Page 37 of 67 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast
  1.    07 Oct 2017 #361
    Join Date : Mar 2015
    Stockport UK
    Posts : 2,744
    Wndows 10 x64 Home version 1709

    Quote Originally Posted by larc919 View Post
    I'm running Nightly 58.0a1 and using Ghostery to block ads. From regular Firefox to Nightly, to Firefox beta and then back to Nightly, it has worked with no problems.

    Yes but Ghostery has been updated to the new code required by FF version 57 a lot of other extensions haven't so they show up as LEGACY. I only regularly use three extensions and it's sods law that two of them are LEGACY
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    07 Oct 2017 #362
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Raleigh, NC, USA
    Posts : 1,559
    Windows 10 Pro x64

    Quote Originally Posted by DooGie View Post
    Yes but Ghostery has been updated to the new code required by FF version 57 a lot of other extensions haven't so they show up as LEGACY. I only regularly use three extensions and it's sods law that two of them are LEGACY
    That's why I was suggesting Ghostery as an alternative to AB+, although I suspect the latter and many other addons will be ready by the time Firefox 57.0 goes prime time.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  3.    07 Oct 2017 #363
    Join Date : Nov 2015
    Posts : 349
    Windows 10 Home Version 1709 Build 16299.19

    I updated to firefox 56.
    In options/general under "perfomance", it has a box with a checkmark in it next to "use recommended performance settings". If i uncheck it, it opens up and shows "content process limit" and it is set to 1. It is sort of greyed out and I cannot increase it or change it from 1. Should I be able to increase it to 4 say or something else? Why can't I change it - is it due to legacy add-ons?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    07 Oct 2017 #364
    Join Date : Mar 2017
    Posts : 5,652
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro Build 15063

    Quote Originally Posted by tomseys View Post
    I updated to firefox 56.
    In options/general under "perfomance", it has a box with a checkmark in it next to "use recommended performance settings". If i uncheck it, it opens up and shows "content process limit" and it is set to 1. It is sort of greyed out and I cannot increase it or change it from 1. Should I be able to increase it to 4 say or something else? Why can't I change it - is it due to legacy add-ons?
    Fx 56.0.1 is out. Yes it is due to legacy Adons. Fx 57 Beta is really Stable it it has pretty decent extensions, I am using the ones below and they are all I need:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	1 
Size:	30.1 KB 
ID:	156993
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    07 Oct 2017 #365
    Join Date : Nov 2015
    Posts : 349
    Windows 10 Home Version 1709 Build 16299.19

    Thanks Josey Wales. Maybe I'll give it a try soon.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    08 Oct 2017 #366
    Join Date : Feb 2014
    Posts : 9,328
    Windows 10 Professional

    Quote Originally Posted by reddice View Post
    I am glad Firefox 57 still supports UserChrome.css stylesheets.
    Me too!

    Hide Navigation Bar and Toolbar:

    Code:
    @namespace url(http://www.mozilla.org/keymaster/gatekeeper/there.is.only.xul);
    
    #urlbar-container { display: none !important }
    
    #nav-bar { display: none !important }
    "Nightly Clean":

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	000581.png 
Views:	2 
Size:	7.6 KB 
ID:	157076
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  7.    08 Oct 2017 #367
    Join Date : Dec 2016
    Posts : 155
    Win 10 rs1 - build 14393.1794

    About NoScript:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Magical Snap - 2017.10.08 18.35 - 001.png 
Views:	1 
Size:	82.3 KB 
ID:	157077

    You can't run FF without it!
    https://noscript.net/getit
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    08 Oct 2017 #368

    iam loving FF once again. quantum to be exact
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    08 Oct 2017 #369
    Join Date : Mar 2017
    Posts : 5,652
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro Build 15063

    Quote Originally Posted by Edwin View Post
    Me too!

    Hide Navigation Bar and Toolbar:

    Code:
    @namespace url(http://www.mozilla.org/keymaster/gatekeeper/there.is.only.xul);
    
    #urlbar-container { display: none !important }
    
    #nav-bar { display: none !important }
    "Nightly Clean":

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	000581.png 
Views:	2 
Size:	7.6 KB 
ID:	157076
    I rely on the Bookmarks Toolbar.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    08 Oct 2017 #370
    Join Date : Feb 2014
    Posts : 9,328
    Windows 10 Professional

    Quote Originally Posted by Josey Wales View Post
    I rely on the Bookmarks Toolbar.
    Mine's in a folder in the corner:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	000584.png 
Views:	48 
Size:	54.0 KB 
ID:	157082
      My ComputersSystem Spec

 
Page 37 of 67 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Firefox Photon Firefox 57
http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=3029098 Mock-up of the changes to Customize mode as part of the upcoming design refresh https://i.imgur.com/ljjlqb4.jpg The first mockup shows Firefox running the Photon user interface,...
Browsers and Email
FireFox
Since midnight can't use Mozzila's Firefox anymore. " Firefox is already running, must be closed" and after that iI get message "The Firefox profile can not be loaded ". I saw also the message than another app is blocking Firefox . Probably Edge....
Browsers and Email
Firefox 44.0
Install Firefox Ver 44.0. Add-on and Firefox website display text only. Any one having the same problem ?
Browsers and Email
Solved Firefox 64 is here
It looks like Mozilla finally came out with Firefox 64 bit browser, have a look at the links below Firefox 64-bit for Windows Available | Future Releases https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/all/
Browsers and Email
Solved W10 opens seperate tab for firefox when opening with main firefox icon
Hello, lately I've been having an issue where Windows will open a separate tab for Firefox when i open it with the original pinned icon on my task bar.. I've tried opening firefox and unpinning the pinned shortcut and pinning the opened one and...
Browsers and Email
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:55.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums