Firefox Fights Back - Firefox 57

Page 68 of 91 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 84
    Windows10 Pro
       #670

    For me FF's main attraction was the plug-ins. Many of my most used (and most useful) have now been blown out of the water by FF 57.

    For the past few years most of the development decisions made have succeeded in doing nothing but alienate people and drive away many long-time users - it makes you wonder what the heck they're thinking. But they're reaping that which they sew, it's a shame really.

    I dislike Chrome, but it looks like I'll be heading that direction soon.

    Mike.
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 1,463
    Windows 10 Pro 22H2 64 bit
       #671

    mingle said:
    For me FF's main attraction was the plug-ins. Many of my most used (and most useful) have now been blown out of the water by FF 57.For the past few years most of the development decisions made have succeeded in doing nothing but alienate people and drive away many long-time users - it makes you wonder what the heck they're thinking. But they're reaping that which they sew, it's a shame really.
    I dislike Chrome, but it looks like I'll be heading that direction soon.
    Mike.
    Try Vivaldi. It is written by the original Opera programmers and uses the Chromium engine.
    It also uses extensions from the Chrome Store and is very fast.

    www.vivaldi.com

    It has Norton ID Safe and Norton Safe Web. - Chrome version.

    Jim
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 2,491
    Windows Insider Fast Ring LatestKUuuntu 20.10
       #672

    I like FF 59 pretty good right now - it mostly has the plugins I want (but not yet IDM). Chrome is OK but I must have some addon which for quite awhile changed my default search engine to Baidu
      My Computers


  4. Posts : 125
    Windows 10 Home 64 bit
       #673

    I miss the NoScript extension.
    Hopefully the new version is available soon.
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 17,838
    Windows 10
       #674

    BKnight said:
    I miss the NoScript extension.
    Hopefully the new version is available soon.
    No-Script Suite Lite (revived)

    See if this suits your needs.

    No-Script Suite Lite
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 2,075
    Windows 10 Pro
       #675

    I'm giving the new FF a good use again....and must say I like it. The only thing I don't like is in the bookmarks bar. The generic, plain, black/white folders. I do love my manila color folders
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 98
    Windows 10
       #676

    Edwin said:
    Inside that Chrome folder, open a new text file, paste:



    /* Global UI font */
    * {font-size: 12pt !important;
    font-weight: bold !important;}


    then save as userChrome.css

    Attachment 164420

    Restart Firefox with bold fonts everywhere except web pages themselves! :)

    Attachment 164419
    I didn't do something right because it didn't work.

    Inside of that chrome folder I opened a text document, pasted that info into it, saved it, restarted Firefox and it's the same as it was before. But inside that text document all I have is what you told me to past there. It doesn't have all of that info that your file shows.
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 26,381
    Windows 11 Pro 22631.3155
       #677

    Plankton said:
    I'm giving the new FF a good use again....and must say I like it. The only thing I don't like is in the bookmarks bar. The generic, plain, black/white folders. I do love my manila color folders
    You can use a Persona Theme, I do and it looks much better.
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 655
    Windows 10 Home
       #678

    Jezza819 said:
    I didn't do something right because it didn't work.

    Inside of that chrome folder I opened a text document, pasted that info into it, saved it, restarted Firefox and it's the same as it was before. But inside that text document all I have is what you told me to past there. It doesn't have all of that info that your file shows.
    For this to work, you have to save the text file as a css file (not as a text file). To do that, show file type and delete .txt at the end of the file. And when you save the text file, choose save All files.

    Inside the file, copy and paste:

    @NamEspace url("http://www.mozilla.org/keymaster/gatekeeper/there.is.only.xul");

    /* Global UI font */
    * {font-size: 12pt !important;
    font-weight: bold !important;}

    You need the line on top. And name the text file, userChrome.css

    If after you do everything, the text file is still a text file, it wont work. If you do it right, that above works for what you want, I tested it.

    Bo
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 655
    Windows 10 Home
       #679

    BKnight said:
    I miss the NoScript extension.
    Hopefully the new version is available soon.
    Its coming, maybe by tomorrow. I haven't yet updated to Firefox 57 in my real system. In my end, NoScript comes first, Firefox after. I ll wait patiently for as long as it takes.

    Bo
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:37.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums