Announcing Windows 10 Insider Fast Build 16257 PC + 15237 Mobile  


  1. Posts : 4,666
    Windows 10 Pro x64 21H1 Build 19043.1151 (Branch: Release Preview)
       #320

    Edwin said:
    Uh......,

    wha......,

    Oh! Shat! Sorry bout that!

    You can have her back when I'm done with her!
      My Computers


  2. Posts : 19,460
    W11+W11 Developer Insider + Linux
       #321

    slicendice said:
    Slightly used wife to a good home, will pay you later, no guaranties.
      My Computers


  3. Posts : 14,623
    Windows10
       #322

    Edwin said:
    Uh......,

    wha......,

    Oh! Shat! Sorry bout that!

    You can have her back when I'm done with her!
    Ah well, I do not want to fall out with you over a minor issue .
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 3,954
    64-bit Win10 Pro Insider Build 19569
       #323

    Fabler2 said:
    Got the feedback hub working again so sent feedback on the people issue I'm having. Does anyone else have this crashing issue?
    it does that sometimes..
    just wait a few minutes and it usually fires up ok

    - probably the volume of traffic..
      My Computers


  5. Posts : 17,660
    Windows 10 Pro
       #324

    @Wynona, your assistance required :)

    Some days ago you posted a screenshot of your Disk Management (build 16251 thread, if I remember it correctly), showing like half a dozen recovery partitions after C: partition, created by successive upgrades. As this, how feature upgrade handles recovery partitions is something I am trying to figure out and work around, I would like to see that screenshot again as reference but I seem to be unable to find it.

    Could you please repost it, if you still have the screenshot image, or point me to correct post?

    Kari
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 17,839
    Windows 10
       #325

    cereberus said:
    Ah well, I do not want to fall out with you over a minor issue .
    Fair enough!
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 5,833
    Dual boot Windows 10 FCU Pro x 64 & current Insider 10 Pro
       #326

    Kari said:
    One interesting thing I've noticed and can replicate at will is that when there's a new build available at the same time than a new Defender definition file, WU fails to download build upgrade. However, if I first use Defender GUI to update definitions, to get it out of the way, then when done disable Defender, WU has no issues in downloading build upgrade.
    Interesting. I get the Defender update as well, but haven't had a build update that coughed in (I'm guessing) 3 builds? That one kept booting up but would not finish the process, but the reboot button remained in WU. Just kept hitting it until it did finish. (3 or 4 times?)

    dencal said:
    I am at a loss to explain it......Edge has been running flawlessly on my computer.
    Same here. Knock on wood. A tab preview may hang down at times, but with a pointer wave-over it goes away. Sometimes a tab title will not fill in. Other than that, no major problems.
      My Computers


  8. Posts : 17,839
    Windows 10
       #327

    Edge is not good!
    It lacks most of the functionality of a real client browser, it's rendering engine is p*ss poor,
    it still mutes media when minimized to the taskbar, it still takes 2 mouse clicks to dismiss a menu, for example, and focus on the next mouse action!
    It still lacks tons of features users have been begging for, and the few features it does have are useless...
    ... like annotate ebooks? Who does that? Proof Readers? Ghost Writers? I'm sure they have more sophisticated software for that then Microsoft Edge!!!

    I could go on......

    I give it a fair chance every new Build but... pffft!
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 19,460
    W11+W11 Developer Insider + Linux
       #328

    Edwin said:
    Edge is not good!
    It lacks most of the functionality of a real client browser, it's rendering engine is p*ss poor,
    it still mutes media when minimized to the taskbar, it still takes 2 mouse clicks to dismiss a menu, for example, and focus on the next mouse action!
    It still lacks tons of features users have been begging for, and the few features it does have are useless...
    ... like annotate ebooks? Who does that? Proof Readers? Ghost Writers? I'm sure they have more sophisticated software for that then Microsoft Edge!!!

    I could go on......

    I give it a fair chance every new Build but... pffft!
    Although I don't think it's a complete disaster, it's not going to replace my FF in any close future. Once again MS has put more effort in bells and whistles that in basic operation. To catch up in functionality with other mainstream browsers first it has to work at all times, unconditionally. I understand growing pains but.... fix it first, develop later. MS could get whole OS perfectly usable since day one but can't (or won't) fix a browser likes of which even small time developers can make.
      My Computers


  10. Posts : 17,660
    Windows 10 Pro
       #329

    Sorry to bump such a recent post but geeks, do any of you remember seeing the screenshot I am talking about and able to link me to post in question:

    Kari said:
    @Wynona, your assistance required :)

    Some days ago you posted a screenshot of your Disk Management (build 16251 thread, if I remember it correctly), showing like half a dozen recovery partitions after C: partition, created by successive upgrades. As this, how feature upgrade handles recovery partitions is something I am trying to figure out and work around, I would like to see that screenshot again as reference but I seem to be unable to find it.

    Could you please repost it, if you still have the screenshot image, or point me to correct post?

    I am also interested in any Disk Management screenshots from UEFI / GPT systems showing three or more recovery partitions.

    Kari
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:53.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums