Firefox Fights Back - Firefox 57

Page 73 of 91 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583 ... LastLast
  1. rezpower's Avatar
    Posts : 324
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit
       #720

    Do you guys know of a way to make firefox translate the hole page like chrome can do?
      My Computer

  2. Josey Wales's Avatar
    Posts : 24,692
    Win 10 Pro 19043.906
       #721

    rezpower said:
    Do you guys know of a way to make firefox translate the hole page like chrome can do?
    Look here:

    https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...guage-support/
      My Computer

  3. rezpower's Avatar
    Posts : 324
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit
       #722

    Thanks a lot. I have already a context search addon that allows me to select the text and it will open it in google translator. But I really loved the way google chrome handles page translation. It will reload the page and transform everything (even forms and buttons) to English, so that you feel like the page was originally in English. Very useful to register and use foreign websites and forums.
      My Computer

  4. Josey Wales's Avatar
    Posts : 24,692
    Win 10 Pro 19043.906
       #723

    rezpower said:
    Thanks a lot. I have already a context search addon that allows me to select the text and it will open it in google translator. But I really loved the way google chrome handles page translation. It will reload the page and transform everything (even forms and buttons) to English, so that you feel like the page was originally in English. Very useful to register and use foreign websites and forums.
    There is an addon that is called Open With Chrome. That would probably do what you need.
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 76
    Windows
       #724

    This would be exciting to test.
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 408
    Windows 10
       #725

    I must admit that i am glad that i gave Firefox Quantum another shot...Been using it for the last few days and really like the speed (super fast!) font and graphics rendering, and the new look...In the past, i wasn't that crazy about it but it has sure changed!

    I actually deleted Chrome (which was my default browser) i like Edge a lot too but i have set Firefox to be my default now...and look forward to the coming improvements....

    It's settled down quite a bit, but i still find that it's using more memory than either Chrome or Edge I'd say about an extra 600-700mb)...I did some searching online and it seems many others also commented about that too...I can work with it fine the way it is right now, but am hoping that improves in the near future...
    Last edited by Craig; 24 Nov 2017 at 23:17.
      My Computer

  7. Edwin's Avatar
    Posts : 17,029
    Windows 10
       #726

    Mozilla is working on a new feature for Firefox, dubbed Breach Alerts, which will warn users when they visit a website which has previously suffered a data breach.

    Firefox’s new warning system is currently in early stages of development. They are making a special add-on for the browser, which works only with Firefox's Developer Edition as of this writing. It is called 'BreachAlerts'.

    You can track the development of the BreachAlerts add-on on GitHub.
      My Computer

  8. CountMike's Avatar
    Posts : 18,327
    W10+Developer Insider + Linux
       #727

    Edwin said:
    Mozilla is working on a new feature for Firefox, dubbed Breach Alerts, which will warn users when they visit a website which has previously suffered a data breach.

    Firefox’s new warning system is currently in early stages of development. They are making a special add-on for the browser, which works only with Firefox's Developer Edition as of this writing. It is called 'BreachAlerts'.

    You can track the development of the BreachAlerts add-on on GitHub.
    That would take out half the internet !!!
      My Computers


  9. Posts : 408
    Windows 10
       #728

    I changed the Firefox Update setting to "Look for updates but let me know first" is that the better setting to use? I figured that way, it will notify me first so this way i will know when it is going to update (as opposed to auto-update where i would assume i wouldn't know when it got updated)...
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 724
    Windows 10 Home - Version 2004 - Build 19041.450
       #729

    Does the icon/tile that firefox 57 creates in Windows 10 start menu have a black background? Is it supposed to be like that? Can it be changed?
      My Computers


 
Page 73 of 91 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583 ... LastLast

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:11.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums