Firefox Fights Back - Firefox 57

Page 83 of 91 FirstFirst ... 33738182838485 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 408
    Windows 10
       #820

    Hey...just got it..walked over to the computer and firefox said "need to restart to complete update" or something like that....LOL
    I hit the button on there, it restarted the browser and finished the update and i now have 57.01! :)

    So, apparently it was just a matter of it reaching me....but that wasn't bad, i did get it on the release date!
    I'll leave it set for auto-update...probably won't make any difference for my memory issue, but i will monitor...It's not really bad though, now...
      My Computer

  2. Edwin's Avatar
    Posts : 17,029
    Windows 10
       #821

    Craig said:
    Hey...just got it..walked over to the computer and firefox said "need to restart to complete update" or something like that....LOL
    I hit the button on there, it restarted the browser and finished the update and i now have 57.01! :)

    So, apparently it was just a matter of it reaching me....but that wasn't bad, i did get it on the release date!
    I'll leave it set for auto-update...probably won't make any difference for my memory issue, but i will monitor...It's not really bad though, now...
    Check out the release time, about 8:15PM my time, that's when I got it!

    Firefox Fights Back - Firefox 57-000462.png
      My Computer

  3. Josey Wales's Avatar
    Posts : 24,692
    Win 10 Pro 19043.906
       #822

    Craig said:
    Did you guys get the firefox update in your updater? Or did you manually download it?
    I do not understand the concern of Downloading a new version of Firefox I have been doing that for 14 years without any problems.
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 408
    Windows 10
       #823

    It probably did come in around that time, i was away from the computer during that time period and when i came back around 8:45 pm i saw the message on the browser...

    Well, I haven't really been a Firefox user until now...i know how Chrome works but wasn't sure how this does...

    I suspect the somewhat extra memory user on my computer probably relates to Firefox utilizing all 4 memory cores of my processor...not a biggie, though, i do have 8 gb of memory so it's not like i am running out...LOL
      My Computer

  5. Josey Wales's Avatar
    Posts : 24,692
    Win 10 Pro 19043.906
       #824

    Craig said:
    It probably did come in around that time, i was away from the computer during that time period and when i came back around 8:45 pm i saw the message on the browser...

    Well, I haven't really been a Firefox user until now...i know how Chrome works but wasn't sure how this does...

    I suspect the somewhat extra memory user on my computer probably relates to Firefox utilizing all 4 memory cores of my processor...not a biggie, though, i do have 8 gb of memory so it's not like i am running out...LOL
    You can adjust the number of processes it uses in options

    Firefox Fights Back - Firefox 57-capture.png
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 408
    Windows 10
       #825

    @Josey: Interesting! I'll have to check that out...didn't know they had that in the settings....Although i suspect that if i change it (not use all the cores) that it will probably affect the super snappy performance....In which case, i'd rather just use the extra memory...
    I really like the SNAPPY performance...
    Last edited by Craig; 29 Nov 2017 at 21:25.
      My Computer

  7. Josey Wales's Avatar
    Posts : 24,692
    Win 10 Pro 19043.906
       #826

    Craig said:
    @Josie: Interesting! I'll have to check that out...didn't know they had that in the settings....Although i suspect that if i change it (not use all the cores) that it will probably affect the super snappy performance....In which case, i'd rather just use the extra memory...
    I really like the SNAPPY performance...
    If you think 57 is great try 59 The Nightly Builds. I tried one today and it was way faster than 57. But they are buggy and would not use it as my main browser. It will be maybe late December when it goes final.
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 408
    Windows 10
       #827

    @josey: do you mean 58? (which is going to be released in Jan 2018) or do you really mean 59 (which will be released next March)...

    In any event, sounds good to me! Perhaps the memory management will also improve somewhat over time...I read quite a few complaints in different places around the web, so i am sure mozilla must be aware of it...
      My Computer

  9. kronckew's Avatar
    Posts : 35
    win10 pro x64 ver. 1709 bld. 17046.1000
       #828

    59.0a1 is the latest Nightly channel build.
    58.0b? is the beta channel.
    57.0.x is the release channel.

    see Try New Browser Features in Pre-Release Versions | Firefox if you are daring.

    (i'm using 59.0a1 dtd. 29NOV17, it's working fine, but the nightlys are not 100% dependable, so you may get glitches.)

    mine is telling me to restart to install the latest update. it's doing that on auto.

    and you get a cool new icon
    Firefox Fights Back - Firefox 57-image-003.jpg
      My Computer

  10. Edwin's Avatar
    Posts : 17,029
    Windows 10
       #829

    Firefox Nightly 59.0a1 (2017-11-30)

    about:healthreport (Firefox Health Report) has been removed in favor of about:telemetry
      My Computer


 
Page 83 of 91 FirstFirst ... 33738182838485 ... LastLast

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:18.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums