Announcing Windows 10 Insider Fast Build 16257 PC + 15237 Mobile Insider

Page 51 of 150 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 17,661
    Windows 10 Pro
       #500

    A Hyper-V VM, Windows 10 PRO x64, build 16257. Fast ring > Skip ahead. Sign in with a local admin account, Insider builds linked to a Microsoft account.

    To test something, I had to add another user account. Made the account a standard user, switched it to another Microsoft account (not same than the one linked to local admin's Insider build settings).

    Restart, signing in to the local account, the only admin account, Insider settings gone. Was greeted with this:

    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Fast Build 16257 PC + 15237 Mobile-image.png

    Checking the new standard user profile (Microsoft account), it does not even show Insider options:

    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Fast Build 16257 PC + 15237 Mobile-image.png

    Back to admin account, I am told that another admin has taken control over the Insider stuff. There is no "another administrator" on this machine!

    Need to click Take over and re-link an Insider account:

    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Fast Build 16257 PC + 15237 Mobile-image.png

    When done (over an hour and multiple restarts ago), system fails to register Insider account. Tried all known registry tricks, nothing seems to help:

    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Fast Build 16257 PC + 15237 Mobile-image.png
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 3,954
    64-bit Win10 Pro Insider Build 19569
       #501

    Edwin said:
    Yep! :) If you're in, you're in! If you're out, sucks to be you!

    Insider machines have an additional Device ID number, whereas, non-Insider machines don't:

    Attachment 147625

    It's all online, PC Name, Model No., Serial No.:

    Attachment 147627

    Heck, your PC Status is even listed online, doesn't update very frequently, but it's there!

    Attachment 147628
    - mine even shows where my mobile is - map and everything..
    - amazing!! :)
      My Computers


  3. Posts : 477
    Win 10 Pro x64 19645 Fast
       #502

    Edwin said:
    I tried all kinds of switcheroos to get the screen that @cereberus got; no go!

    Attachment 147640

    I think if you were had not selected and later wanted to be a Skippy, after it closed, you would get what cereberus got.
      My Computers


  4. Posts : 17,661
    Windows 10 Pro
       #503

    Testing another Hyper-V VM, this one US English PRO x64 build 16257, I found Start to be like something I've never seen before:

    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Fast Build 16257 PC + 15237 Mobile-image.png

    Almost everything greyed out, with exclamation point shown in all tiles except Twitter.
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 575
    Windows 11 Pro
       #504

    @Edwin

    I am curious where you took this image from. It looks to be from somewhere in Settings, but I cannot find where.

      My Computer


  6. Posts : 17,838
    Windows 10
       #505

    tracit99 said:
    @Edwin

    I am curious where you took this image from. It looks to be from somewhere in Settings, but I cannot find where.

    Settings/System/About
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 5,833
    Dual boot Windows 10 FCU Pro x 64 & current Insider 10 Pro
       #506

    Kari said:
    Testing another Hyper-V VM, this one US English PRO x64 build 16257, I found Start to be like something I've never seen before:
    That's what the layout was in very early builds with All Apps at the left, yes? Very similar to the phone UI except the phone is not on one screen, but rather slide over to another.
      My Computers


  8. Posts : 17,838
    Windows 10
       #507

    Fisher Mann said:
    I think if you were had not selected and later wanted to be a Skippy, after it closed, you would get what cereberus got.
    You're probably right.
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 575
    Windows 11 Pro
       #508

    Edwin said:
    You're probably right.
    Edwin I have changed two different boot iterations of Windows 10 16257 to Skip Ahead. Neither had ever been on Skip Ahead.
    One I did yesterday and one I did today. Did you see my post on how? The key for me was leaving Windows Insiders Settings open after choosing Skip Ahead. You must work fast in Regedit as noted by CountMike, because it will time out and revert.
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 17,838
    Windows 10
       #509

    tracit99 said:
    Edwin I have changed two different boot iterations of Windows 10 16257 to Skip Ahead. Neither had ever been on Skip Ahead.
    One I did yesterday and one I did today. Did you see my post on how? The key for me was leaving Windows Insiders Settings open after choosing Skip Ahead. You must work fast in Regedit as noted by CountMike, because it will time out and revert.
    Yeah, I tried all that, my status remains the same.

    Are you on 'Skippy' now?
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:18.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums