Firefox Fights Back - Firefox 57

Page 2 of 91 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 114
    Win10
       #10

    @MetalSaint
    Firefox has sync options aswell.

    I'm using Nightly version, there are some bugs here and there but it's night and day over v55 and older ones. You people should give it a try when it will go to stable.
      My Computer

  2. Josey Wales's Avatar
    Posts : 24,692
    Win 10 Pro 19043.906
       #11

    Jack07 said:
    @MetalSaint
    Firefox has sync options aswell.

    I'm using Nightly version, there are some bugs here and there but it's night and day over v55 and older ones. You people should give it a try when it will go to stable.
    I will when it goes final till that time I am staying on Fx 54.
      My Computer

  3. PaulGo's Avatar
    Posts : 148
    Windows 10, 64 bit
    Thread Starter
       #12

    With Firefox 57 only updated compliant extensions will run. Current only two of my thirteen extensions are compliant. (I am using Firefox 55 beta which identifies legacy extensions.) I do like Firefox and its customizable interface. It is my primary browser.
      My Computer

  4. Josey Wales's Avatar
    Posts : 24,692
    Win 10 Pro 19043.906
       #13

    PaulGo said:
    With Firefox 57 only updated compliant extensions will run. Current only two of my thirteen extensions are compliant. (I am using Firefox 55 beta which identifies legacy extensions.) I do like Firefox and its customizable interface. It is my primary browser.
    Only two that you use but there are many more that are 57 compliant. I like to use a Theme FT DeepDark , it will not even install on 55. The default Firefox these is ugly.
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 134
    Windows 10 Enterprise
       #14

    Mikedyce said:
    I flat out will never use software (i.e. Chrome) that sneaks onto my computer on the back of something I'm downloading. Never have, never will.
    Me neither
      My Computers

  6. waltc's Avatar
    Posts : 778
    Win10x64 v2004 latest build fast ring
       #15

    Josey Wales said:
    If they made a quality product they would not have to worry. Firefox crashes way too many times for me using Fx 54.0.1. It does not like Twitter..
    If you aren't using the 64-bit Firefox DE, you're using the wrong version. It almost never crashes and I put the wife and myself on there a year ago and never looked back. Chrome stinks, imo. Ugh....
      My Computer

  7. hawkman's Avatar
    Posts : 650
    10 preview 64bit
       #16

    Not a bad article,

    ended up trying Brave, it is quick

    Roy
      My Computer

  8. Josey Wales's Avatar
    Posts : 24,692
    Win 10 Pro 19043.906
       #17

    waltc said:
    If you aren't using the 64-bit Firefox DE, you're using the wrong version. It almost never crashes and I put the wife and myself on there a year ago and never looked back. Chrome stinks, imo. Ugh....
    I was and now I am using Chrome. It does not crash at all.
      My Computer

  9. larc919's Avatar
    Posts : 3,087
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       #18

    Mikedyce said:
    I flat out will never use software (i.e. Chrome) that sneaks onto my computer on the back of something I'm downloading. Never have, never will.
    I wonder if the estimate of the percentage of people using Chrome as their browser is based on the number of installation file downloads or installs. If it is, the number is severely misleading. I've uninstalled this uninvited and unwelcome intruder dozens of times from my PCs.
      My Computer

  10. magilla's Avatar
    Posts : 3,112
    Windows 10 and windows insider
       #19

    larc919 said:
    I wonder if the estimate of the percentage of people using Chrome as their browser is based on the number of installation file downloads or installs. If it is, the number is severely misleading. I've uninstalled this uninvited and unwelcome intruder dozens of times from my PCs.
    Likewise, I don't want it, don't like it, and don't appreciate all the times it has invaded my privacy.
      My Computer


 
Page 2 of 91 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:33.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums