Firefox Fights Back - Firefox 57

Page 39 of 91 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989 ... LastLast
  1. Josey Wales's Avatar
    Posts : 24,692
    Win 10 Pro 19043.906
       #380

    Edwin said:
    K,
    I got the "Classic Theme Restorer" look going with .css code but,

    I can't get Tabs below the Nav Bar...

    gimme a bit...

    Attachment 157119
    Classic Theme Restorer will not work in Nightly 58 You will have to go back to Fx 56.0.1 to have it work right. I Like the Bookmarks toolbar as it has practically all of the site I go to. I do not like Drop Down Bookmarks.:)
      My Computer

  2. bo elam's Avatar
    Posts : 634
    Windows 10 Home
       #381

    tomseys said:
    I updated to firefox 56.
    In options/general under "perfomance", it has a box with a checkmark in it next to "use recommended performance settings". If i uncheck it, it opens up and shows "content process limit" and it is set to 1. It is sort of greyed out and I cannot increase it or change it from 1. Should I be able to increase it to 4 say or something else? Why can't I change it - is it due to legacy add-ons?
    No, the setting is not greyed out because of legacy extensions. To be able to change Content process limit you have to enable Multiprocess. You probably disabled Multiprocess in the past. If you enable Multiprocess, the setting becomes available. Is easy to test.

    Bo
      My Computer

  3. Edwin's Avatar
    Posts : 17,029
    Windows 10
       #382

    Josey Wales said:
    Classic Theme Restorer will not work in Nightly 58 You will have to go back to Fx 56.0.1 to have it work right. I Like the Bookmarks toolbar as it has practically all of the site I go to. I do not like Drop Down Bookmarks.:)
    The Extension itself won't work but I'm adding the code to the UserChrome stylesheet manually.

    So far it's sort of working, got the Tabs below the Nav Bar.

    Firefox Fights Back - Firefox 57-000590.png
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 108
    windows 10 pro
       #383

    Edwin said:
    The Extension itself won't work but I'm adding the code to the UserChrome stylesheet manually.

    So far it's sort of working, got the Tabs below the Nav Bar.

    Firefox Fights Back - Firefox 57-000590.png
    Is that with FF 57? If yes, how did you do that. Plz explain in detail. Muchly appreciated.
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 108
    windows 10 pro
       #384

    it can be done that way. Yes. I have done it in the past. Ignore previous post.

    What i want to know, is there a way to replace opened tabs with new ones instead of adding to them? An extension use to be able to do it called openintabs-erase. Does anyone know if it is possible to accomplish this?

    thx
      My Computer

  6. Josey Wales's Avatar
    Posts : 24,692
    Win 10 Pro 19043.906
       #385

    Edwin said:
    The Extension itself won't work but I'm adding the code to the UserChrome stylesheet manually.

    So far it's sort of working, got the Tabs below the Nav Bar.

    Firefox Fights Back - Firefox 57-000590.png

    I don't understand why you want them there. I have always preferred them on Top. But each to their own..
      My Computer

  7. Edwin's Avatar
    Posts : 17,029
    Windows 10
       #386

    Josey Wales said:
    I don't understand why you want them there. I have always preferred them on Top. But each to their own..
    Me too! I was just tryin to help @bruinator out.
      My Computer

  8. Edwin's Avatar
    Posts : 17,029
    Windows 10
       #387

    Anyway...
    Here it is in Firefox 57 and 58, with one glitch; I can either have Tabs below Nav Bar, or, Menu upper left corner but not both!

    Firefox Fights Back - Firefox 57-000592.png

    Pretty much all of the 'Classic Theme Restorer' elements are there.

    I you want to fool around with it yourself, you can download the whole kit and caboodle here:

    Releases · Aris-t2/CustomCSSforFx · GitHub

    Download the chrome_fx57r55_v1.0.2.zip, extract it, copy all the stuff from the extracted folder into your Firefox Profile 'Chrome' folder and go from there.
      My Computer

  9. Josey Wales's Avatar
    Posts : 24,692
    Win 10 Pro 19043.906
       #388

    Edwin said:
    Anyway...
    Here it is in Firefox 57 and 58, with one glitch; I can either have Tabs below Nav Bar, or, Menu upper left corner but not both!

    Firefox Fights Back - Firefox 57-000592.png

    Pretty much all of the 'Classic Theme Restorer' elements are there.

    I you want to fool around with it yourself, you can download the whole kit and caboodle here:

    Releases · Aris-t2/CustomCSSforFx · GitHub

    Download the chrome_fx57r55_v1.0.2.zip, extract it, copy all the stuff from the extracted folder into your Firefox Profile 'Chrome' folder and go from there.
    Thanks But I will pas Fx 57 Beta 7 should be out tomorrow.
      My Computer

  10. Edwin's Avatar
    Posts : 17,029
    Windows 10
       #389

    Josey Wales said:
    Thanks But I will pas Fx 57 Beta 7 should be out tomorrow.
    Yeah, not my cup-o-tea either; I just wanted to see if it would work!!!
      My Computer


 
Page 39 of 91 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989 ... LastLast

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:19.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums