Announcing Windows 10 Insider Fast Build 16257 PC + 15237 Mobile  


  1. Posts : 2,204
    WINDOWS 10 Pro x64 build 19042.685
       #1170

    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Fast Build 16257 PC + 15237 Mobile-1.jpgAnnouncing Windows 10 Insider Fast Build 16257 PC + 15237 Mobile-1.jpg
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 19,460
    W11+W11 Developer Insider + Linux
       #1171

    Auuuuh, they shmucked this one but good !!!
      My Computers


  3. Posts : 3,323
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       #1172

    Future message: There will be no Fall Update this year. We will check back in 2018.
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 49,631
    Windows 10 Home 64bit 21H1 and insider builds
       #1173

    larc919 said:
    Future message: There will be no Fall Update this year. We will check back in 2018.
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 477
    Win 10 Pro x64 19645 Fast
       #1174

    Stuff happens, even to M$. Don't want the roll backs so rather just wait. Still though:

    Kari: got anything else to test? We got the time.
      My Computers


  6. Posts : 4,666
    Windows 10 Pro x64 21H1 Build 19043.1151 (Branch: Release Preview)
       #1175

    information   Information

    !This is for those who want to import shared virtual machines!

    Steps to take:
    1. Open RegEdit
    2. Navigate to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\HyperV.VMImport.1\shell
    3. Expand the shell key
    4. rename the key open to runas
    5. Close RegEdit


    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Fast Build 16257 PC + 15237 Mobile-rename_open_to_runas.png

    Now double click on your .vmcz-file and you should be welcomed with the UAC-prompt
    Click YES
    And voila! You can now import shared VMs. :)
      My Computers


  7. Posts : 14,619
    Windows10
       #1176

    larc919 said:
    Future message: There will be no Fall Update this year. We will check back in 2018.
    Does that mean Autumn is cancelled - mind you in Aberdeen it only lasts one day before Winter sets in anyway .
      My Computer


  8. 24c
    Posts : 979
    Win 10 Prox64 - latest "final"
       #1177

    cereberus said:
    Does that mean Autumn is cancelled - mind you in Aberdeen it only lasts one day before Winter sets in anyway .
    Yes, not only is MS canceling the Autumn update, they are canceling the Autumn season - too confusing.

    Please stay tuned for the next season release.
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 64,544
    64-bit Windows 11 Pro for Workstations
    Thread Starter
       #1178

    1/2 Last night @JBGlennon shared with our execs some of the ways we're letting Individual #WindowsInsiders know their bugs are fixed.


    2/2 custom SUIFs + email + FBH notifications seemed to be the winner. Any other ideas #WindowsInsiders
      My Computers


  10. Posts : 14,619
    Windows10
       #1179

    slicendice said:
    information   Information

    !This is for those who want to import shared virtual machines!

    Steps to take:
    1. Open RegEdit
    2. Navigate to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\HyperV.VMImport.1\shell
    3. Expand the shell key
    4. rename the key open to runas
    5. Close RegEdit


    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Fast Build 16257 PC + 15237 Mobile-rename_open_to_runas.png

    Now double click on your .vmcz-file and you should be welcomed with the UAC-prompt
    Click YES
    And voila! You can now import shared VMs. :)

    Ooh aah Cantona!

    This worked perfectly, this below really surprised me about the imported VM.

    The GUID is absolutely identical! See the ctivation - Definitely not in accordance with EULA for sure!
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Fast Build 16257 PC + 15237 Mobile-image.png

    However, this means it is a good way to back up a vm to restore if it gets screwed up.:)

    Naturally, I shall delete the copy .
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:12.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums