Page 131 of 150 FirstFirst ... 3181121129130131132133141 ... LastLast
  1.    20 Aug 2017 #1301
    Join Date : Feb 2015
    Bamberg Germany
    Posts : 17,562
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Win10 Pro Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu

    Quote Originally Posted by HippsieGypsie View Post
    I thought they abandoned the Skype UWP app. It's now a desktop executable. Here's mine, which BTW is part of Office or at least in the Office folder. Also, mine works ok.


    Attachment 149673
    Tony, that's the "server" for Office 365's Skype for Business, I think.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  2.    20 Aug 2017 #1302
    Join Date : Feb 2015
    Bamberg Germany
    Posts : 17,562
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Win10 Pro Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu

    .
    The Windows version was developed by Microsoft Corporation. Go over here where you can get more info on Microsoft Corporation. Usually the Skype for Business Basic 2016 - he-il application is to be found in the C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office directory, depending on the user's option during install. C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\ClickToRun\OfficeClickToRun.exe is the full command line if you want to uninstall Skype for Business Basic 2016 - he-il. SKYPESERVER.EXE is the programs's main file and it takes approximately 79.70 KB (81608 bytes) on disk.
    Skype for Business Basic 2016 - he-il version 16.0.8229.2073 by Microsoft Corporation - How to uninstall it
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  3.    20 Aug 2017 #1303
    Join Date : Nov 2013
    Chicagoland
    Posts : 33,736
    Dual boot Windows 10 FCU Pro x 64 & Insider 10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Cliff S View Post
    Tony, that's the "server" for Office 365's Skype for Business, I think.
    Ok, but what we see with Skype on the desktop is basically a web page or similar window. Not much different than when signed in online. Please do a search. I searched within program files. Here's my results.


    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Skype Search 1.PNG 
Views:	71 
Size:	282.8 KB 
ID:	149674

    Then within that SkypeSrv folder.


    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Skype Search 2.PNG 
Views:	71 
Size:	30.5 KB 
ID:	149675
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  4.    20 Aug 2017 #1304
    Join Date : Feb 2015
    Bamberg Germany
    Posts : 17,562
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Win10 Pro Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu

    Quote Originally Posted by HippsieGypsie View Post
    Ok, but what we see with Skype on the desktop is basically a web page or similar window. Not much different than when signed in online. Please do a search. I searched within program files. Here's my results.


    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Skype Search 1.PNG 
Views:	71 
Size:	282.8 KB 
ID:	149674

    Then within that SkypeSrv folder.


    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Skype Search 2.PNG 
Views:	71 
Size:	30.5 KB 
ID:	149675
    C:\Program Files\WindowsApps(need to change permission to view in it)
    C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.SkypeApp_11.19.820.0_x64__kzf8qxf38zg5c

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.png 
Views:	4 
Size:	291.3 KB 
ID:	149678
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  5.    20 Aug 2017 #1305
    Join Date : Feb 2015
    Bamberg Germany
    Posts : 17,562
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Win10 Pro Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu

    If you look in the resources folder in the above, you get all the design icons and emoticons
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.png 
Views:	3 
Size:	304.0 KB 
ID:	149679

    country flags
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.png 
Views:	3 
Size:	269.5 KB 
ID:	149680

    and assets
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.png 
Views:	4 
Size:	340.9 KB 
ID:	149681
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  6.    20 Aug 2017 #1306
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    A Finnish expat in Germany
    Posts : 12,951
    Windows 10 Pro

    Skype Desktop executable is C:\Program Files (x86)\Skype\Phone\Skype.exe in 64 bit Windows, and C:\Program Files\Skype\Phone\Skype.exe in 32 bit installs.

    The executable for Skype for Business Basic (Skype for Business standalone / O365 Pro Plus / O365 Business subscriptions), as well as full Skype for Business (O365 Enterprise subscriptions) is C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\root\Office16\lync.exe in 64 bit installs and C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\root\Office16\lync.exe in 32 bit installs.

    Notice please: Folder name Office16 in above mentioned paths refers to Skype for Business in Office 2016. If using Office 2013 the folder would be Office15, in Office 2010 Office14, and so on. In older versions of Office the application was called Lync, in Office 2016 Skype for Business.

    Skypeserver.exe is a background service for Skype for Business and will be automatically installed with Office Pro, Pro Plus and 365 click-to-run installs even if user does not subscribe to Skype for Business. It is not a Skype executable and can't be run as such. As for instance Office 365 Home subscription contains full Office Pro Plus, it will even be installed with Home subscriptions.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    20 Aug 2017 #1307
    Join Date : Nov 2013
    Chicagoland
    Posts : 33,736
    Dual boot Windows 10 FCU Pro x 64 & Insider 10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Cliff S View Post
    C:\Program Files\WindowsApps(need to change permission to view in it)
    C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.SkypeApp_11.19.820.0_x64__kzf8qxf38zg5c
    Thanks, Cliff. I found it with changing permissions. I'm confused now with UWP vs desktop app. Last I knew they abandoned the Skype UWP app and went with the desktop version.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kari View Post
    Notice please: Folder name Office16 in above mentioned paths refers to Skype for Business in Office 2016. If using Office 2013 the folder would be Office15, in Office 2010 Office14, and so on. In older versions of Office the application was called Lync, in Office 2016 Skype for Business.

    Skypeserver.exe is a background service for Skype for Business and will be automatically installed with Office Pro, Pro Plus and 365 click-to-run installs even if user does not subscribe to Skype for Business. It is not a Skype executable and can't be run as such. As for instance Office 365 Home subscription contains full Office Pro Plus, it will even be installed with Home subscriptions.
    Thanks, Kari. I've got O365 Pro, so don't have some of those. Understanding the background service now too.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  8.    20 Aug 2017 #1308
    Join Date : Feb 2015
    Bamberg Germany
    Posts : 17,562
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Win10 Pro Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu

    Quote Originally Posted by HippsieGypsie View Post
    Thanks, Cliff. I found it with changing permissions. I'm confused now with UWP vs desktop app. Last I knew they abandoned the Skype UWP app and went with the desktop version.


    This is the desktop version of Skyp: Download Skype for Desktop Computer | Skype
    By the way, there are many different types of Skype
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.png 
Views:	6 
Size:	366.7 KB 
ID:	149691
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  9.    20 Aug 2017 #1309
    Join Date : Nov 2015
    Posts : 385
    WINDOWS 10 Pro x64 builds 17040.1000, 16299.64

    Interesting...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	z.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	44.3 KB 
ID:	149697
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    20 Aug 2017 #1310
    Join Date : Feb 2015
    Bamberg Germany
    Posts : 17,562
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Win10 Pro Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu

    Quote Originally Posted by LEOPEVA64 View Post
    Interesting...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	z.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	44.3 KB 
ID:	149697
    Well that's really nice of them,Click image for larger version. 

Name:	th_other_sarcasmMeter.gif 
Views:	51 
Size:	3.4 KB 
ID:	149698
    since they trimmed down how many GB one has.

    I mean, personally I'm ok(have 1TB with O365 Personal),
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.png 
Views:	5 
Size:	61.2 KB 
ID:	149699
    but others that didn't know about the chance to sign up and keep their extra 15GB, got sent back to 5GB. And later comers to Win10, only get 5GB.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

 


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Insider Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16237 PC for Fast ring
883370827718172672 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16237 for PC - Windows Experience Blog How to Start or Stop Receiving Insider Builds in Windows 10
Windows 10 News
Insider Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14946 for PC and Mobile
786612992179712000 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14946 for PC and Mobile | Windows Experience Blog PC: How to Start or Stop Receiving Insider Builds in Windows 10
Windows 10 News
Insider Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14942 for PC on Fast ring
784439136002375681 784446397466681344 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14942 for PC | Windows Experience Blog How to Start or Stop Receiving Insider Builds in Windows 10
Windows 10 News
Insider Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14388 for PC and Mobile
UPDATE: July 15th 2016 754001939445219329 752986516746493952 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14388 for PC and Mobile | Windows Experience Blog
Windows 10 News
Insider Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14366 & Mobile Build 14364
UPDATE: 742889757512867840 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14366 Mobile Build 14364 | Windows Experience Blog
Windows 10 News
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:06.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums