Windows 10: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Fast Build 16257 PC + 15237 Mobile Insider


  1. Posts : 31,118
    Triple boot - Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Pro Insider (2) - (and a sprinkling of VMs)
       04 Aug 2017 #291

    martyfelker said: View Post
    I understand. That's exactly why I said the amount of content in a build was a determining factor. However my recent experience updating the physical machine was different. This could very well be because I upgraded by running setup.exe on a mounted (virtual - using imdisk) 16257 ISO. Now as I posted while the setup promised to keep my data and apps that was only partially true. A few programs were completely deleted (e.g. Google Chrome Canary) and others needed to reconfigured from the beginning. The size of the Disk Cleanup was 23GB. There were over 60 non-Microsoft programs installed - fortunately Visual Studio was not one of them. I get to installing it on the Windows 10 system after I get out of the work I'm doing with Debian buster - my new favorite Linux distro.
    Ok, we're saying the same thing, just kinda differently. The Google Canary I can understand, MS and Alphabet, Inc. are not drinking buddys!
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  2.    04 Aug 2017 #292

    For what ever reason my Windows Defender was disabled and now doesn't want to work right, has anyone else had this problem
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 1,301
    Triple Boot Windows 10 IP Build 17046/Windows Server 2016/Debian Sid
       04 Aug 2017 #293

    f14tomcat said: View Post
    Ok, we're saying the same thing, just kinda differently. The Google Canary I can understand, MS and Alphabet, Inc. are not drinking buddys!
    Maybe it's not so intense as the Ballmer days. He is reported to have thrown chairs across the room at the mention of "f ing Google"f..
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 1,301
    Triple Boot Windows 10 IP Build 17046/Windows Server 2016/Debian Sid
       04 Aug 2017 #294

    Link to 16257 ISO available via PM


    Just PM me and I can anyone the link to

    16257.1000.170728-1630.RS_PRERELEASE_CLIENTPRO_OEMRET_X64FRE_EN-US.ISO
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 10,269
    1. Windows 7 Home Premium 2. Windows 10 Professional
       04 Aug 2017 #295

    slicendice said: View Post
    Hahha, I understand the equalizer, but visualizers...hmmm... those were very popular at one point but I have no use for such.
    Unless, of course, you have a 'Picture' plug-in!!!

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	000413.png 
Views:	31 
Size:	1.28 MB 
ID:	147224
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 38,043
    Dual boot Windows 10 FCU Pro x 64 & current Insider 10 Pro
       04 Aug 2017 #296

    pwdiver said: View Post
    For what ever reason my Windows Defender was disabled and now doesn't want to work right, has anyone else had this problem
    Hi there. Yes, it seems a few of us have. If Security Center doesn't show up in the Tray then open via Settings app > Update & Security > Defender > Open Windows Defender Security Center > Go to Virus and Protection settings and turn on everything there. Make sure to scroll down to catch all categories. Then reboot.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 1,921
    Windows 10 Pro IP Build 16299.192 (Branch: RS3 Release)
       05 Aug 2017 #297

    Lately the upgrade process is much slower (like 4x slower, at least) than it used to be and for me it fails more often than it succeeds.

    @Kari What you said in that tweet was very well said. Great job! MS should wake up a bit.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 13,457
    Windows 10 Pro
       05 Aug 2017 #298

    slicendice said: View Post
    Lately the upgrade process is much slower (like 4x slower, at least) than it used to be and for me it fails more often than it succeeds.
    One interesting thing I've noticed and can replicate at will is that when there's a new build available at the same time than a new Defender definition file, WU fails to download build upgrade. However, if I first use Defender GUI to update definitions, to get it out of the way, then when done disable Defender, WU has no issues in downloading build upgrade.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  9. Posts : 1,921
    Windows 10 Pro IP Build 16299.192 (Branch: RS3 Release)
       05 Aug 2017 #299

    Kari said: View Post
    One interesting thing I've noticed and can replicate at will is that when there's a new build available at the same time than a new Defender definition file, WU fails to download build upgrade. However, if I first use Defender GUI to update definitions, to get it out of the way, then when done disable Defender, WU has no issues in downloading build upgrade.
    I had to boot in Safe Boot, disable Defender, unregister non critical dlls, then I could upgrade. I don't like where this is heading...The new features are great, but they mean nothing if the OS isn't stable. Rather than having all the Bling Bling like transparency or other effects, it would be much better if the OS was ugly but working like Train Toilet (FIN: Kuin junan vessa).
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  10. Posts : 16,246
    Windows 10 Home 64bit
       05 Aug 2017 #300

    Kari said: View Post
    One interesting thing I've noticed and can replicate at will is that when there's a new build available at the same time than a new Defender definition file, WU fails to download build upgrade. However, if I first use Defender GUI to update definitions, to get it out of the way, then when done disable Defender, WU has no issues in downloading build upgrade.
    I nearly always have a defender update at the same time. It used to fail but that has not happened recently for me. It downloads the DU then waits to install it while dealing with the upgrade.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 

Related Threads
883370827718172672 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16237 for PC - Windows Experience Blog How to Start or Stop Receiving Insider Builds in Windows 10
786612992179712000 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14946 for PC and Mobile | Windows Experience Blog PC: How to Start or Stop Receiving Insider Builds in Windows 10
784439136002375681 784446397466681344 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14942 for PC | Windows Experience Blog How to Start or Stop Receiving Insider Builds in Windows 10
UPDATE: July 15th 2016 754001939445219329 752986516746493952 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14388 for PC and Mobile | Windows Experience Blog
UPDATE: 742889757512867840 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14366 Mobile Build 14364 | Windows Experience Blog
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:24.
Find Us