.
      My Computers

  6. Cliff S's Avatar
    Posts : 25,551
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu
       #6

    sygnus21 said:
    Agree, Ryzen is certainly better than my Core 2 Quad Q6600

    Anyway I'm curious to see if these new chips will in fact work with the Z270 (LGA1151) motherboards and what those bench numbers will be vs. the 7700K.

    That said, I've not seen any BIOS updates supporting my board (Gigabyte Z270 Gaming 8) with this chip yet. Example when the Kaby Lake processors were announced, Gigabyte put out BIOS's for those chips to work on their Z170 boards.

    Here's to hoping though.
    Sorry, but you'll need to dole out for a new mainboard too
    Confirmed: ASRock Says Intel's Coffee Lake CPUs Will Require New Motherboards

    Intel's upcoming Coffee Lake CPUs will reportedly require a new motherboard - TechSpot

    Intel's Coffee Lake CPUs won't work with today's motherboards

    LGA 1151 sockets Wont Support Coffee Lake Chips | SegmentNext
      My Computers

  7. sygnus21's Avatar
    Posts : 5,376
    Win 10 Pro (x64) 20H2 (19042.928)
       #7

    Yes, but I was looking at the article you posted here that supposed Coffee Lake "would" support Z270 boards; however, I didn't believe it then, and seems I shouldn't believe it now

    Oh, well... I get to save my money :)
      My Computers

  8. Cliff S's Avatar
    Posts : 25,551
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu
       #8

    sygnus21 said:
    Yes, but I was looking at the article you posted here that supposed Coffee Lake "would" support Z270 boards; however, I didn't believe it then, and seems I shouldn't believe it now

    Oh, well... I get to save my money :)
    Yep, I was hoping too, but.... oh well

    At least my 6700K is a good overclocker(4.9GHz on air:)), and when I finally decide which Z270 board(the more VRMs the better) I'm going to buy, then an AIO for the chip, and maaaaaaybeeeee deliding it(but only maybe)....
      My Computers

  9. sygnus21's Avatar
    Posts : 5,376
    Win 10 Pro (x64) 20H2 (19042.928)
       #9

    I haven't overclocked my 7700K yet, but I really like my Gigabyte Z270 Gaming 8 board. Lots of bling, but also lots of features and performance. I posted about it here, but here's the full specs. Don't know if you're into Gigabyte, but... :)

    YouTube if interested...



    Later....
      My Computers


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:04.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums