Page 63 of 150 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573113 ... LastLast
  1.    08 Aug 2017 #621
    Join Date : Dec 2013
    Portsmouth Hampshire
    Posts : 1,837
    Windows 10 x86 14383 Insider Pro and Core 10240

    Quote Originally Posted by Superfly View Post
    Well just a heads up deary..." programmers/coders" are more focused on science than literature (English Lit was my most disliked subject ever)... so there
    Coders only spel rite wen the compiler keeps spitting there code bak at them!
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  2.    08 Aug 2017 #622
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    A Finnish expat in Germany
    Posts : 12,980
    Windows 10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by cereberus View Post
    How did you manage to join skip ahead. When I tried yesterday, I got message saying it was full up?
    You need to upgrade to .1 version first. When done and back on desktop, open Registry Editor and double click string ContentType in key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsSelfHost\Applicability to open it for edit.

    Type new value Skip, do not save yet (do not click OK or hit Enter). Open Settings app > Insider settings, switch to Skip ahead, immediately switch to registry editor and click OK to save that new value Skip to string ContentType, restart immediately leaving registry editor and Settings open.

    When restarted, registry editor opens automatically because it was left open when restarted. Just close it. Check the Insider settings, you should now be in Skip ahead, WU start downloading .1000 version.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    08 Aug 2017 #623
    Join Date : Mar 2015
    Stockport UK
    Posts : 2,782
    Wndows 10 x64 Home version 1709

    Groan, you guys really are bored with the lack of releases aren't you. Still there's always tomorrow
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    08 Aug 2017 #624
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Posts : 17,605
    Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16281

    Quote Originally Posted by Superfly View Post
    Well just a heads up deary..." programmers/coders" are more focused on science than literature (English Lit was my most disliked subject ever)... so there
    I know, Superfly, that you have other things on your mind. I had a dear friend who was the most genius at coding I ever knew, but couldn't spell his way out of a paper bag. All the others who worked with him were the same way. That certainly didn't detract from their knowledge.

    We each mash the English language in our own way, which is what "I were tryin' ta git at" . . . Iffen I'da sed it that way, you'da unnerstood.

    And now for those complaining about "those of us who must be intelligent" mashing the English language, there are now two of us who are able to do it in differing ways.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    08 Aug 2017 #625

    Quote Originally Posted by Fafhrd View Post
    Coders only spel rite wen the compiler keeps spitting there code bak at them!
    LOL...autocomplete has its uses.. it's the thinking to get it to do what u want that matters - thus the right click on the red underlined squiggly aawh?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    08 Aug 2017 #626
    Join Date : Dec 2013
    Portsmouth Hampshire
    Posts : 1,837
    Windows 10 x86 14383 Insider Pro and Core 10240

    Edlin never gave me a red squiggly line, nor a right click. I had a deprived childhood!
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  7.    08 Aug 2017 #627
    Join Date : Dec 2015
    Posts : 6,011
    Windows10

    Quote Originally Posted by kado897 View Post
    At what temperature?
    More accurately, 1 litre has 1 kg mass which on Earth at sealevel weighs 1kg force (weight) but would only be one sixth of that on the Moon although mass would be same ie for weight you have to be precise about location as well as temperature (15 Deg C iirc - none of that deg F rubbish).
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    08 Aug 2017 #628
    Join Date : Dec 2015
    Posts : 6,011
    Windows10

    Quote Originally Posted by Kari View Post
    You need to upgrade to .1 version first. When done and back on desktop, open Registry Editor and double click string ContentType in key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsSelfHost\Applicability to open it for edit.

    Type new value Skip, do not save yet (do not click OK or hit Enter). Open Settings app > Insider settings, switch to Skip ahead, immediately switch to registry editor and click OK to save that new value Skip to string ContentType, restart immediately leaving registry editor and Settings open.

    When restarted, registry editor opens automatically because it was left open when restarted. Just close it. Check the Insider settings, you should now be in Skip ahead, WU start downloading .1000 version.
    Many thanks - I have to say I am always amazed how people come up with these workarounds!
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    08 Aug 2017 #629
    Join Date : Dec 2013
    Portsmouth Hampshire
    Posts : 1,837
    Windows 10 x86 14383 Insider Pro and Core 10240

    Quote Originally Posted by cereberus View Post
    More accurately, 1 litre has 1 kg mass which on Earth at sealevel weighs 1kg force (weight) but would only be one sixth of that on the Moon although mass would be same ie for weight you have to be precise about location as well as temperature (15 Deg C iirc - none of that deg F rubbish).
    It's only a close approximation. Relativity mucks everything up. Even mass.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  10.    08 Aug 2017 #630
    Join Date : Jun 2014
    Posts : 5,533
    Windows 10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
    When I use the forward button on Edge it takes me to places I haven't been yet. I like that feature.
    Cortana has been watching and knows were you want to go.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Insider Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16237 PC for Fast ring
883370827718172672 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16237 for PC - Windows Experience Blog How to Start or Stop Receiving Insider Builds in Windows 10
Windows 10 News
Insider Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14946 for PC and Mobile
786612992179712000 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14946 for PC and Mobile | Windows Experience Blog PC: How to Start or Stop Receiving Insider Builds in Windows 10
Windows 10 News
Insider Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14942 for PC on Fast ring
784439136002375681 784446397466681344 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14942 for PC | Windows Experience Blog How to Start or Stop Receiving Insider Builds in Windows 10
Windows 10 News
Insider Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14388 for PC and Mobile
UPDATE: July 15th 2016 754001939445219329 752986516746493952 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14388 for PC and Mobile | Windows Experience Blog
Windows 10 News
Insider Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14366 & Mobile Build 14364
UPDATE: 742889757512867840 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14366 Mobile Build 14364 | Windows Experience Blog
Windows 10 News
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:06.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums